Zandalari Paladin Mount

Argent Dawn
05/11/2018 11:08Posted by Shanala
Hearthstone lore isnt canon in WoW

The WoW team is known for getting inspired by Hearthstone 'lore,' to the point where Tortollans that were invented for Hearthstone suddenly become a faction in WoW.

So I'd consider Shirvallah a possibility.
Heavily doubt it, especially with Kimbul already there.

While the night-tiger headcanon would be plausible for the traveller books, the WoW Kimbul is all about honor and courage so already takes that spot. I doubt they will give 2 very similar tiger Loa a role in BfA, to me it feels HS picked Shirvallah to better suit the theme (Stranglethorn, and Kimbul had no Champions or relevant NPCs, Shirvallah did),

Ion already hinted the Zandalari will learn to harvest the powers of the light in a more formal/structural way so I wonder if they even 'need' that single Loa, as that would just be Rezan 2.
I could see a direhorn being a good charger.
I hope you guys get a Dinosaur since it fits with the Zandalari-theme

But a golden armored Tiger would be neat to!!
Direhorn seems very likely in my eyes ever since MoP.

Don't be surprised. Honestly, the whole Zandalari Paladin thing came off as a no surprise to me, considering we had troll paladin mobs in Throne of Thunder, before the Zandalari Council encounter. They even cast Judgment and applied Seals on themselves, as was the old class mechanics. So as a result, I have thought of that ever since, and naturally I am among several others who thought this out.

What is interesting to me is that, as far as I know, we aren't getting hawskstrider chargers to replace our Thalassian horses. Don't get me wrong, I hope we NEVER do because my own charger has been IC since 2008. But over the years, they touched upon all the chargers, and got up all the way to dwarven chargers being rams, but never seem keen on actually changing the blood elven ones.
05/11/2018 13:31Posted by Ðawnseeker
What is interesting to me is that, as far as I know, we aren't getting hawskstrider chargers to replace our Thalassian horses. Don't get me wrong, I hope we NEVER do because my own charger has been IC since 2008. But over the years, they touched upon all the chargers, and got up all the way to dwarven chargers being rams, but never seem keen on actually changing the blood elven ones.

I mean, the one thing they could do is give the charger an actual horn (because the one it has is part of its armour I think?) so its in line with the old Quel'dorei horse you get from the Argent tournament.

Or even make them the same model as the new horses we got in Legion (with its red and gold armour).

I think they were trying to push that Quel'thalas had unicorn-styled horses.
I'd want a devilsaur, complete with stone tiki armor pieces and rich colours.

Perhaps when you create a Zandalari paladin, your first quest is to attend a rebirth ritual, to see Rezan reincarnate. He then blesses you all for remaining faithful to him, and grants you your light wielding powers.
They should update the Human Paladin Charger to HD... To bring it on par with the other ones!

To be fair, I seriously hope they'll add racial different Mounts for Warlocks and Death Knights now to! And Shaman Ghostwolfs deserve some difference between the races to?
05/11/2018 13:31Posted by Ðawnseeker

I'd like to think that the reason they're not changing the thalassian charger is because they know wc2 lore (helves rode unicorns, it's their old banner too)

I personally like the horse model

as for op question, I'd like the idea of shirvallah being the loa for them after hearthstone (kimbul's followers are dead) and thus a saber of some sort - maybe akin with the new saber models from darkshore

but I doubt that and we'd end up getting a new direhorn or something
A flashy Light Raptor, the new Zandalar models!
05/11/2018 14:00Posted by Carvian
kimbul's followers are dead

Kimbul started to accept new followers and there are shrines for him at the big pyramid.
i'm praying the mount is either gonna be a gilded horridon look-alike or a devilsaur decked out in all sorts of gold and maybe some magic lasers that can be fired from the eyes
05/11/2018 15:32Posted by Shanala
05/11/2018 14:00Posted by Carvian
kimbul's followers are dead

Kimbul started to accept new followers and there are shrines for him at the big pyramid.

