Just me or there's a not as many people playing?

General
I get that it's 2 months into the tier, but I am not kidding, being an avid pugger and wasting all my little free time on WoW, I genuinely have no good people to play with, where as just about 3 weeks ago, you could've done a lot of things even on Saturdays, now? Not one chance.

Everyone that's remotely decent comes in at reset time, does their weekly things quick (most people I know don't bother with G'huun due to how BS it is) and hop off. All in 3-4 hours max.

I talked to a few people and it's the same, though it makes sense, all the good people that had what to get out of the game probably already got it and got bored.

For example, made 4-5 groups for G'huun HC with 2 hours of just working on the side while looking at LFG and very few people with curve (that they clearly bought either way) applied, virtually no one with a real achievement applied, you can't go like that, you're not even gonna hit 3-4 wipes because people leave.

Is this normal?

Legion, even though I had nobody on my friends list more or less, felt so alive in comparison, 6 months into NH and you could've made any pug, at any time, no-lifed that tier so much and never had any issues with making a group.
14/11/2018 04:12Posted by Phodapopo
I genuinely have no good people to play with

Make some friends and play with them, simple.

I personally haven't witnessed the same trend as you have, but then again, I do have friends to play with and when pugging I find groups and capable people to play with.
14/11/2018 04:14Posted by Tymaar
I genuinely have no good people to play with

Make some friends and play with them, simple.

I personally haven't witnessed the same trend as you have, but then again, I do have friends to play with and when pugging I find groups and capable people to play with.

Everyone I play with except a few people quit, or I mean not quit but just simply aren't interested.

Also, it depends on what "capable" means. Capable of 7/8HC? Yea, plenty of groups but even so, besides reset day, I found it pretty hard to make groups even for that.
I get that it's 2 months into the tier, but I am not kidding, being an avid pugger and wasting all my little free time on WoW, I genuinely have no good people to play with, where as just about 3 weeks ago, you could've done a lot of things even on Saturdays, now? Not one chance.

Everyone that's remotely decent comes in at reset time, does their weekly things quick (most people I know don't bother with G'huun due to how BS it is) and hop off. All in 3-4 hours max.

I talked to a few people and it's the same, though it makes sense, all the good people that had what to get out of the game probably already got it and got bored.

For example, made 4-5 groups for G'huun HC with 2 hours of just working on the side while looking at LFG and very few people with curve (that they clearly bought either way) applied, virtually no one with a real achievement applied, you can't go like that, you're not even gonna hit 3-4 wipes because people leave.

Is this normal?

Legion, even though I had nobody on my friends list more or less, felt so alive in comparison, 6 months into NH and you could've made any pug, at any time, no-lifed that tier so much and never had any issues with making a group.

not just you

everyone thinking this game is doing well is lying to themselves
14/11/2018 04:55Posted by Nim

Is this normal?

not just you

everyone thinking this game is doing well is lying to themselves

You have no data for it, but yea, knowing how a business operates and what's needed to keep people engaged, clearly BfA missed the mark.

I don't think it's as bad as people make it out to be, but I can definitely feel it and it's not just me.
I've had no issue finding good players like, at all, so I think its mostly a you problem.
My guild still gets 20+ people sign up for every raid 2 months into the tier. I did several 6-10 keys with all my 3 characters and pugged uldir hc upto mythrax with my alt this week. So far so good here.
14/11/2018 06:22Posted by Golkha
My guild still gets 20+ people sign up for every raid 2 months into the tier. I did several 6-10 keys with all my 3 characters and pugged uldir hc upto mythrax with my alt this week. So far so good here.

For every rule there is an exception.
14/11/2018 07:28Posted by Toohottodot

Like Obi Wan said. all is true from a certain point of view. My guild is not so alive but boralus is full and the queues i had were quick.
If the remotely decent playes leave you instead of playing with you, then begin to look after remotely decent people who plays.

Maybe people just do other stuff, because they have become fed up with the myth or dungeons.

When I quest on different alts, I run in so many people I have to wait for mobs to spawn.
I also end up in a lot of random groups, with a lot of friendly random people - who help each other out.

