Can you lower the god damn damage in PVP?

Battlegrounds
Start healing a guy at 70%, he dies BEFORE I CAN CAST A FLASH HEAL.
Not saying you are wrong, but could you come with some more details. I have felt they should increase the damage in PVP, so we dont get these long fights.

The guy you tried to heal, did he hit more then one person or something else?
11/11/2018 00:54Posted by Icorian
Not saying you are wrong, but could you come with some more details. I have felt they should increase the damage in PVP, so we dont get these long fights.

The guy you tried to heal, did he hit more then one person or something else?

Huge difference between ppl who know how to dps and ppl who dont. Long fights only happen if ppl dont know how to dps OR if the dpsers get peeled non stop.

Random BG player does 1500-2000 dps (ive healed in BGs where the top dps did 1800 dps).

Random person that knows what hes doing in pvp does about 6000-10000. Ive seen so many classses and specs bursting ppl down solo in a few globals. Moonkins, firemages, locks, enh shamans, rogues, fury wars, ferals, rets, and i probs forgot a few.
The DMG has been too high since start of Legion. People complain about "long games," but that is only when they don't know who to kill people.

Now, all you gotta do is 1-2-3, ftw.
Oh yeah, it is extremely high compared to Cataclysm.
I used to hit arcane blast 40k crit and 50/60k with AP without any buff in cataclysm, Now i do like 40-50k and that is with full buff and etc.

Arcane blast did 20k based damage, now it does 10k base damage. Frostbolt did 20k crit damage now it does 1.5k. Icelance hit around 20k, now its 10k. Regular pyroblast crit used to hit for 30k without anybuffs.

I don't know how you can claim that damage is higher than cataclysm when infact most of the spell do wotlk damage.
It's a random bg, could be someone that tanks burst without using any defensives.

There's some spec's that can deal a huge amount of damage but it's difficult to judge what's to blame in a random bg.
You should be able to keep up as a healer.
13/11/2018 06:31Posted by Cirkus

Nope. Had a mongo warrior just now, he jumped on the hunter I was defending with and bursted. He was 1v2 and he killed the hunter. Didn't even interrupt me and he killed him through ray of hopes +50% extra healing, he OUTDAMAGED MY HEALING DURING RAY OF HOPE.
And just now I died from 50% hp to guardian spirit triggering during one GCD and then next GCD I died again.
14/11/2018 23:49Posted by Mindbox
And just now I died from 50% hp to guardian spirit triggering during one GCD and then next GCD I died again.

I suggest equipping some armor and pressing Holy Word Serenity once in a while.
11/11/2018 00:39Posted by Mindbox
Start healing a guy at 70%, he dies BEFORE I CAN CAST A FLASH HEAL.

Say hi to burst XD

And yes, it sucks..
13/11/2018 06:31Posted by Cirkus

Unless there is dmg, comming out of the blue, whichtakes you from 70%-0% in less than a second…

IF you somehow manage to "counter it", its luck and rng all the way..
Random BG's are random.

In WSG last night, I picked up Bezerking buff, Popped Salt water potion, popped two on-use agility trinkets and deleted a feral druid in about 8 seconds.

Those are extreme circumstances. Not everyone bothers to do things like that.

Lower damage and healers become immortal. Healers can already outlast 2 dps comfortably.
15/11/2018 11:54Posted by Söze
Random BG's are random.

In WSG last night, I picked up Bezerking buff, Popped Salt water potion, popped two on-use agility trinkets and deleted a feral druid in about 8 seconds.

Those are extreme circumstances. Not everyone bothers to do things like that.

Lower damage and healers become immortal. Healers can already outlast 2 dps comfortably.

perhaps your dps. but its true lower dps would make healer way too op
bers buff + saltwater + dps cooldown + dps trinket = instant oneshots.
It has been done for over a decade now...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xd08-n2JIDs