Azerite item = Legion legendary -> disable

Arenas
Hey,

I think everyone knows, that azerite traits are really really bad for rated (and competitive) pvp.

Azerite items = legendaries in legion

In my opinion, its completely the same. It's really important, that you have the right one and the way to get it is completely rng.

The biggest difference compared to legion: azerite traits are enabled in pvp and legendary effects were disabled in pvp (except open world, but who cares)....
In my case I need a special trait, which completely changes my playstyle from rot damage to big burst only. So my spec is only viable, if I was lucky with weekly chests or other sources of azerite pieces.

Isn't it time to disable these traits for pvp? Please....
you forgot a key difference

classes in legion weren't balanced around legendaries, they were extras.
classes in bfa are balanced and designed around azerite traits, some simply don't work or perform very poorly without them.

I don't see blizzard re-designing half of the current specs just to accomodate PvP.
24/10/2018 10:51Posted by Tiona
Hey,

I think everyone knows, that azerite traits are really really bad for rated (and competitive) pvp.

Azerite items = legendaries in legion

In my opinion, its completely the same. It's really important, that you have the right one and the way to get it is completely rng.

The biggest difference compared to legion: azerite traits are enabled in pvp and legendary effects were disabled in pvp (except open world, but who cares)....
In my case I need a special trait, which completely changes my playstyle from rot damage to big burst only. So my spec is only viable, if I was lucky with weekly chests or other sources of azerite pieces.

Isn't it time to disable these traits for pvp? Please....
the main prob is u can stack stuff and do alot of dmg with sorten abilitys maybe if they change it that u cant stack them its fine idk
24/10/2018 12:22Posted by Dameg

classes in bfa are balanced and designed around azerite traits, some simply don't work or perform very poorly without them.

I don't see blizzard re-designing half of the current specs just to accomodate PvP.

're-designing' implies there were attempts at class design this expansion

Classes in BFA haven´t been balanced to this day. Having seen early BFA PvP, classes weren´t balanced at all (lock drain spec, shuriken toss rogs, SM stacking druids and more and more).
It is not RNG like Legendary back in Legion. There is no way you are going to miss lets say Helmet from X named dungeon for X named trait after running it couple of times.
I never missed a month in legion and my warrior still doesn't have Ayala ring for example.
Also traits are static, they don't change. You just check which trait is better and go farm the item with that trait for few hours.
Only problem with traits are, they are changing every single day. Mostly getting nerfed i mean.
Aw come on these azerite traits have been a f*cking disaster from day 1. So much stacking/hot fixes/bullsh!t and there is still some that are broken asf.

Just get rid of them in pvp they are WAY more bother than they are worth.

it doesn't feel like classes are getting balanced at all no matter with or without azerite
I agree, they should be removed from rated PvP.

But Blizzard ain't going to do !@#$ about them. They want you on the hamsterwheel edging for that 1 gear piece that will finally make you viable for just a little longer, just a little longer - just a bit more.

$$$$

(I mean disregarding the fact that it puts up an enormous barrier of entry and not giving a crap about your players results in absolute trash PR)