Xot - How PVP Scaling REALLY works

Arenas
Prev 1 3 4 5 Next
19/10/2018 04:42Posted by Div
source: actually met him in arena, he took literally 1k-2k dmg from my abilities

Weird since u don't have any arena rating in any bracket lel.
19/10/2018 14:41Posted by Mutzen
19/10/2018 04:42Posted by Div
source: actually met him in arena, he took literally 1k-2k dmg from my abilities

Weird since u don't have any arena rating in any bracket lel.

yet somehow he magically got gladiator gear.
Hey Xot man only half of your versatility value is damage reduction lol no brainer!!
If this was a joke then why has Cdew tweeted out about it being a problem in his games.....
19/10/2018 13:12Posted by Calek
19/10/2018 11:08Posted by Dalapie
that he got his 3s rating removed didnt do anything, he still has his 2s rating + the worst part about this is his statistic will forever say 3k and 2.9 so he will advertise towards alot of ppl that he is 2.9 in 2s and nearly 3.1 in 3s for abusing a system.. he should have his statistics and 2s removed as well, no1 is 2.9 in 2s.. its just a big abuse..

sure he didnt get rank 1 now cuz of the ban for the rest of the season but still... he should not have any rating or statistic from this season ever

true orc warrior brain irl there m8

Better have orc brain over having nothing. Your brain is rot since you are undead. Its just a stinky mess in your head. Let the thinking to us the living people.
19/10/2018 15:32Posted by Sharpfocusx
If this was a joke then why has Cdew tweeted out about it being a problem in his games.....

Probly because all are trolling and there is no truth behind it.
He have to destroy all his gear because blizz fixed void storage thingy. So idk but 99% of people dont take that risk.

Still dumb ofc
Naturally, Xot doesn't want any competition, so...
Y'all toxic
I NEED TO KNOW THE TRUTH!
met xot and spike hit for 500 can confirm
19/10/2018 11:44Posted by Zeynaa
19/10/2018 11:08Posted by Dalapie
that he got his 3s rating removed didnt do anything, he still has his 2s rating + the worst part about this is his statistic will forever say 3k and 2.9 so he will advertise towards alot of ppl that he is 2.9 in 2s and nearly 3.1 in 3s for abusing a system.. he should have his statistics and 2s removed as well, no1 is 2.9 in 2s.. its just a big abuse..

sure he didnt get rank 1 now cuz of the ban for the rest of the season but still... he should not have any rating or statistic from this season ever

Imagine being this much of an orc male warrior player. Xot has been 3k since entirety of legion. His rating isnt due to the bug.

However this doesnt justify the retarded scaling system. Idk if he trolled entire community with the green gear or if hes trying to troll further with claiming scaling is useless. We will see when someone tries to replicate what he did and actually posts info.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhyXtAKvJhc

Damage is percentage based and dependant on healthpools. Damage that deals 2% will always deal 2%. Secondary stats however matters so gearing up should pay off. One shotting newbies shouldn't be a thing, but getting better should still pay off.

For healers it's a different story though, can't get one shot but healing someone up will be more cumbersome (I think, I sort of stopped listening at that point).

Why blizzard isn't upfront of these things, I don't know.
21/10/2018 03:37Posted by Cróws
Damage is percentage based and dependant on healthpools. Damage that deals 2% will always deal 2%

When i tested (yesterday), it seemed that it depends on ilvl, not healthpool :
-hit someone, ask him how much damage he took
-tell him to remove one trinket (-ilvl, hp is the same)
-hit him again, ask him how much damage he took
-try again with other trinket if you want to go further

He'll take less damage (with with pw : solace : 4800 => 4600) with the same healthpool (removing trinket is an ehp increase lol).
Also, decreasing my ilvl increased battlefield precision damage on his screen while he kept the same gear (so %hp damage wasn't the same).
19/10/2018 05:34Posted by Káppàdogx
Kappa.

Dog.
lit stuff after so many years of experience in development they still manage to come up with things like that.
Warlocks and Dks missing out on the whole first season btw thanks for that, too. Listen to beta feedback next expansion or at least play the classes you design once by yourself.
19/10/2018 15:43Posted by Orceater
Probly because all are trolling and there is no truth behind it.
Please just stop talking, if you have no clue what you are talking about.

Only because you are allowed to have an opinion, doesn't automaticly mean you should have one.

The unintended scaling has been confirmed since beta. They have done a few changes so far, but if you have green gear with slots and best stats it's still better than the item you have equipped.

Only exception are the azerite items (since the effect on it is insanely scaling with the IL) and items that are giving you static buffs (trinkets).
Greatest bait in the history of the game
it is kinda a deal-breaker that when you are 375 and some people with 80k HP one-shots you in arena...Why am I even paying for this game? then pvp rewards should be 290 ilvl non-azerite slots because low level items with sockets are like 20k in my server because of this senseless scaling. it should be hot fixed ASAP