Horde be like

Story
"Sure Vol'jin, I will help you dethrone Garrosh. You want to bring in the Alliance to aid you? Sure, go ahead. After all, we have a common enemy who threatens the whole of Azeroth."

A few years pass.

"Saurfang was let go by the Alliance and might be planning to dethrone the Warchief who has betrayed us over and over, while having never been shown to be taking orders from the Alliance? TRAITOR! EXECUTE HIM!!!!!!"
Almost all Alliance players be like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKdn4tV4kzc
Do we really need a new topic of the same topic after the cinematic...

We are already swimming and drowning in those...

Keep it to a minimum so other "non-cinematic" topic can be seen
*incest Didn't read cos Human Paladin olololol here.
I think that they don't hate Saurfang as much as they hate Anduin. If it was Varian in that cinematic instead of Anduin, they would probably be saying "I proudly stand with Varian and Saurfang! They are honorable and grizzled warriors, they are much better than that conniving and cowardly Banshee!"

Anduin is a great character, and I am joyful that he will stick with us for quite a while. But he has a somewhat bad stigma attached to his character amongst the casual lore fans because he has always lived in the shadows of greater men (including his own father) for most of World of Warcraft. He has yet to prove himself as a man, and as a King.
Am gonna reserve my opinion until the !@#$storm calms down.
02/11/2018 19:32Posted by Osirenne
"Sure Vol'jin, I will help you dethrone Garrosh. You want to bring in the Alliance to aid you? Sure, go ahead. After all, we have a common enemy who threatens the whole of Azeroth."

A few years pass.

"Saurfang was let go by the Alliance and might be planning to dethrone the Warchief who has betrayed us over and over, while having never been shown to be taking orders from the Alliance? TRAITOR! EXECUTE HIM!!!!!!"

Vol'jin joined forces with the Alliance after Garrosh turned on his people and tried to kill him multiple times. There was already a rebellion at this point, and Vol'jin started it all by himself, without Alliance help. Saurfang is literally told what to do by the High King. Yes, he is a collaborateur.
02/11/2018 19:48Posted by Ashval
Saurfang is literally told what to do by the High King

He was never told to do anything. Anduin opened the door for him and let him do as he pleased.

The mental gymnastics the Horde has to perform...
"Sure Vol'jin, I will help you dethrone Garrosh.

They never gave me a choice.
Why do you think any Horde member liked to see the downfall of Garrosh from Cata into his MoP version.
02/11/2018 19:36Posted by Araphant
Am gonna reserve my opinion until the !@#$storm calms down.

Well, guess I'll set my alarm for june 2019 then ;)
Vol'Jin was forming rebellion on his own, he united entire Horde which was about to disband under Garrosh.

It wasn't Vol'Jin's idea to side with Alliance(but Baine's), in fact he wanted to avoid it, this is how much he disliked them.
He even preferred for Divine bell to be in Horde's possesion rather than Alliance after assasination attempt.

This shows that he was Loyal to Horde but not to Garrosh.
Vol'Jin made a truce (pact of non agression) in order to take down Icescream, he had to be taken down at that moment, because if he would unleash powers of the fallen Old God things might have got dire.

It's completely different situation that it is with Saurfang now.

02/11/2018 19:59Posted by Raljin
"Sure Vol'jin, I will help you dethrone Garrosh.

They never gave me a choice.
Why do you think any Horde member liked to see the downfall of Garrosh from Cata into his MoP version.

You choice would doom the Horde, congratulations.
02/11/2018 20:05Posted by Zakkaru

The Horde is doomed right now no matter what.

I cant even call this monstrosity of a faction Horde anymore, we either become Forsaken in the end or the red Alliance, blizzard doomed us when they thought to turn Garrosh into a villian was a good plot for the future.
In the case of Vol'jin, he was betrayed by a Warchief that tried to kill and decided to try and overthrow that Warchief. In order to do that, he decided to work with the Alliance to achieve his goal. He was his own man that made his own decisions all along.

In the case of Saurfang, he fought for his Warchief and was imprisoned after fighting for his Warchief. He decides to fight against his Warchief, without her acting against him previously, at the behest of the Alliance that he was imprisoned by. It wasn't a decision of his own; he was turned.

They're rather different situations.
Just for the record: I hated/hate Vol'jin and was happy when that Felguard gutted him.

I couldn't take him seriously since he begged like a kicked dog when the Alliance called his bluff.
And Alliance be like; 'Trololololol - untill the next datamine that could imply some bad Alliance development'

Ahh, in the end, this is what the storyforums are.
Well, we got a bad storyline in Cata and MoP.

You get one "semi-bad" storyline about Saurfang working with the Alliance and the whole Horde gets off without an reprisals for burning Teldrassil, invading Ashenvale for the Third time and raising the death into undeath again.

Seriously, why do you even complain? Its just a get out of jail free card for the evil faction again. ;)
Garrosh wasnt dark and edgy and he didnt have boobs
02/11/2018 20:20Posted by Raljin
02/11/2018 20:05Posted by Zakkaru

The Horde is doomed right now no matter what.

I cant even call this monstrosity of a faction Horde anymore, we either become Forsaken in the end or the red Alliance, blizzard doomed us when they thought to turn Garrosh into a villian was a good plot for the future.

Garrosh was villanous since WotLK. Thrall was good Warchief before he became Go'el. Now that WC3 will be remastered people could finally get a reminder how cool he was.

I'm sure we would have reasonable war with Vol'Jin. Because he actually was resourceful and pragmatic, he planned ahead hated humans and Alliance but not to the point it blinded him like it did to Garrosh.

But I can still understand you. This is why I embrace the troll heritage now, the only thing left worth fighting for.
02/11/2018 21:17Posted by Aeula
Just for the record: I hated/hate Vol'jin and was happy when that Felguard gutted him.

I couldn't take him seriously since he begged like a kicked dog when the Alliance called his bluff.

Blame Kosak that he added it instead of removing stupid question to begin with.

And tbh I respect much more a leader that can swallow his pride for the good of his faction than for the sake of hurted pride damn everyone.

This is why I was happy to see Garrosh die, he was never worthy to be Horde leader.