Refund?

Classic Discussion
Lawfully speaking, if Blizzard decides to back down on their promise of removing sharding after the population has stabilized, could you request a full refund?

I mean false advertising is against the law, isn't it?

I'm asking because I can tolerate sharding for the first few weeks because I can just not play during that time, but I have this nagging feeling that Blizzard isn't planning on removing it completely and will still continue to use sharding when the stress on the servers becomes too much, and I'm pretty sure I'm not alone on this matter.
Refund of what? Your sub?
12/11/2018 18:26Posted by Snagryn
Refund of what? Your sub?

Pretty much.
Let's say I play for the first half year and they STILL haven't removed it, I would have wasted 90 bucks because of false advertising.
I guess you would have to prove that it had a negative impact on your gaming experience.
The easiest option, if you don't intend to play in the first few weeks while they use the sharding, would be to wait until they announced that sharding had been removed and then resubscribe.
Lol you wont get anything.
Lies and fake is part of marketing today. Staged prerendered trailers, edited screenshots, false promises...
12/11/2018 18:38Posted by Lentat
I guess you would have to prove that it had a negative impact on your gaming experience.

Prove? How? Send Blizzard data of my cortisol levels?
12/11/2018 18:42Posted by Lantiia
The easiest option, if you don't intend to play in the first few weeks while they use the sharding, would be to wait until they announced that sharding had been removed and then resubscribe.

That was my original plan. I'm asking this for the people who trust Blizzard and might get screwed in the future.
12/11/2018 18:25Posted by Spiike
Lawfully speaking, if Blizzard decides to back down on their promise of removing sharding after the population has stabilized, could you request a full refund?

I'm asking because I can tolerate sharding for the first few weeks because I can just not play during that time, but I have this nagging feeling that Blizzard isn't planning on removing it completely and will still continue to use sharding when the stress on the servers become too much, and I'm pretty sure I'm not alone on this matter.

The Difference between Vanilla and Classic is that :

1- Vanilla was originally created as "World of Warcraft".
2- Classic is going to be named as "World of Warcraft Classic".

So in case of "lawsuit" , such thing will be legal , because it is not "Advertised" as "Original Game" , but as "Modified additional Game".

I agree that "Blizzard want to make Vanilla as we all remember" , but according to "legal lawsuits" , it won't be named as "World of Warcraft" advertisement , it will be named as "World of Warcraft Classic" .

Their Announcing of "Sharding" is also not written as a TOU , which mean , they can do any kind of modification without being affected by any legal lawsuit.
12/11/2018 18:46Posted by Killerduki
12/11/2018 18:25Posted by Spiike

I'm asking because I can tolerate sharding for the first few weeks because I can just not play during that time, but I have this nagging feeling that Blizzard isn't planning on removing it completely and will still continue to use sharding when the stress on the servers become too much, and I'm pretty sure I'm not alone on this matter.

The Difference between Vanilla and Classic is that :

1- Vanilla was originally created as "World of Warcraft".
2- Classic is going to be named as "World of Warcraft Classic".

So in case of "lawsuit" , such thing will be legal , because it is not "Advertised" as "Original Game" , but as "Modified additional Game".

I agree that "Blizzard want to make Vanilla as we all remember" , but according to "legal lawsuits" , it won't be named as "World of Warcraft" advertisement , it will be named as "World of Warcraft Classic" .

Their Announcing of "Sharding" is also not written as a TOU , which mean , they can do any kind of modification without being affected by any legal lawsuit.

Yeah but Ion said they will remove sharding later on. Do verbal promises have no meaning when it comes to the law? Especially since proof exists in video format.
12/11/2018 18:51Posted by Spiike
Yeah but Ion said they will remove sharding later on. Do verbal promises have no meaning when it comes to the law? Especially since proof exists in video format.

There's nothing in Ion's statement that binds Blizzard legally to anything.

In short, no. You cannot get a refund, because you don't pay a subscription to play WoW Classic, but retail, and that's what they'll use against anyone stupid enough to attempt a lawsuit.
12/11/2018 19:07Posted by Geronîmoo
12/11/2018 18:51Posted by Spiike

There's nothing in Ion's statement that binds Blizzard legally to anything.

In short, no. You cannot get a refund, because you don't pay a subscription to play WoW Classic, but retail, and that's what they'll use against anyone stupid enough to attempt a lawsuit.

I'm not dumb enough to sue a multi billion dollar company lol (unless I knew I could win somehow) I'm just talking about a simple refund, and I doubt Blizzard would want to take such a simple matter to court either.
12/11/2018 19:10Posted by Spiike
I'm not dumb enough to sue a multi billion dollar company lol (unless I knew I could win somehow) I'm just talking about a simple refund, and I doubt Blizzard would want to take such a simple matter to court either.

Yeah, and i just explained why you'll never get a refund.
12/11/2018 19:13Posted by Geronîmoo
12/11/2018 19:10Posted by Spiike

Yeah, and i just explained why you'll never get a refund.

We'll just have to see about that.
When you install the game you sign for understanding that they can change it anyway they like.

Besides, how you gonna explain you play for half a year and didn't have any enjoyment because of a microscopically small thing as sharding.
t because of a microscopically small thing as sharding.

I don't think it's microscopically small at all and any real Classic fan would agree.
12/11/2018 19:16Posted by Spiike
We'll just have to see about that.

There's nothing to see. Period.

You don't pay for Classic, you pay for the retail game. You can't get a refund because you don't like Classic because Classic is free for anyone with a retail subscription and the argument that you bought a subscription to play Classic will be moot.

You go ahead though and see just how far you get. I've worked with things like this for the past 20 years and you won't get anywhere.
I guess you would have to prove that it had a negative impact on your ganking experience.

Fixed! ;)
12/11/2018 19:20Posted by Spiike
t because of a microscopically small thing as sharding.

I don't think it's microscopically small at all and any real Classic fan would agree.
I love Classic but i also think most of you people think the world runs on air.

You are getting the best game in the world for free and all you ungratefull plebs can do is whine about a few things that are put in place to make sure Classic will run for many years without it costing too much.

So if that makes me "not a real Classic Fan" i'll gladly wear that badge as a token of intelligence.

Meanwhile i hope to be playing Classic for a very long time and if a few minor measures scares away a bunch of freeloading pirates... all the better. Maybe THAT is why they implement it in the first place. :)