Blood Knight Armour

General
Hello, just something that bothers me.

https://ibb.co/kpgSeU

This is what I drew when I first discovered what you had created for us. Tier twenty one, and specifically the pvp version of it is clearly elven armour. Now on the Horde we have two paladins.

Some of us call ourselves blood knights. And that specific faction has a common colour scheme. Black and red. So back then last year imagine my surprise when the pvp armour that frankly looked designed for us, was vomit yellow. It also made me a bit sad, but hey what's one players opinion.

Now about two weeks ago I was in a warfront on alliance, Newstead hadn't been taken and I spied an npc, captain something or other. Wearing what I would describe as the picture I recoloured last year.

I figured one off art team having a bit of fun, come Liadrins turn in the warfront and it seems like it's the new uniform for standard Ra damned blood knights.

I beseech you now. Make that colour scheme available or for the love of Ra make the heritage armour have a second tint like the maghar that will cater to us.

I can guarantee at least one upset blood knight.
Idk what blizzard was thinking when they put that brown trash one in the game over the red and black that npcs get to use now... like red and black is the color of the horde as well and it fits the blood knights. The brown yellow thing has nothing horde over it at all, its just ugly.
10/10/2018 10:00Posted by Blaire

2..:)
Why do you call yourself a blood knight? Wouldn't that be a blood deathknight? What do paladins who use the power of the light have to do with blood?

I don't know which one of us is more confused.
10/10/2018 11:06Posted by Brutal
Why do you call yourself a blood knight? Wouldn't that be a blood deathknight? What do paladins who use the power of the light have to do with blood?

I do, it's you. I mean perhaps you've never come across the order. Play through some bc content, look at wowpedia. Maybe you'll be less confused after.

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Blood_Knight
http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Blood_elf
learn you a book young man..:)
That explains what a blood knight is, but makes your argument /request about "Blood knight Armor" even more confusing as it says something about "most of them became priests, and a few became paladins".

Do you want cloth armor as that's what the majority of "blood knight armor" would be?
10/10/2018 11:33Posted by Brutal
Do you want cloth armor as that's what the majority of "blood knight armor" would be?

Not sure if your just trolling or genuinely clueless about Blood Knight Blood Elf Paladins...
10/10/2018 11:37Posted by Avariya
Not sure if your just trolling or genuinely clueless about Blood Knight Blood Elf Paladins...

Clueless, I play the game casually and ignore the story because I find it boring. But anyway I just think it's weird to say "I'm not just a paladin, but I'm such a snow flake I call myself something else instead because I'm better than other paladins and I want my own armor set ect ect"
10/10/2018 12:00Posted by Brutal
Clueless, I play the game casually and ignore the story because I find it boring. But anyway I just think it's weird to say "I'm not just a paladin, but I'm such a snow flake I call myself something else instead because I'm better than other paladins and I want my own armor set ect ect"

It is the same reason that Draenei Paladins are referred to as 'Vindicators', and Tauren ones as 'Sunwalkers'. Its a cultural name, nothing more. 'The Blood of the Fallen' is an important and recurring theme throughout Blood Elf culture. It is the reason the race calls themselves what they do, I mean Blood Elves are essentially High Elves that -call- themselves Blood Elves, so it makes sense that their order of Knights, formed during the time when the race adopted that name, call themselves 'Blood Knights'.
Add one more to that list of upset players OP. As nice as those paladin sets are, they hardly fit. Would've been good to have at least one colour variant to match it, but it just didn't happen.

By the way, you might want to check out Legion season 3&4 paladin set. Helm doesn't fit the theme, also shoulders and waist might need to be replaced with something else, but the overall colour scheme goes pretty well.

https://www.wowhead.com/transmog-set=2555/cruel-combatants-scaled-armor-horde-recolor

It has nothing to to with being a snowflake though, that's how paladins are. Only humans and dwarves share the same paladin order, other races have their own separate orders that follow different code and philosophy. And unlike the other orders Blood Knights don't even worship the Light, its just another source to be used and manipulated, and they treat it exactly in that way.
10/10/2018 10:00Posted by Blaire
Hello, just something that bothers me.

https://ibb.co/kpgSeU

This is what I drew when I first discovered what you had created for us. Tier twenty one, and specifically the pvp version of it is clearly elven armour. Now on the Horde we have two paladins.

Some of us call ourselves blood knights. And that specific faction has a common colour scheme. Black and red. So back then last year imagine my surprise when the pvp armour that frankly looked designed for us, was vomit yellow. It also made me a bit sad, but hey what's one players opinion.

