BG queue time Horde issue

General
As this expansion is about Horde vs Alliance I like to pvp a lot.
I like to do BG'S but queue times are so long at the Horde side.
Sometimes I have to wait for 15 to 18 minutes.
When I queue as Alliance mercenary it is 2min or less.
When will this problem be solved? It is about Alliance vs Horde, Allied races etc. So I do not want to be a mercenary. I want to play my maghar in pvp BG.
It feels so unfair that Alliance can queue almost instantly and Horde players need to wait a very long time.

Anyone else having problems with this or knows about a upcoming fix?
The problem is that there are simply more Horde queueing than Alliance.

They did provide a workaround for it in the form of Mercenary Mode, which you mentioned. Tbh there isn't much else they can do except provide additional incentives for Alliance to queue (which would piss Horde players off) or address the growing faction imbalance.
26/10/2018 09:01Posted by Darmac
I want to play my maghar in pvp BG.

when most players want to play horde how do you expect this to be fixed? you aren't being reasonable
26/10/2018 09:10Posted by Hthonia
26/10/2018 09:01Posted by Darmac
I want to play my maghar in pvp BG.

when most players want to play horde how do you expect this to be fixed? you aren't being reasonable

I am. This expansion is about choosing your side. I'm pro Horde since 2006.
I feel related to my Maghar orc. So they should find a solution to this.
To he honest I find your answer not reasonable.
Could you explain me then what this expansion is about if it isn't about Horde Vs Alliance?

The Horde gives me a good feeling and the Alliance doesn't. I don't like being forced to play with gnomes to get faster queues. That's not reasonable at all.
26/10/2018 09:26Posted by Darmac

Could you explain me then what this expansion is about if it isn't about Horde Vs Alliance?

The Horde gives me a good feeling and the Alliance doesn't. I don't like being forced to play with gnomes to get faster queues. That's not reasonable at all.

you aren't being forced to play alliance
wait 6 to 12 minutes and play horde
unless if you are asking for them to force people to a faction change i don't see how this can be fixed?
even if they offer free faction change i won't do it, i like my cows

it's exactly like waiting for tanks, i don't want to wait for tanks, but people won't play them as much as dps classes no matter how brain dead or hard they make the classes
so i'll just go and blame blizzard for the human factor? reasonable yes!
@Op , how can they fix this issue ?
There are 65% horde 35% alliance on some battlegroups ?

I understand your reasoning and also love mag'har orcs too. But think about it what can they do to address your issue? Pvp means you play against real people. Real people have free will. How can Blizzard force Alliance players to queue for pvp more, or force more players to play as Alliance? I mean you are asking for impossible. You play the more popular faction so you will wait more. Unless you are asking Blizzard to prioritize "you" in queues for the sole reason of being "you"?

That's a story theme. That doesn't really correspond to a promise of short queue times for PvP Battlegrounds.

Queue times are long because the faction imbalance continues to get worse as The Horde grows in popularity.

Blizzard attempts to lessen the negative impact on Battleground queue times by increasing Honor for Alliance players, and by offering the use of the Mercenary system for Horde players.
they definitely need to make a qol change tho and not make us go to dalaran to queue as mercenary, this should be in the queue window not "go talk to npc" like if it's 2004
26/10/2018 09:44Posted by Hthonia
they definitely need to make a qol change tho and not make us go to dalaran to queue as mercenary, this should be in the queue window not "go talk to npc" like if it's 2004

You shouldn't have to go to Dalaran. No idea where the Alliance mercenary NPC is for BfA but there's a horde one in the Magumbala or w/e it's called (dueler's guild area) by the northeastern stairs.
as someone who now only enjoys (i use that word lightly) transmog collection and battlegrounds (rated and non rated), i think we just have to live with long wait queues as horde. believe me, i would rather have 2 minute queues as well!

but as people have said, there are just not enough alliance players at the mo for fast horde queues. and horde players will be unhappy if allys are given further perks to encourage participation in pvp. its already quite unfair of the FIFTY % honor bonus to play as ally. especially for any hordes trying to get up the honor rankings.

also as well as the QoL mentioned above about being able to choose mercenary anywhere, not just in 2 places, it might be an idea to let people use their natural racials. for some people, their racial is part of their toolkit and it completely confuses you if you have to use a new one, and it isn't automatically on your actionbars like your horde racial was.
I'm very rubbish at PvP but I do enjoy it and so for me I'll go merc just to do some randoms. Also some of the guys from Alliance who I've been teamed up with have been really nice and oddly enough havent left me to duke it out with <insert class> but have actually defended their healer. So for me, having to go incognito has been an interesting experience.

