RIP WoW?

General
Prev 1 6 7 8 24 Next
15/10/2018 14:45Posted by Duzurîx
15/10/2018 13:56Posted by Toiren
1,7M which 25% was secondary BFA purchase,so 25% of 1,7M are account on same battle.net?
So multiboxer,multiaccount or people using same battle.net?
Basically 50% of people subbed at start of BFA already unsubbed....

Ok Houdini. Can u please stop pulling stats out of your !@# to look smart please?......

O no, angry white knight. Just look as Vanilla will destroy what's left of Modern wow. Seems like those reviews on Metacritic are the majority.
15/10/2018 18:35Posted by Sabaóth
https://twitter.com/WeakAuras/status/1051876911998296066

Going to spam this so people see the whole picture not just the one Sinn linked .

Blizzard says it's false so it must be true, they're not telling what is is either. Do I need to remind you they were full of themselves up until that failure of a WOD. It's safe to assume that these numbers are indeed corrrect and they're ashamed. If they said yes it's true, the investors would go crazy.
15/10/2018 20:00Posted by Ouragan
15/10/2018 14:45Posted by Duzurîx

Ok Houdini. Can u please stop pulling stats out of your !@# to look smart please?......

O no, angry white knight. Just look as Vanilla will destroy what's left of Modern wow. Seems like those reviews on Metacritic are the majority.

You do realize if this was true and BFA was really dying, that they would probably cancel Classic and focus all resources on saving BFA?
15/10/2018 20:03Posted by Elaynne

You do realize if this was true and BFA was really dying, that they would probably cancel Classic and focus all resources on saving BFA?

Is BFA saveable though? I really don't think it is, they are too far down the rabbit hole.
15/10/2018 20:08Posted by Toohottodot
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Is BFA saveable though? I really don't think it is, they are too far down the rabbit hole.

Of course it is. Put more resources into it for more content, and more frequent content = more subs.

But WeakAuras already said that leak was false.
Oh no! Facts and insulting our game!

WHITE KNIGHTS! ATTACK!
<Retracted>

Uhh, no. Just like with Runescape, Classic will make Modern wow merrily a mobile joke. It will hunt the modern devs to no end, they are so far up themselves with this modern trash.
15/10/2018 20:16Posted by Ouragan

Uhh, no. Just like with Runescape, Classic will make Modern wow merrily a mobile joke. It will hunt the modern devs to no end, they are so far up themselves with this modern trash.

Uhh, yes. Runescape was always small game, always in decline. Even OSRS just make it small !@#$ty game larger than their new %^-*ty game. BFA makes tons of money. Legion made tons of money. Activision is now in charge, no more Blizzard CEO. This is obviously fake leak, but if BFA was really dying, Classic would be cancelled and all development and resources would be shifted to BFA for more content.
@Sinndor: 100% fake. Despite all the people who have quit, the activity levels in both US and EU today remain at a far higher level than they were during the lowest point within the past several years, in May 2016, at which point the most reliable estimates put the world wide subscription count at between 4,8 and 5,6 million. They are also higher than they were at any time during 2017 and 3rd highest for 2018 with only August (launch) and last month (very slightly) ahead.

As I have noted in numerous other threads... If the Chinese (& other Far East) market has not crashed, it is likely the world wide count still slightly exceeds 7 million. In addition, the available limited data suggest that the figures are starting to go flat, which means we are close to the base line that is to be expected to hold for the next several months, especially considering the launch of 8.1 will most likely happen within the next 31 to 45 days.

Given how previous expansions behaved, I fully expect WoW to have more than 5,6 million world wide subscriptions at the end of 2019, that is, more than a year from now.
15/10/2018 17:16Posted by Pelastus
<span class="truncated">...</span>
Dude, that's 8 years ago....

I'm impressed you've decided to waste your time for this long on something you consider to be a dead horse.

Yeah im addicted i admit, thanfully Classic is around corner.

and round about another 700 or so.

And you are an angry Black Knight.
15/10/2018 20:22Posted by Trelw
Given how previous expansions behaved, I fully expect WoW to have more than 5,6 million world wide subscriptions at the end of 2019, that is, more than a year from now.

Oh you and your careful analysis and reasoned approach. Why can't you just grab a pitchfork and torch like a normal person?