Now about two weeks ago I was in a warfront on alliance, Newstead hadn't been taken and I spied an npc, captain something or other. Wearing what I would describe as the picture I recoloured last year.

I figured one off art team having a bit of fun, come Liadrins turn in the warfront and it seems like it's the new uniform for standard Ra damned blood knights.

I beseech you now. Make that colour scheme available or for the love of Ra make the heritage armour have a second tint like the maghar that will cater to us.

I have the true blood knight look :D
10/10/2018 12:21Posted by Savoren
And unlike the other orders Blood Knights don't even worship the Light, its just another source to be used and manipulated, and they treat it exactly in that way.

Hmm, lets be fair, whilst that -was- true in the beginning of the Order, it is no longer true. Some do, some don't, I mean the Head of the Blood Knights is quite famously devout in her faith.
10/10/2018 12:21Posted by Hölyshöck

I have the true blood knight look :D

and like the rest of us 'true blood knights' you are reduced to low res horrible gear from TBC and vanilla to create something suitable! ;)
just think it's weird to say "I'm not just a paladin, but I'm such a snow flake I call myself something else instead because I'm better than other paladins and I want my own armor set ect ect"

And that there is where your so completely wrong.
Blood Elf Paladins were for quite some time the only available Paladin race for the Horde.
They however were not granted "the light" by the Naaru, instead they captured and enslaved a Naaru forcing it to give them a version of Paladin that at the time was a tiny bit different.

All of this could have been read up in the links that were provided by Drunkenangel, but I guess it's easier to be lazy and continue feigning ignorance.

The same reason why Blood elves are called Blood elves, it has nothing to do with actual blood magic or necromancy

I havn't thought about this set specifically as you have but I will admit that the amount of red-black gear sets for paladin has been non existent and only exists in classic low-res format, the best thing I have is the off-set pieces of the ICC25 red/black DK set which has fel green gems which makes it look really cool.

Blood Knights had some of the coolest armor, was a waste to never, not even once, toss a set our way like was done with Draenei and all the paladin sets featuring crystals and hybrid space alien design
10/10/2018 12:30Posted by Brigante
Hmm, lets be fair, whilst that -was- true in the beginning of the Order, it is no longer true. Some do, some don't, I mean the Head of the Blood Knights is quite famously devout in her faith.
That is true but the question is, is she still? if I was my character and if I knew about what the Naaru tried to do with Illidan, I'd probably be extremely outspoken in beliefs to once again imprison Naaru and force them to serve us, before they force us to serve them.
But anyway I just think it's weird to say "I'm not just a paladin, but I'm such a snow flake I call myself something else instead because I'm better than other paladins and I want my own armor set ect ect"

Well, as far as I know, only Dwarves and Humans have Paladins that are called "Paladins". According to in-game stuff, that is. For Belves it's "Blood Knight" (and I think that name was introduced before DKs with their "Blood" spec were introduced), Tauren have their "Sunwalkers", and the Draenei ... well, they've something else, too, I just don't remember it at the moment.

The only reason why Belves originally got Paladins is that, way back before TBC, Paladins were Alliance-only class, and Shaman were Horde-only. Now, these are two different classes, doing different things, and so balancing them became a migraine. Apparently. To even things out, then, between the factions, Blizz eventually decided to give Paladins to the Horde, and Shaman to the Alliance (at that time, only Draenei could be Shaman; Dwarf Shaman came along in Cata).

And then there was this whole hullo about how the Belf "Paladins" were different from the Alliance ones; as I wasn't around at the time, I might be mis-remembering stuff. But it went like this (feel free to correct if I'm mistaken):

After Arthas invaded, corrupted the Sunwell, and everything went downhill for the High Elves, they got a bit goth and emo and re-named themselves "Blood Elves", and turned away from The Light. There were some withdrawal symptoms from losing the Sunwell, they started sucking on the Fel that made their eyes green, but eventually, they got a hold of a Naaru (those windchimes the Draenei love so) and figured a way to get power out of it.

And, since they weren't directly channeling The Light like normal Paladins, they got to call themselves something else; and since they were the champions and defenders of their people (this was before Belves got Warriors) - in other words, the knights of their people - they got to be called "Blood Knights".

As for OP's suggestion: Yes. I'd even like it to (eventually) go a step further, so that various classes of the different races get their own kind of heritage armour. When it makes sense, of course; I don't see a reason why e.g. Human and Dwarf Paladins (and Priests, maybe) shouldn't get the same set.