Xot - How PVP Scaling REALLY works

Arenas
1 2 3 5 Next
Hey Guys,

I'm the priest who's armoury has been making the rounds "Xot", due to the green gear i've had equipped, so hoped i could make this thread to shed some light on the math behind this gear and why i'm using it.

Update: No i have not been reset https://gyazo.com/73336032ab31c41108e80708ff5d0b8b

First of all your goal is to aim for exactly 301 item level, as this is the sweet spot between the 300-400 ilevel scaling implemented by blizzard, having exactly 301 item level allows you to gain the full benefit of the scaling, How this works is that for every 1 point of stat you gain it's multiplied by 9 giving you 9 versa for every 1 point used sockets also work in this way, meaning for every 1 socket you gain 360 versa.

I choose to do this with versa because as a shadow i am inherently tanky and with edge of insanity providing 20% damage reduction, on top of my 10% from shadow form, i was able to get up to 70% versa on top of that, meaning now i have:

70% + 20% +10% = 100%.

Which if you do the math results in a 100% damage reduction, so basically i could ignore all damage by the enemy team resulting in me almost having god mode.

But why the crit xot? well, as everybody knows if your spells crit the enemy will infact die, critical strikes deal 150% more damage, and when i have upwards of 80% critical strike they will most certainly always die.

Although this might seem weak due to the poor stat allocation for shadow priest i am in turn able to gain increased benefit from my flat damage increase azerite traits still being 385 each providing a 3k increase to my Shadow Word: Pain for each item which i have 3 of so

3k + 3k + 3k = 9k

extra damage on top of my pain which already hits for 2030,

This means that my shadow word: pain actually now hits for 11,030 per tick, resulting in some insane damage.

Then why the agility dagger? you might be thinking, well not only do secondary stats scale up your primary stats also do, so the small amount of agility provided by my dagger when scaled up gives me 60% dodge chance, combined with my 1% from being a night elf it helps in creating this almost terminator esque gameplay, where i am a unkillable and have a 61% chance to dodge all form of crowd control including stuns and other forms of spells

Also due to how scaling works despite me having 100k health i take increased healing, when playing with a shaman his earth shield is healing me for 20% of my life per tick, and a single healing surge will top me.

So on top of taking 0 damage and dealing insane damage i'm also able to be healed to full in one single heal.

Actually, the entirety of what i just said is completely made up, i noticed i was high in every bracket so wanted to log out in the worst gear possible i could find to see how many people would actually fall for such a stupid idea, Yes i've tried it i queued one single game of 2v2 and no it isn't better infact it's completely useless when compared to normal gear with the correct stat allocation. However there is such thing as scaling, but it's not to the extent you think, just wear whatever gear you have with the best stats and highest item level. (although sockets are still worth a lot and azerite gear does benefit from lower item level, but it's not worth it at the cost of secondaries and int)

You can check games played in NORMAL gear on stream www.twitch.tv/xottv

TLDR: Decided to log off in green gear to see how many people would be silly enough to think i actually play in this gear. Results were overwhelming, there is no secret behind scaling just wear your best gear and don't blindly follow things you see as who knows, they might just be trolling!
Very enlightening stuff Xot, thanks for shedding some light on the current wow situation
the last two paragraphs are a bait and meant to throw us off to avoid nerfs

he really gets all these benefits from equipping that gear

source: actually met him in arena, he took literally 1k-2k dmg from my abilities

the scaling also causes weird interactions with Void Shield talent, allowing it to heal much more than intended for some reason
It's early in the morning, but I think it's the perfect time to prepare some popcorn. I have a feeling I might be in the mood for some later today.
Could u give us a paint drawing to clarify your point

Edit: Also since Asmongold will probably react to this post because he always steals content rate my transmog please
Legend :)
Swifty used the gear scale method . In Bgs he was top in damage. And he was wining wining vs geared players. Thank you blizzard for throwing away all the feedbacks in the beta. Thanks for not listening to the players that played beta and posted the bugs. You are the best ,literally the GOAT.
W OMEGALUL W
19/10/2018 05:57Posted by Edgelordqt
W OMEGALUL W

keep that cringe !@#$ out of here

19/10/2018 04:42Posted by Div
the last two paragraphs are a bait and meant to throw us off to avoid nerfs
void shift is super !@#$ed depending on your ilvl and your targets ilvl. You being low ilvl and target being higher makes them have more hp after the initial swap i know that for sure.

im just waiting for anboni to test so someone can stream this retarded system
19/10/2018 07:08Posted by Zeynaa
void shift is super !@#$ed depending on your ilvl and your targets ilvl. You being low ilvl and target being higher makes them have more hp after the initial swap i know that for sure.

im just waiting for anboni to test so someone can stream this retarded system


Actually at low gear levels it can bug and ignore the 25% min, geared a SP alt recently and the amount of times my life swap made someone have 1hp or a few k so they died from 1 dot tick was infuriating
It was so obvious he was trolling xd
Does it work with Legion green items? Or only BFA greens?
19/10/2018 08:56Posted by Sárádá
Does it work with Legion green items? Or only BFA greens?


did you even read the whole thing
reddit btfo
19/10/2018 09:12Posted by Norger
19/10/2018 08:56Posted by Sárádá
Does it work with Legion green items? Or only BFA greens?


did you even read the whole thing
I did. He didn't whether legion greens are affected by scaling or not.
+1 for the use of whie quallity lvl 10 gear.

Join the Conversation

Return to Forum