shimmer poly xd

Mage
You have to be either an idiot or a troll to create this thread on the mage forum, possibly both. There's no other reason than trying to troll around when you're complaining about class mechanics on said class' forum.
16/10/2018 19:36Posted by Hairira
You have to be either an idiot or a troll to create this thread on the mage forum, possibly both. There's no other reason than trying to troll around when you're complaining about class mechanics on said class' forum.

Yeah, you are right. I admit I'm an idiot for involving mages in this whole discussion since I only seem to attract delusional wnb Houdini's in here.

/topic closed
16/10/2018 19:42Posted by Freddycarp
16/10/2018 19:36Posted by Hairira

Yeah, you are right. I admit I'm an idiot for involving mages in this whole discussion since I only seem to attract delusional wnb Houdini's in here.

/topic closed

What do you honestly expect? Everything from your first post to how you reply reeks of trying to troll. Or what do you seriously think is a proper reply to:

16/10/2018 00:21Posted by Freddycarp
great class design jo and dont forget the perma snares/slows xd

There's nothing constructive in this. All there is to that is a rant post with no substance where the only possible outcome is negative replies in return. Negative replies that you can then easily fuel to keep a negative "discussion" going, which more or less is what a bad troll constitutes.

If you do think you should get proper replies and a good discussion out of that opening post, then you might want to re-evaluate a few things.
16/10/2018 19:53Posted by Hairira
16/10/2018 19:42Posted by Freddycarp

/topic closed

What do you honestly expect? Everything from your first post to how you reply reeks of trying to troll. Or what do you seriously think is a proper reply to:

16/10/2018 00:21Posted by Freddycarp
great class design jo and dont forget the perma snares/slows xd

There's nothing constructive in this. All there is to that is a rant post with no substance where the only possible outcome is negative replies in return. Negative replies that you can then easily fuel to keep a negative "discussion" going, which more or less is what a bad troll constitutes.

If you do think you should get proper replies and a good discussion out of that opening post, then you might want to re-evaluate a few things.

I didn't expect much, but to have atleast one mage reply with "yes our slows are insane" would have warmed my heart, which was the whole point of this post
stop trying to give ur input any value while ur still balancing around 1v1's ty

And you are not? then why cry on a mage forum? why cry about mages in particular? mages are NOT op and even if they were, you cant have 3 mages doing 3v3, mage is only strong in a particular comp and against slow melee like paladins.
16/10/2018 20:04Posted by Freddycarp
I didn't expect much, but to have atleast one mage reply with "yes our slows are insane" would have warmed my heart, which was the whole point of this post

You can't expect that to happen when your first post here is so outwardly "hostile". Others are bound to respond in kind to a post like that.
So you create a thread "shimmer poly xd", then you trow spit like "great class design jo and dont forget the perma snares/slows xd". Then you started trowing personal insults out of nothing, and then tried to pretend like you want a constructive discussion.

And now you telling that Slows was the whole point... and you want someone to warm your heart? 0_o Are you mad? Freddy, this is a mage forum, we can fry it, freeze it, or blast it to oblivion. What's your pick?
Yes, our slows are insane. I would trade some of them for deep freeze and some damage. But we would still be the greatest counter to paladins.
Though they can usually beat my frost 1vs1 with repentance and some cover around even now.
Thanks for the laugh, Paladin.
Face it frost is ridiculous right now, fire and arcane not so much
19/10/2018 00:33Posted by Reggaegsus
Face it frost is ridiculous right now, fire and arcane not so much

Yes. But it still has nothing to do with shimmer+poly.
i got literally aids reading this.

I mean you literally had aids anyway, you're playing a paladin.
16/10/2018 20:04Posted by Freddycarp

Frost mage slows are insane, yes. Happy?

What would you change about frost, though? Just nerf slows? Now melee will have > 99% uptime. Is that better? Are frost mages balanced for group play now? No issues?
19/10/2018 15:47Posted by Emeraldon
Frost mage slows are insane, yes. Happy?

What would you change about frost, though? Just nerf slows? Now melee will have > 99% uptime. Is that better? Are frost mages balanced for group play now? No issues?

I personally would like to see slows nerfed to maybe 20 - 40%, it is not fun in the slightest to be passively perma slowed by 65% on my melee characters.

But in return I'd suggest permanent casting whilst moving for all casters except healers, to counter melee's ludicrous uptime.

In effect keep everything the same, but different :P
19/10/2018 16:51Posted by Icefall
I personally would like to see slows nerfed to maybe 20 - 40%, it is not fun in the slightest to be passively perma slowed by 65% on my melee characters.

Perma slowed, for example, by Assa is also not fun in the slightest. With that - slows should be nerfed across all classes/specs that have more than 50% slow, not just Frost Mages. If less than 50% - why do we need "slow" mechanic at all?
19/10/2018 17:03Posted by Coolgroove
why do we need "slow" mechanic at all?

because a warrior vs mage match wouldnt be very balanced if mage was forced to tank with his face the whole time just like its not balanced with warrior not being able to land any hits, its pretty hard to balance something like this.
19/10/2018 17:29Posted by Parza
19/10/2018 17:03Posted by Coolgroove
why do we need "slow" mechanic at all?

because a warrior vs mage match wouldnt be very balanced if mage was forced to tank with his face the whole time just like its not balanced with warrior not being able to land any hits, its pretty hard to balance something like this.

Sorry mate, but you've took it out of context and explained something obvious. Context was - If less than 50% and after all classes/specs that have more than 50% slow. Like, 20% Flamestrike slow doesn't really help against warrior or anybody else.
19/10/2018 20:19Posted by Coolgroove
you've took it out of context and explained something obvious.

and i did it on purpose :)
I miss flamestrike slow so much...
20/10/2018 00:09Posted by Parza
19/10/2018 20:19Posted by Coolgroove
you've took it out of context and explained something obvious.

and i did it on purpose :)
I miss flamestrike slow so much...

Yeah, every time I play Fire I wish it had 50% slow again. It just doesn't feel right - being squishy mage without a slow.
He still forgets to use sacrifice? Just put the mage in focus and wait for sheep.