nerfs will result in less healers

Arenas
08/11/2018 08:42Posted by Morkius
Can anyone link me why Disco/Hpally/Rshaman rip??? ty very much :)

Disc is getting nerfs left and right without any compensation. They seem to bring them down a nutch from a 2v2 perspective (which is fine) but forgetting 3s where they are completely fine as it is.

Their damage is nerfed, but their atonement healing not increased to keep healing done while damaging the same.

Their survivability is nerfed (focus will goes from 2 10% stacks, to 1 15% stack), which wasn't even that great to start with.

And their shields are getting weakened soul again, so they can't spam them, but the amount shielded isn't increased.

Holy pallies just lose second Sac which doesn't seem much, but the whole spec is build around cooldowns as their actual healing is pretty mediocre. Their mastery is just complete !@#$.

Shamans aren't really gutted, just brought more in line. They are losing double riptide which just was a massive QoL talent.
07/11/2018 20:05Posted by Râlph
Imagine how much more fun arena would be without healers to brainlessly heal all your mistakes ;^)

All your choices would matter a lot more, but we cant have that

Imagine playing arena without healer as class relying on building up preassure and late game + dampening.

/facepalm
Imagine how much more fun arena would be without healers to brainlessly heal all your mistakes ;^)

Yeah sure it would be so fun to play games vs 2x hybrid dpsers every game. Or 2x tanks.

SO. FUN.

Please think before writing.
Man, imagine if we could still downvote posts here.. Guess downvotes being removed is the reason why Ralph posts here, lul.
@ Ralph

Out of curiosity. What makes you think you have ANYTHING to contribute with, on the pvp forums? You dont even do pvp. How can you even imagine what balance is like?

This has to be a troll, nobody is this dumb.

you mean certain classes becoming worthless because they cant stay alive long enough for their damage to ramp up (see shadow priest, affli warlock, ele shaman and similar classes) while rogues, mages, hunters, ferals are having a field day playing triple dps like it's S11 all over again.

yeah no I can see that being pretty enjoyable. Blizzcon finals best of 7 would be over in 20 minutes :D
08/11/2018 16:34Posted by Barnemonster
@ Ralph

Out of curiosity. What makes you think you have ANYTHING to contribute with, on the pvp forums? You dont even do pvp. How can you even imagine what balance is like?

This has to be a troll, nobody is this dumb.

Mostly curious to see how far in delusions some people are

Just by watching the amount of newly high rated melee mongos whining about easy to beat classes like most casters with the huge ramp up and easy to shut down bursts I can see that they are so far gone, nothing i say matters.

Last time arenas were playable was WoD and since legion the classes have dropped so much that even bad players can get rating by just pveing people and we can see this even in the championship with dh melee mongos pveing ppl to death.

The entire legion and bfa will result to simply melee mongos dominating with a few broken very specific caster specs who get nerfed sooner or later while melee mongo dominance remains.

Just wait a few days, once my sub runs out i wont bother and i ll just keep enjoying swtor pvp where personal skill and decision making matters in arena instead of just pveing ppl to death and using cc at cd ;^)
07/11/2018 22:56Posted by Symex

I have never read someone say something this dumb in the forums before and i regularly read the general forums

To be honest its the same as the "SoloQ for only DDs in 2s".

Both are more or less the same and will end up the same if they would be realized.
08/11/2018 17:32Posted by Râlph
Last time arenas were playable was WoD

If you think WoD was the last time arena was playable, you're WAY off:)

nothing i say matters.

you got that right, saying wod was playable.

once my sub runs out i wont bother

I dont wanna be "that guy", but considering you dont do pvp, i dont think anyone's gonna notice you're gone.

Mostly curious to see how far in delusions some people are

yeah, but you dont do pvp. I mean, at all. How can YOU judge if people are delusional or not? You have no experience, whatsoever, to determine if they are remotely right or not.

Basing your view regarding pvp, on streams and forums, is just bad.
07/11/2018 20:42Posted by Râlph
*checks spec*
Lmao

i play every hunter spec since ive started playing actively in 2014 whats ur point?

just accept the fact that youre insanely bad and its not warlocks that stop you from achieving anything in life you sound like deathfyre crying over those melee overlords while boomie shadow triangle every arena until 3k
08/11/2018 18:26Posted by Louschey
07/11/2018 20:42Posted by Râlph
*checks spec*
Lmao

i play every hunter spec since ive started playing actively in 2014 whats ur point?

just accept the fact that youre insanely bad and its not warlocks that stop you from achieving anything in life you sound like deathfyre crying over those melee overlords while boomie shadow triangle every arena until 3k

Yeah im sure you also play MM in arena ;^)

yeah, but you dont do pvp. I mean, at all. How can YOU judge if people are delusional or not? You have no experience, whatsoever, to determine if they are remotely right or not.

Basing your view regarding pvp, on streams and forums, is just bad.

If i didnt pvp i wouldnt be here and like i said you dont care about what i say so i dont bother, im curious to see how more delusional people can get and how many threads they are gonna make about OP warlocks or poor mongo warrior's execute not hitting more than 24k xD
why instead of nerfing a class they buff others?
08/11/2018 18:58Posted by Raaukoh
because we would eventually One shot each other and eher is no point in that.
08/11/2018 18:39Posted by Râlph
Yeah im sure you also play MM in arena ;^)

I actually do sometimes, how would you know anyways?
08/11/2018 20:57Posted by Bloodlock
because we would eventually One shot each other and eher is no point in that.

Im afraid that ship has already sailed. Theres a handful of classes doing this right now.
BG experience:
Healers might be in need to be taken down a notch, but neither should they be a free kill for any dps. It should be a balance of how much a healer can defend themselves while keeping their team alive.

However my effort as a dps should be more noticed, mostly in how much mana they consume. If we're 2-3 people attacking the healer, while the healer keeps themselves up and their team without barely any loss of mana, it gets annoying. Especially if i, as a DK, have basically done about 4-5 times their health in healing absorb from Necrotic strike during this engagement.

Right now i can't commit to arena for IRL reasons, and i save my judgement in that department, as well the buffs coming in 8.1 to DK's will hopefully put more stress on healing as a whole.

TL;DR: Healers shouldn't be a free kill, but neither should they be immortal while keeping themselves and 3 others alive.
07/11/2018 20:16Posted by Louschey

without healers brainlessly healing all of your mistakes you mean?
smh ppl who stepped into arena once talking about anything regarding game balance

your opinion is literally worthless soz

yeah, people are funny.

99.4% of the time, ALL Flaming is on the healer. But, in fact, healers can't do it alone, and need support--they rarely get.
what nerfs are you talking about by the way???

can you please name/link the source?

Because buffing more to bring it in line with one often comes with more issues than nerfing one to bring it in line the rest. There's more variables to consider and a higher risk of buffing something to the point of being broken. Of course this doesn't quite apply to specs that vastly underperform.