RIP WoW?

General
Prev 1 8 9 10 24 Next
15/10/2018 23:03Posted by Trelw
@Juliuscesar: Regardless of what you believe, according to what other players have already posted, Blizzard has told WA the numbers are fake. So, you are wrong.

Tell me one good reason why they don't release the actual numbers then?

Just because they say it's fake does not mean it's actually fake. It's damage control.
@Ájszmen: Blizzard has not released figures for almost three years now. It is not likely they will change their minds. Also, this is not the first time they have tied things to long subscriptions.
Weak Auras
--
There could be another explanation for the drop in Weak Aura downloads.
It is a bloated and unnecessarily complicated solution to problems that newer & casual players simply don't have, so they don't use it.
There are several alternative addons that do the same thing either better or
more elegantly.
--
Possible?
15/10/2018 23:05Posted by Juliuscesar
15/10/2018 23:03Posted by Trelw
@Juliuscesar: Regardless of what you believe, according to what other players have already posted, Blizzard has told WA the numbers are fake. So, you are wrong.

Tell me 1 good reason why they don't release the actual numbers then?

Just because they say it's fake does not mean it's actually fake. It's damage control.

What good will it do?

If Blizzard releases the numbers this will happen:

- Low numbers: "We knew it all along, all you stupid white knights will have to eat your words now. And fire Ion by the way.

- High numbers: "Those are not the real numbers. It's PR to keep the shareholders happy. Stop lying to us Blizzard.
I despise BFA and blizzard's recent behaviour as much as the next guy but the numbers are obviously fake.All the expansion up to date had 8-10 million people on launch.And bfa is supposed to only had 3.2 ? Doesnt make sense.
@Juliuscesar: Please refer back to page 7. The fact is that activity on EU and US servers now is far higher than it was in May 2016. In other words, IF the 1,7 million was true, then there would be about 0 WoW players outside US and EU servers... and those 1,7 million players would play around 4 times as much as they did in 2015... In my case, that would mean I would need to play about 320 hours / week... and a week only has 148 hours, total.
WeakAuras
@WeakAuras
9h9 hours ago

keep that in mind before spreading this as a fact. Just because something ended up being written on the internet, does not mean it's true.

OP you saw this comment too I assume?
That’s because the Legion was amazing. And BfA feels ... well .. not so amazing .
the leak came from Blizzard launcher not from wow.
15/10/2018 23:10Posted by Poly
What good will it do?

Nothing if it's at 1,7 million. That's why I still believe that those number are true.

If it was still at about 5 mil (or even more) the only rational reaction after this kind of leak would be to publish the actual number to calm down the player base. But they can't. Because they know it's at 1,7 mil.

Also, holy !@#$ Trelw are you getting paid to gloss over everything that might be negative for Blizzard or do you actually think the stuff you write? Just read a couple of your posts and you are either incredibly naive or just scared to say something against daddy Blizzard since they gave you the fancy green font.

Are you even allowed to have an opinion?
Legion wasn't amazing. Getting my BiS legendary as the last one left to receive was game-breaking.

However I could tolerate Legion as systems were new and many of them were good, such as mythic+. With BFA I've lost much more than gained. I feel like I'm lvl 100 going for 110, instead of being a lvl 120 Titan killer.
Also the whole content we got is same as Legion and island expeditions is a copy paste of scenarios from MOP. U kill mobs and gather azerite pretty boring to do them just for the pets and tmogs and mounts but a casual wont do these.
If the maker of DBM would say wow has 20 million subs , would you everyone here believe them ?
@Juliuscesar: While it probably does not mean anything to you, I have been playing WoW over ten years by now and have been active member on Warcraftrealms almost ten years. My posts are entirely based on old Blizzard data, the collective efforts of hundreds of CensusPlus users over a period exceeding ten years (the site was already of some age before I joined) and my own screenshots, old posts, etc.

What I write IS my opinions and views on things, backed by whatever scraps of data I can find. It is not perfect, because I do not have access to Blizzard records (I am just a regular player, after all) and if I did, I would not be able to post them.

What you and everyone else reading my posts gets, is my best effort to offer information. It is perhaps worth noting that my green text is very much based on the effort I put in the original Connected Realms threads in the now distant past. I argued for AND against many things concerning them, did my best to assist Takralus (a former Blue) once I had been offered a membership in the "Green dragonflight" as we MVPs are sometimes known, etc.

You are free to disagree with me, but if you want to have a fair, adult conversation, please do NOT think that I am a brainless drone.

As for disagreeing with Blizzard... MVPs have gone against Blizzard views on multiple occasions, one of the more famous being the Real ID on forums debacle, which some posters still remember well...

As a final note... MVPs are NOT paid by Blizzard.
This was debunked wasn't it? Not reading every page, but top post on /r/wow seems to think so
This is the result of a lot of varied situations collectively in people's lives such as death, getting older, not having time etc etc.. the thing all situations have in common is that these people are no logger playing the game and I can't help but think it's specifically to do with the broken and busted sense of immersion in exchange for appealing to short attention span people: the lowest common denominator which as we all know are very prone to (you guessed it) SHORT ATTENTION SPANS.

What happens if you just give these people everything? They get board and move on, jump onto the next big thing to stay popular with their friends: fortnite.

What will blizzard do? Try to entice them back by making wow more fortnite styled content and new BGs where you can build mini forts and fight 100 people.

It's terrible business practice, they should be asking tthe original A-team for advice which would likely be to make wow more like dungeons and dragons again... mire like an RPG that takes literally months of investment to get to the end-game content which then takes many many months more to complete with skill building and all the oher important RPG elements they gutted from us, oh and to unlock our spec cages and let us be our own version of a damn warlock like we used to be able to.
15/10/2018 20:22Posted by Trelw
@Sinndor: 100% fake. Despite all the people who have quit, the activity levels in both US and EU today remain at a far higher level than they were during the lowest point within the past several years, in May 2016, at which point the most reliable estimates put the world wide subscription count at between 4,8 and 5,6 million. They are also higher than they were at any time during 2017 and 3rd highest for 2018 with only August (launch) and last month (very slightly) ahead.

As I have noted in numerous other threads... If the Chinese (& other Far East) market has not crashed, it is likely the world wide count still slightly exceeds 7 million. In addition, the available limited data suggest that the figures are starting to go flat, which means we are close to the base line that is to be expected to hold for the next several months, especially considering the launch of 8.1 will most likely happen within the next 31 to 45 days.

Given how previous expansions behaved, I fully expect WoW to have more than 5,6 million world wide subscriptions at the end of 2019, that is, more than a year from now.

I always appreciate your posts on this subject because you do put in effort, but in my opinion I do not believe that there are 5m+ subs. No chance. I won't believe it until Blizzard themselves release the sub numbers.
@Serious: Answer me a fairly simple question, then, please?

There is an official Blizzard record for Q4 of 2015, to my recollection it was 5,6 million. There are now far more active EU and US characters than there were at the end of 2015. IF the average player is playing less both in terms of hours and characters AND there are less players than at the end of 2015, how is this possible? :)
15/10/2018 23:56Posted by Serious
I always appreciate your posts on this subject because you do put in effort, but in my opinion I do not believe that there are 5m+ subs. No chance. I won't believe it until Blizzard themselves release the sub numbers.
Can't be, we only have 3.7m chars at 120 and people have alts... I have 6 120s alone (3 for crafting, 1 for reps and 1 for Horde side). And TBh a sub who isn't even 120 is kinda useless to keep the game alive, not to insult twinks but not many (including me) enjoy that.