I don't know if what you experince is normal, but my questing experince is alright.
You are right, i notice yesterday in dalaran and ogrimar few ppl at the ah.
14/11/2018 07:28Posted by Toohottodot

this could work the other way around though too lol
14/11/2018 09:10Posted by Destinny
You are right, i notice yesterday in dalaran and ogrimar few ppl at the ah.

Yeah I was outside the AH in Orgri and it was so empty, I genuinely thought I had rendering issues. So I whisped a random player there who pretty much confirmed that it’s not an illusion.
Just from my point of view, so my opinion and my direct surroundings:
We are barely logging in atm, it feels like there is nothing to do on our mains. (Yes it's WoW there is always something you haven't done... but right now it's mostly boring... something I never expirienced during all of legion).

A while back we started playing new chars to unlock Heritage sets and when the new Exp curves were announced basically we instantly stopped playing and went into a "wait for 8.1 hiatus". Basically this waiting is what I am hearing from most sides.

To those claiming all is great: Check the auction houses, yes there are still alot of players but nothing compared to a few weeks back. Tbh Blizzcon felt like a big cut there aswell. Not saying there is no one playing, just alot less atm
Last 44 hours remaining for me. Giving those back to Blizzard, I don`t want them.

Then I will quit my ranting here as well and maybe I will come back when there will be a patch, that introduces FUN.
Not just you, most of my IRL/in game friends gave up and quit the game, zones and cities feel empty too. Don't think that 8.1 or 8.2 will change anything.
i'm waiting for next blizzcon so i can hear any news for 9.0
I noticed last night how empty the world felt, I finished levelling a warrior with WM on (horde) and saw no one in the open world, I created a group to kill some of the rares for the Nessingway quest line and after 30 minutes not a single applicant, even the cities had only half a dozen people.

This morning on at the chest on reset there were 3 people plus myself waiting . All feels very quiet at the moment. On the plus side I've had no problem finding pug groups for N and H raids, or getting my +10 done so people are playing (possibly not in BfA areas)

All a bit sad and I hope 8.1 can inject some life back into the world.
14/11/2018 11:08Posted by Naxxos
I noticed last night how empty the world felt, I finished levelling a warrior with WM on (horde) and saw no one in the open world, I created a group to kill some of the rares for the Nessingway quest line and after 30 minutes not a single applicant, even the cities had only half a dozen people.

This morning on at the chest on reset there were 3 people plus myself waiting . All feels very quiet at the moment. On the plus side I've had no problem finding pug groups for N and H raids, or getting my +10 done so people are playing (possibly not in BfA areas)

All a bit sad and I hope 8.1 can inject some life back into the world.

Same here. It seemed to me that even Boralus is noticeably less populated than it has hitherto been. My guild has gone from a core of active players who returned with enthusiasm at the start of BfA to maybe one or two online at best.
Additional of being extremely (very much) frustrated with my shaman main.... and some difficulties with my guild, I have stopped raiding , just doing some leveling on my alts like this one here, doing transmog runs... My other previous guild where I had chars , sadly broke down so now I have to decide what to do, leave my guild on my main looking for a new home of just wait for 8.1

I got my Voidtalon this week flying to Blackrock foundry and accidentally having the luck to fly by an active portal.... :) I was speechless for 10 minutes not believing I actually got it... never believed it could be mine as I hate camping spawn points.

I think it is often at this point into the exp ... usually there are a few problems this early on which get resolved later some of the ppl return...

My sup is still 3 months so ... otherwise I'd not be here atm I suppose..
I’ve stopped playing BfA until Patch 8.1 as I’m just not enjoying the game at the moment. Instead I’ve been spending my time playing great games such as Red Dead Redemption 2 on my PS4 Pro which has been a better investment of my free time.

That being said, this is a cycle I’ve noticed for years. As patches and tiers progress, some people give up and others finish things faster so the pool of players who are around does shrink. I can imagine most people are getting their raids complete on Wednesday or Thursday before checking out for the week and playing other games.