The BEST of BizzCon 2018 was...

General
... the Voices of War: Horde vs. Alliance!

Literally, sent chills down my spine!
Andrea Toyias every year puts together such an amazing panel, every year this is always to most emotional and trilling, the top of all stages!

Thanks for all your amazing work!

What was it for you?
the 3 seconds of blurry Genn in the cinematic UwU
Old lady voice actress saying "a turtle made it to the water".
I didn't watch but can someone confirm Rokhan's voice actor was there? I'm a huge fan already.
Honestly, hearing all the stuff yet to come to WoW.

8.2 seems to be a massive patch.
04/11/2018 15:41Posted by Zakkaru
I didn't watch but can someone confirm Rokhan's voice actor was there? I'm a huge fan already.

Yes! Anyway, it's a superfun bit to watch. They all are doing so well...!

But the face of the old lady before saying "a turtle made it to the water" just made my day. Absolutely adorable.
the Best
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3CvVuhJI8o
Rich and beautiful. Without a doubt the best part so far. These guys are talented, intelligent, authentic, funny. It was a pleasure to watch from the first minute to the last.

EDIT: Talking about Voices of War: Horde vs. Alliance
Best of Blizzcon for me was the announcements about Classic, WC3 remastered, and the fact that a non-Korean player won the SC2 world championship for the first time ever.
Red Shirt 2.0 guy asking about Diablo immortal being an April fools joke.

Didn't watch the VA panel,watched one last year,was horrible,felt like the host just took up the entire panel and kept reminding us how beautiful,gorgeus,powerful and sassy the actors were,it took like 50 minutes for actors to do their lines...lame.
04/11/2018 15:53Posted by Redoctober
Best of Blizzcon for me was the announcements about Classic, WC3 remastered, and the fact that a non-Korean player won the SC2 world championship for the first time ever.

Which means that sc2 is more dead than ever... jk

Jokes aside, would love to watch voices of war. If anyone can provide it i would be much appreciated.

Best moment, at least from what i could watch, was the announcement of classic in summer and the fact that will be included in retail sub.
the best part is metzen showing up, everything else has been meh
04/11/2018 15:46Posted by Vunde
04/11/2018 15:41Posted by Zakkaru

Yes! Anyway, it's a superfun bit to watch. They all are doing so well...!

But the face of the old lady before saying "a turtle made it to the water" just made my day. Absolutely adorable.

omg found it! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4s79hGWKjNk

Rokhan is a black horse here to me, I totally didn't not expect for him to become such a great character suddenly. His voice actor is absolutely terrific.

Bwonsamdi is also absolutely flawless.
That panel was fantastic, I loved the small dialogue between Laura Bailey (Jaina) and Indira Varma (Katherine). The Proudmoore Family storyline has definitely been my favourite one in the expansion, these characters have great chemistry. I adore how Jaina's parents are both voiced by Game of Thrones actors. Her mother Katherine is voiced by Indira Varma who plays Ellaria Sand and Daelin Proudmoore is voiced by Mark Addy who plays Robert Baratheon. Perfect.

Oh, by the way, I also loved when Laura performed Daughter of the Sea. Just Kul Tiran characters in general are perfect.
The best part in my opinion was when Chris Metzen showed up.
04/11/2018 12:42Posted by Zircon
... the Voices of War: Horde vs. Alliance!

Literally, sent chills down my spine!
Andrea Toyias every year puts together such an amazing panel, every year this is always to most emotional and trilling, the top of all stages!

Thanks for all your amazing work!

What was it for you?

I love her panels but this year it was something really special. Good on her for taking the risk and doing that.

I also fan-girled when I saw Chris Metzen. He is a legend -sorry, not sorry.
04/11/2018 17:33Posted by Cáelá

Not really though. Serral, the Finnish player that managed to win, is just that much head and shoulders above the other non-Korean region players, he simply is on another level tbh. I'm not even a zerg fan, and I wasn't rooting for him at all, but trust me when I say it's not that the level of Koreans went down, it really was a much deserved victory by him.
"A turtle made it to the water!" got a better response than the diablo announcement.
Lets see.

New Worgen & Goblin Model updates.
Terror of Darkshore.
Mechagnomes & Mechagon.
Azshara Raid which might lead to Naga Race.

Hearthstone had a AMAZING trailer.

Heroes of the Storm gets a nice cool new hero to its roster which also might mean we get the badass Raven Lord someday or even Blackbeard from the Pirate Ghost Map.

Warcraft 3 !@#$ing Reforged.

Yeah, this Blizzcon was terrible.

Right.
05/11/2018 20:11Posted by Redoctober
04/11/2018 17:33Posted by Cáelá

Not really though. Serral, the Finnish player that managed to win, is just that much head and shoulders above the other non-Korean region players, he simply is on another level tbh. I'm not even a zerg fan, and I wasn't rooting for him at all, but trust me when I say it's not that the level of Koreans went down, it really was a much deserved victory by him.

I think he's half right, SC2 is a dying game at least in Korea, with all the Kespa teams sans JAGW abandoning the title and the one-way regionlock shutting out all the Korean players from foreigner tournaments so there's little incentive for western orgs to pick them up. Slow death of the Korean scene through stagnation.

At least BW seems to be doing allright there since Blizzard isn't interested in choking that scene to death. Too bad my proficiency in that game is like 10% of what I have in SC2 so it's hard to get as invested in that scene. x)