LFR/LFG we don't know other players anymore!

General
I just had a thought about the dungeon and raiding matching players from different realms. We did very often recognize other player or guilds then we joined a random five man dungeon before cross-realm was introduced. That made people more careful of what they did and behaved sins no one wanted a bad name on the server they played on.

How does this work today? I would say that I most of the times never see any players from my own realm or cross-realm in the dungeons. Wouldn't it make more sense if the tool tried to find players from the same server before filling up from others? In that way, we might get back a bit of recognizing other players and it might even lead to that people start to be more social and behave in the groups.

Before cross-realm was introduced you could actually be guild recruited in a dungeon sins the other players were from the same place. My feeling is that most players would not put time into being social or nice to other sins they will in most case never meet the ones they are playing with again. We can't even help players with some gold or trade bandages, potions and elixirs sins we are not on the same server anymore.

Adding people from other realms should be a "rescue" feature if there are not enough people in the queue for one realm in my opinion.

Any thoughts on this subject?
LF and cross realm butchered social aspect of the game

could've been done 10 times better.
There is a choice, if you have some knowledge in languages, to join the German, French, Italian or Spanish server clusters. Smaller and you more often see people from your own server. I think RP servers are more often joined as well.
Bring back guild perks to force me into socializing~
21/10/2018 14:23Posted by Xalvadora
Wouldn't it make more sense if the tool tried to find players from the same server before filling up from others?

Expect much bigger queue times if that happens.

Even with people of your own realm, I doubt any socialization would even happen. You do your dungeon run and that's it.

There are way better places to socialize than in the LFG tool.
21/10/2018 15:08Posted by Ponytaîl
21/10/2018 14:23Posted by Xalvadora
Wouldn't it make more sense if the tool tried to find players from the same server before filling up from others?

Expect much bigger queue times if that happens.

Even with people of your own realm, I doubt any socialization would even happen. You do your dungeon run and that's it.

There are way better places to socialize than in the LFG tool.

Socializing in LFG tool?

I really, really hope that was sarcasm.
there really isn't much of the player base who actively look to be social in wow anyway ... most people just find a group of friends and stick with them .. they dont actively look to add more friends ..

the thread should be called ..

LFR/LFG is why wow is still alive in 2018.
This is what guilds are for so you don't have to pug

A lot of players those days in pugs are very toxic and only cares for their own interest and goals witch contradicts the very purpose of playing an mmo where you are supposed to reach a goal together
21/10/2018 15:17Posted by Darthtoon
there really isn't much of the player base who actively look to be social in wow anyway ... most people just find a group of friends and stick with them .. they dont actively look to add more friends ..

Well i disagree from my experience. For example i do Transmog Events, and i've never said i do this to get friends or friend up with my current friends. I do it because it brings back social interaction.
21/10/2018 15:19Posted by Izzyfuriouss
21/10/2018 15:17Posted by Darthtoon

Well i disagree from my experience. For example i do Transmog Events, and i've never said i do this to get friends or friend up with my current friends. I do it because it brings back social interaction.

you do not speak for most of the playerbase unfortunately you are one of the few people who still do it for social aspects.. but realistically hardly anyone does these kind of things only join them if someone starts it.

if no one started it there would be no social activity in wow .

those looking to start social events are far outweighed by those just looking to play the game to get loots.
21/10/2018 15:22Posted by Darthtoon

you do not speak for most of the playerbase unfortunately you are one of the few people who still do it for social aspects.. but realistically hardly anyone does these kind of things only join them if someone starts it.

those looking to start social events are far outweighed by those just looking to play the game to get loots.

I know, i was just pointing out my experience as an example.
That "social" aspect of the game everyone is talking about, was only about guilds since the beginning.
You might have few friends here and there but it was only about guilds.

Toxic pugs with randoms? Boom vanilla.
Elitists asking for full T38 to allow you into molten core? Boom vanilla.
People not caring about your loot, your gameplay, your day? Boom vanilla.

Want to have fun with people, get into raids without being top dps, help with quests, premade pvp groups, share your thoughts about the game, curse the rng gods, tell everyone how crappy was your day, get new friends for outside, get married? Boom vanil... I mean BOOM. JOIN. THE. GUILD.
Please force people to socialize with me :'(

If people wanted to then they would join a guild.

I disagree if the game was all about socializing in today's era, then LFD and LFR would not matter, as everyone would not have the need to use these tools and would simply make their own group.

Most people are either on discord or some other type of messenger. People simply do not want to talk to others at all. This is why they immediately leave groups after doing a WQ that requires a group. Same with battlegrounds and any other group content nowadays.

If you want to socialize then find a guild that is very active in that area or bring your own group of friends in world.
21/10/2018 16:19Posted by Jurgenhan
This is why they immediately leave groups after doing a WQ that requires a group.
Wrong example, people pick and choose their WQ. So doing 1 is leave afterwards. What do you want? Drag me along to WQ I don't need, want or already did? So WQ groups fall apart the second it's completed.
So bad even Ghostcrawler himself thinks it was awful idea and his biggest regret was LFD and later the LFR.
21/10/2018 17:35Posted by Dunhilda
So bad even Ghostcrawler himself thinks it was awful idea and his biggest regret was LFD and later the LFR.
Well to be honest LFD part worked aslong as you were grouped with people from your own server, now cluster. The moment that ebcame game wide... Yup gone were the conversations and you were simply told to shut up or be be kicked if you started the run with: "good evening all!". If people did this pre-game wide you eventually got a bad rep. "You mean John-Runetotem? Yeah what a **** all he does is badmouth others, command them as slaves and silencing them! Let's all just ignore him as a realm."
21/10/2018 15:28Posted by Izzyfuriouss

i fully respect that and your push for a more social game btw , im not trying to argue :)
21/10/2018 17:47Posted by Darthtoon
21/10/2018 15:28Posted by Izzyfuriouss

i fully respect that and your push for a more social game btw , im not trying to argue :)

Thanks :) i wasn't thinking you was trying to argue with me either. I just reply with a more clear and direct tone than others.
21/10/2018 16:19Posted by Jurgenhan

I disagree if the game was all about socializing in today's era, then LFD and LFR would not matter, as everyone would not have the need to use these tools and would simply make their own group.

Most people are either on discord or some other type of messenger. People simply do not want to talk to others at all. This is why they immediately leave groups after doing a WQ that requires a group. Same with battlegrounds and any other group content nowadays.

If you want to socialize then find a guild that is very active in that area or bring your own group of friends in world.

Thats your experience. I haven't had this experience ever outside Guilds.