i don't think kimbul's new followers are that devout enough to be player characters (we know how op they are), considering it's not even been a year between kimbul accepting new followers and zandalari paladins becoming a thing (at least from what we know of expansion (such as legion) being a year long in lore)

as for the shrines? i think they've been there for a while, probably from the devout kimbul followers, and i think the trolls living in dazar'alor are respectful at least to clean them in his absence

i think kimbul wouldn't be the paladin loa, it wouldn't surprise me if it was shirvallah, it'd be weird if they still drew power from rezan despite rastakhan not being able to, and if they worship the light................
05/11/2018 17:13Posted by Carvian
05/11/2018 15:32Posted by Shanala

i don't think kimbul's new followers are that devout enough to be player characters (we know how op they are), considering it's not even been a year between kimbul accepting new followers and zandalari paladins becoming a thing (at least from what we know of expansion (such as legion) being a year long in lore)

as for the shrines? i think they've been there for a while, probably from the devout kimbul followers, and i think the trolls living in dazar'alor are respectful at least to clean them in his absence

i think kimbul wouldn't be the paladin loa, it wouldn't surprise me if it was shirvallah, it'd be weird if they still drew power from rezan despite rastakhan not being able to, and if they worship the light................

The Zandalari have worshiped Kimbul as a Zandalari Loa, until Kimbul stopped allowing followers. He has his own temple, while Shirvallah is deemed by the Zandalari as a "lesser loa' and just 1 priest can be found in the Hall of the Lesser Loa. How does that make the Shirvallah worshippers more devout than the Kimbul worshippers?

I agree the tigers fit the golden idea of a paladin/light, but it would still be odd to have two near identical tigers, and then go for the one that is more Gurubashi focused than Zandalari.

I really feel HS went with Shirvallah to put emphasis on the diversity of tribes and Loa as they stated was their goal, and thus went with Gurubashi/Shirvallah.
Considering that every race of Paladins just use a Paladin-ified version of their racial mount (except Blood Elves who got a recolored Human mount, but back then nobody had a 'racial' Paladin mount) I imagine Zandalari Paladins will just get a slightly different Direhorn with some gold armor on it. More gold than the existing Direhorns, that is.
05/11/2018 17:32Posted by Shanala
The Zandalari have worshiped Kimbul as a Zandalari Loa, until Kimbul stopped allowing followers.

because they were killed by naga and if i recall correctly, kimbul wanted some closure on it or something - it's been a while since i did the quests for kimbul, don't know how long ago that was but i don't think there's any kimbul followers in dazar'alor (to my knowledge! i haven't seen any of the random encounters either where they pay homage to the loas; that being said, i only have seen 3/4 of them so)

He has his own temple, while Shirvallah is deemed by the Zandalari as a "lesser loa' and just 1 priest can be found in the Hall of the Lesser Loa.

whilst i agree that shirvallah being worshipped more than kimbul would be weird, considering shirvallah is prominently a gurubashi loa, shirvallah did have a zandalari high priest once upon a time (https://www.wowhead.com/item=139573/the-warmace-of-shirvallah if artifact appearances are anything to go by)

How does that make the Shirvallah worshippers more devout than the Kimbul worshippers?

more than kimbul only just started allowing followers again, whereas i imagine shirvallah has had followers in the zandalari for generations

without hearthstone making shirvallah the paladin loa, i would have agreed that kimbul makes more sense (it's surprising that hearthstone didn't go with rezan, but alas)

in reality, we shouldn't have to taken hearthstone into consideration but tortollans and golden eyes scream at me

I really feel HS went with Shirvallah to put emphasis on the diversity of tribes and Loa as they stated was their goal, and thus went with Gurubashi/Shirvallah.

perhaps, but it's weird how shirvallah's followers in hearthstone are zandalari paladins, which is why i draw my conclusions that zandalari paladins might be following shirvallah instead of kimbul/rezan
Posted by Aerilen
05/11/2018 11:08Posted by Shanala
but Zandalari will learn to draw the powers of light from faith itself.

Yeah, I give it at least two expansions - if that - until they're just as generic as the Silver Hand, Blood Knights and Sunwalkers.

You're a lot more generous than I am.

It's enevitable in the grand scheme of things, but RP-wise we can chose to ignore it, I mean I see enough Sunwalker RPers that refuse to go along with the "all-encompassing light" and instead simply draw upon the light of An'she. As the lore was originally intended.

05/11/2018 13:43Posted by Moridunum
They should update the Human Paladin Charger to HD... To bring it on par with the other ones!

Then they should update all of the older charger mounts. Cause the Sunwalker kodo and the Blood Knight Charger still look like they come straight out of 2006.
05/11/2018 21:45Posted by Beelz
05/11/2018 13:43Posted by Moridunum

Then they should update all of the older charger mounts. Cause the Sunwalker kodo and the Blood Knight Charger still look like they come straight out of 2006.

The Kodo is fine, it's from the same period as the Draenei Exarch's Elekk, but Blood Knight charger, Human charger, and the Argent Tournament versions of the same, definitely need an HD update.