This is a witchhunt, start behaving appropriately!
100% fake. Despite all the people who have quit, the activity levels in both US and EU today remain at a far higher level than they were during the lowest point within the past several years, in May 2016, at which point the most reliable estimates put the world wide subscription count at between 4,8 and 5,6 million. They are also higher than they were at any time during 2017 and 3rd highest for 2018 with only August (launch) and last month (very slightly) ahead.

There are 2m max level chars on EU realms and 1.7m on NA realms, so where those higher than 4.8m subs and what they are playing?
@Bedezee: Possibly because I have been told over 40 years that I am not a normal person? ;):D Whether or not that is a good thing, history will judge after I am gone, hopefully a very long time from now... I expect to have about 36 more years, if I can avoid fatal illnesses and accidents.

Or perhaps I am the Not-so-wicked witch of the West? :D
15/10/2018 20:45Posted by Yinke
100% fake. Despite all the people who have quit, the activity levels in both US and EU today remain at a far higher level than they were during the lowest point within the past several years, in May 2016, at which point the most reliable estimates put the world wide subscription count at between 4,8 and 5,6 million. They are also higher than they were at any time during 2017 and 3rd highest for 2018 with only August (launch) and last month (very slightly) ahead.

There are 2m max level chars on EU realms and 1.7m on NA realms, so where those higher than 4.8m subs and what they are playing?

Do you not have to pay a sub if you haven't got a max level character? Wish I'd known that before I got 120, I thought you could only play until level 20 without a sub. Stupid me.
15/10/2018 20:45Posted by Yinke

HA! Don't you know that another 5m players are taking it slow? /s
15/10/2018 21:01Posted by Nefaryas

Do you not have to pay a sub if you haven't got a max level character? Wish I'd known that before I got 120, I thought you could only play until level 20 without a sub. Stupid me.

It is a fair assumption that the majority of those that bought the expansion on release have at least 1 level 120. Subs always drop after the expansion release spike but you will still have players dinging 120 over time.

At this point in the expansion level 120 characters are a good measure of activity. Not as accurate as actual sub numbers but Blizz want to keep those hidden. That won't be because they are rising otherwise they would be spouting the subs as PR if they were.
15/10/2018 21:07Posted by Dommina
15/10/2018 21:01Posted by Nefaryas

It is a fair assumption that the majority of those that bought the expansion on release have at least 1 level 120. Subs always drop after the expansion release spike but you will still have players dinging 120 over time.

At this point in the expansion level 120 characters are a good measure of activity. Not as accurate as actual sub numbers but Blizz want to keep those hidden. That won't be because they are rising otherwise they would be spouting the subs as PR if they were.

Yet by that standard you discount the amount of subs from people who didn't by bfa and therefore are level capped at 110, and before you naysay me I have spoken to a lot of people in game who didnt buy it for various reasons, after all it will be free soon enough. Also not everyone who bought bfa dinged 120 on launch, I only got it a couple of weeks back and I'm sure I wasn't the slowest to do it. Some may still be levelling allied races or even trying to unlock them still so no where near 120.
@Yinke: While there are a LOT of players on level 120, the level spread has altered since launch rush... Going back a few weeks, I reported many factions activity had 80, even 88+% of 120s. I checked a few of my notes and screenshots. As of today, there are factions where only about 63% are 120s. In other words, many people have finished unlocking their DIDs and Mag'har ocrs and are happily playing those. In one sample I just looked at, only about 42% of almost 500 Mag'har I have seen since Saturday afternoon had reached level 110 and that 42% was split about 41% for 120, 1% for 110 to 119, which means a majority of them are still levelling away. That was on a "High" server with a significant alliance bias.

My current .lua on Argent Dawn is tiny, the sample currently only has 72 Mag'har... but out of those, only 24 are 120 and an additional 9 at 110 to 119. Complete contrast to Nightborne... 99 on file, 84 are 120, 1 at 110 and 2 between 111 and 119.

All in all, as I have also noted in other threads, one can NOT ignore sub 120s. In fact, today their relative significance is higher than it was 6 weeks ago. And before anyone says: "Everyone has a 120...", no, that is not correct. I, for example, do not.
Trelw please research your data again eg follow the quarterly figures in the blizzard division and you may have a better understanding , on a few occasions you have posted this idea a few times but time and again you have been wrong. The information is open to the public on the share page and information can be got from research re quest on past results. This applies to your first reply on past performances.