This happened against 2 Casters

Arenas
09/11/2018 15:45Posted by Скарф
Actually GP damage can't be reduced by def cds, so there is only one way to deal with it, line it and play boomy+dh+resto.

I'm fairly certain damage reductions still apply to it as long as they're used before the cast is finished.

09/11/2018 14:44Posted by Dontkillhaha
OMG !

People are STILL DEFENDING THIS !

Again:

2 seconds ..... 3 CDs ...... 100 --> 0 !

YOU CANNOT be any were near to being Fair when you defend this unless you are playing with a Fire Mage

We're not defending it. We're saying that you lost to it because you weren't playing properly to counteract it. You're not playing against rank 1 players, or even close to that, so there's always something you can do to prevent it at your rating.

You just flat out refuse to even think about what you could do before you went to the forum to complain.

09/11/2018 08:49Posted by Serenyca
OP has a point. You are say about the way he used he defensives or how he plays in general. The truth is that being able to burst someone down in a matter of 2 seconds is too strong and needa a nerf. If you fail to see this, then i dont know what to say. Now keep commenting about everyones rating. It will justify the strength of sich a burst perfectly.

It's not really being bursted down in 2 seconds if you can see it coming for 3,6 - 3,8 seconds.

The bigger problem is blaster master traits with flame on as a talent that lets a fire mage go that all in with damage, either after a greater pyro or with meteor during a stun. Of course there's something to be said for Shimmer as a mobility spell in that regard as well, making it a lot easier to both get off greater pyro but also avoid being interrupted during the cast by melee.
Both of those are the major underlying issues as to why some see greater pyro as the big offender.
09/11/2018 14:54Posted by Nexintus
Well I mean if we're being technical its more like 3.8s + 2-3s which is more like 7s and not 2 and that assumes the two low level mages cast gpb at the same time which is also unlikely.

I mean if gpb took away 100% of your health but took an hour to cast you wouldnt say you died in 0seconds now would you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSinHDBcAcc

So , how is life on your side Mr. Rogue ?
So , while i am camping Edge or reality i am getting wisps from people people , some are polite others are just offensive

I am not a dev , and this thread will not ( ALONE ) get you nerfed .

Ok , lets start over with this: Dear Mages plz answer the following questions giving us reasons :

1) If Blizz removes GP and nerf the number of instant casts you have while buffing mobility and Combustion , will you still play Fire spec ?

2) If GP got reworked to be ONLY working during Combustion for example with the same cast time + buff to fire spec mobility , will you still play Fire spec ?

3) If everything remains the same and GP get removed and replaced with a really nice survivabilty talent + lowered CD on Combustion , will you still play fire SPEC ?
L2P
09/11/2018 19:30Posted by Dontkillhaha
1) If Blizz removes GP and nerf the number of instant casts you have while buffing mobility and Combustion , will you still play Fire spec ?

i dont see why combustion even needs a buff. i'd rather the class wasn't focused around a 2min purgeable cd that really just buffs your ignite dot by a ton. mobility isnt really the issue, fire has no slows anymore and only 1 nova. breath is also a bad peel because it breaks from dot damage for whatever reason.

and in fact i think most mages would agree that GP isn't fun to use and would rather have a more functional kit that doesn't need it.

2) If GP got reworked to be ONLY working during Combustion for example with the same cast time + buff to fire spec mobility , will you still play Fire spec ?

then GP would never be used because combustion is your instant burst window where you use your 3 charges of PF and 3 charges of FB in conjunction with meteor and just spam instants. you would never use combustion and THEN proceed to try and hardcast a greater pyro. You may as well delete GP and replace it at that point.

again don't think fire needs mobility so much as proper slows or breath actually being useful (lul relentless allows you to kick / death / bear the incoming sheep cus duration is too short).

3) If everything remains the same and GP get removed and replaced with a really nice survivabilty talent + lowered CD on Combustion , will you still play fire SPEC ?

I would, although the row GP is in makes me think there wouldnt be an option to substitute it for a defensive right now, however for the sake of the argument I would gladly have GP out of the game for good and a nerf to Blaster Master in exchange for being able to fend for myself as fire instead of just being a glass cannon that wins on cheesy setups.

since fire does not have access to double roots, cone of cold, 100% slow ray of frost etc i think it would be nice to have SOMETHING that allows them to peel for themselves and others besides sheep botting.
09/11/2018 22:25Posted by Dameg
since fire does not have access to double roots, cone of cold, 100% slow ray of frost etc i think it would be nice to have SOMETHING that allows them to peel for themselves and others besides sheep botting.

I mean, Blastwave could help... if they'd make it baseline or put it on the AoE tier, which currently is pick Living Bomb and never use it due to the other two options potentially breaking CC. That or beef up the Flamestrike slow to 35 - 40% so it's at least viable to spend procs on for kiting. 20% is just laughable.

What? Combustion needs no buff as the spec already plays too much around it and Meteor. If anything they need to remove the extra mastery gained from using it and shift that damage elsewhere.

It would be complete trash with that restriction. No one would use it because it's miles better to burst with Fire Blast and Pyroblast. You don't want to spend more than 50% of Combusts uptime on casting something that can be interrupted and waste the rest of its duration.
Additionally then fire does not need more mobility. It already has plenty with 2x Shimmer, Frost Nova and, to a degree, Dragon's Breath. Only thing they can do in terms of mobility is add back the on-use Blazing Speed to replace Blastwave on the movement tier. Blazing Speed felt like a much more fluid way of getting DB's on healers, but with the downside of giving them more ways to outplay it. That and giving the spec back a proper slow would be enough.