Edit: Not that all Horde teams leave their healers hanging either, just that I've noticed it less on the Alliance side.

Edit2: Balls, sounds like I'm major whinging now - apologies
there is a super easy solution to this, just make random bgs work as rated does, where you can be horde vs horde, and alliance vs alliance, or horde vs alliance, that should fix lot of issues, and probably annoy some players who thinks it is wrong horde fights horde etc..., but for me pvp specialy bgs should not be about lore what so ever.
Thanks for the responses.
I think the key might be racials or better Allied races at the Alliance side.
There are reasons why more people play Horde so there is a fix possible.

I understand the situation but it just feels not oke. If I queue now I'll be a dark iron dwarf while I hate being a small gnome or dwarf xD
It sounds very negative but I do love this game. Just wished is was more balanced out one way or another.

PS: about allied races. I'm pretty sure the Horde has the better ones overall. Which is another loss for the Alliance.
Alliance is waiting for you.
I understand your problem, but things take time to fix.
It's not like they can fix the problems and next week your queues are faster.

In vanilla it was the exact opposite.
Horde had short queues and Alliance long ones.
Everyone wanted to play the pretty side.

The problem was slowly fixed trough TBC expansion.
Horde got a pretty race and we had arenas, which didn't require factions to play.

Part of the problems is the racials.
But another part of the problems, from what I have been reading, on the forums, is the top raiding guilds have moved to Horde.
This has been complained by Alliance players several times.
Now correct me if I am wrong but Method guild is Horde.
I think it's like a domino effect.

Method goes Horde, top raid guilds goes Horde as well, PvP racials are better on Horde, which than affect arenas.
The result is better geared players on Horde side, means more defeats to the Alliance, resulting in a more frustrating PvP experience, which than result in less Alliance players queuing and longer queues for the Horde players.

Another side effect is war mode, more Horde players, less Alliance players.

My opinion is one of the things Blizzard underestimated, or didn't predicted was the faction balance.
Which is a crucial, element in a faction war themed expansion.

Maybe next expansion, things will be addressed. Now it's a bit late I believe.

Just my opinion.
Thanks for your attention.
Cheers.
26/10/2018 10:38Posted by Aster
I understand your problem, but things take time to fix.
It's not like they can fix the problems and next week your queues are faster.

In vanilla it was the exact opposite.
Horde had short queues and Alliance long ones.
Everyone wanted to play the pretty side.

The problem was slowly fixed trough TBC expansion.
Horde got a pretty race and we had arenas, which didn't require factions to play.

Part of the problems is the racials.
But another part of the problems, from what I have been reading, on the forums, is the top raiding guilds have moved to Horde.
This has been complained by Alliance players several times.
Now correct me if I am wrong but Method guild is Horde.
I think it's like a domino effect.

Method goes Horde, top raid guilds goes Horde as well, PvP racials are better on Horde, which than affect arenas.
The result is better geared players on Horde side, means more defeats to the Alliance, resulting in a more frustrating PvP experience, which than result in less Alliance players queuing and longer queues for the Horde players.

Another side effect is war mode, more Horde players, less Alliance players.

My opinion is one of the things Blizzard underestimated, or didn't predicted was the faction balance.
Which is a crucial, element in a faction war themed expansion.

Maybe next expansion, things will be addressed. Now it's a bit late I believe.

Just my opinion.
Thanks for your attention.
Cheers.

You are not wrong i opt out of WM cause i want to level in peace and i dont do pvp at all cause faction imbalance and i suck at pvp and Alliance isnt friendly enough to teach you or help you out while on Horde i had the most luck we won alot plus people explained to me some basic and some advanced tactics,
why cant Alliance do that i wonder egoism much?.
there where also some Mythic guilds who literaly when to horde due to the warfront opening for horde first, just to get a head start in gear.
there is a super easy solution to this, just make random bgs work as rated does, where you can be horde vs horde, and alliance vs alliance, or horde vs alliance, that should fix lot of issues, and probably annoy some players who thinks it is wrong horde fights horde etc..., but for me pvp specialy bgs should not be about lore what so ever.
But mercenaries? what is it if not that? :p
Just queue as a mercenary, problem solved.