That would still leave the issue of doing nothing in between combust and meteor cd's. I'd gladly give it up for baseline Phoenix Flames, however, and a talent that lets Phoenix Flames deal more upfront damage but no split damage to secondary targets around the main one. This still plays into the whole instant damage issue, but at least it makes the spec more consistent with damage for burst windows.

When it comes to survivability then i don't really see that being an issue for the spec. If anything it might leave the spec too tanky and able to turret in the middle of the arena with Flame Cannon talented for up to 15% extra HP, spell range and fire damage.

Personally i'd like to see Cone of Cold or Blastwave added to the spec baseline or in a way that makes it feasible to pick those spells. If either of those spells, or a significant buff to Flamestrike' slow gets paired with adding back Blazing Speed then the spec is in a more than good spot mobility wise and survivability wise (mages are about mobility to prevent damage, not upfront tankability).

If you really want to replace Greater Pyroblast it has to be with something that lets the mage do something meaningful in between the 45 sec bursts that isn't spamming polymorph to control. The current alternative is spamming Fireball or reposition. I don't need something consistently threatening but something that lets the spec be somewhat dangerous in between when set up with a partner's damage. Phoenix Flames would be alright, but it comes with the usual issue of maybe breaking CC if the kill target is close to the CC target, which is why a PvP talent to increase its damage (or lower the CD of the spell when doing something else) at the cost no splash damage would be great.
09/11/2018 19:52Posted by Wosler
L2P

LMAO

This is the Basic : NO I R GETTING BOOSTED BY A MAGE TO GLAD PLZ DONT NERF !
08/11/2018 21:30Posted by Dontkillhaha
<span class="truncated">...</span>nah, he is 1650. Guess that's what he is reffering to lul.

Look who is trying to make me look bad , sorry to make you look like an idiot ..... not even 1700 , i way higher :)

Stay small son

STAY SMALL SON

bloodlock u heard him
09/11/2018 23:26Posted by Dontkillhaha
09/11/2018 19:52Posted by Wosler
L2P

LMAO

This is the Basic : NO I R GETTING BOOSTED BY A MAGE TO GLAD PLZ DONT NERF !

dude after cheching you on https://check-pvp.fr/database/character/?r=eu&q=Cuttz-Kazzak

fury war with 1557cr in 2s 401 loses and 356 wins... 3s 1700 cr after 1200games played ehm? they should ban you from forums to stop you from posting this nonsence posts

you must be utter bad
09/11/2018 04:52Posted by Dontkillhaha

Yet, instead of using three defensives you could have gotten away with using... one. Simply by playing better. This is simple math, using one instead of three is better in arenas. Far more economical.

Overall, if you are using three defensives in short succession, or overlap like you did, it's usually a bad sign and the risk is high that you will lose in a short future anyway.
Only exception being if you somehow manage to outplay your opponent (unlikely if you couldn't pick the right defensive to start with), or your opponent somehow not being able to capitalize on your mistakes. Perhaps by throwing all their burst in one basket and then have nothing to follow it up with.

I know you think you are proving some point by overlapping cd's like that, but in reality it's more a matter of a series of mistakes done by you and your healer.

Perhaps you should try to stop taking things to a personal level and instead analyse the situation.

Again, in even slower speed , hope you can process this mr. Mage friend:

3 ..... MAJOR ...... COOL DOWNS ..... FULL HEALTH ..... IN 2 SECONDS WENT FROM 100% to ZERO ..... NO BUGGS ..... NO GLITCHES ....... 2 SECONDS , 100% ---> 0%

You cannot defend this

The cast time of greater pyro is already longer than 2 seconds... just saying...
Does it do damage while casting ?

i am talking everything that happens when it does hit target

insta insta insta = Dead

Funny how blizz made the GCD changes and this is how OP fire Mages are , now question is :

If there was no GCD changes in BFA , how would have Mages been ? 1 Second and your deleted xD
Look at all the RM players defending Mages.

35% HP Pyroblast is a retarded mechanic, even more so with cast while blinking.
09/11/2018 04:52Posted by Dontkillhaha
Again, in even slower speed , hope you can process this mr. Mage friend:

3 ..... MAJOR ...... COOL DOWNS ..... FULL HEALTH ..... IN 2 SECONDS WENT FROM 100% to ZERO ..... NO BUGGS ..... NO GLITCHES ....... 2 SECONDS , 100% ---> 0%

You cannot defend this

Perhaps you should calm down and read my post again. Although I'm not sure if you can't understand or don't want to anymore at this point.

Actually, your reaction here makes me think of this clip:
https://youtu.be/Gq3AJ-yi2pw?t=38

Like you he gets blown up by the mage there with an additional chaos bolt from wlock, he still have a trinket available and everything. But instead of starting to rage about mage damage he asks his mates if they didn't have anything to stop it. See. He's calm and he discusses what THEY could have done differently.

Now you know already what you could have done different yet here you still are raging because people don't want to pat you own your back and go "there there buddy, you did nothing wrong (like failing to time that spell reflect), it's the game".

You can rage and insult all you want, but the harsh truth remains. It was you. Not the game. It was you.
BROKEN CLASS FIRE MAGE.
there's a very simple answer to this:

If the mage is right, and he was killed 100-0 in 2 seconds with all his defensives up and there was nothing else he could do to survive, then surely that would mean that this comp would be played by everyone, and couldn't be beaten. in reality, this comp is very rarely played because its easy to shut down and counter if you play against it properly.

look at it this way; if the best team in the world can beat this comp, then it means that they've done something that you or your team didn't do in order to stay alive, meaning that you could have played better.