Lore on Elune/Azeroth's moon?

Story
What exactly is Azeroth's moon and how does it relate to Elune? Is it possible for the denizens of Azeroth to visit the moon?

I know there are very few facts about who or what exactly is Elune. I know she's a "true" goddess, but not much more. I can't help but feel she is actually related to the void somehow, a "sane" void if you will... Perhaps the source of the void is being corrupted by Voidlords (which would explain all the madness and tentacles currently inherent to the void) and Elune is trying to clean it? Do you think this is plausible or am I way off track?
12/11/2018 12:18Posted by Leinadh
What exactly is Azeroth's moon and how does it relate to Elune? Is it possible for the denizens of Azeroth to visit the moon?

I know there are very few facts about who or what exactly is Elune. I know she's a "true" goddess, but not much more. I can't help but feel she is actually related to the void somehow, a "sane" void if you will... Perhaps the source of the void is being corrupted by Voidlords (which would explain all the madness and tentacles currently inherent to the void) and Elune is trying to clean it? Do you think this is plausible or am I way off track?

Elune is confirmed as the one true Goddess of Azeroth by Blizzard, she was associated with a different type of ''Light'', currently with the Night Warrior we clearly see that she also has a dark side,the powers and abilities she is offering her warriors are void related, thus making her a combination of the 2.It is possible to say that Elune is the mediator of Light and Shadow, she tries to balance the 2 in the world. She most likely has a similar standing to the Void Lords maybe? or is she something more powerful? She cleansed fel corruption,old god corruption, she pulled a Dragon Aspect into the sky, cleansed her and then turned her into a constellation in mere seconds, one thing is certain she is way above anything we have seen already.
Can we visit the Moon? we should ask the spacegoats and their spaceships !?

Elune is confirmed as the one true Goddess of Azeroth by Blizzard, she was associated with a different type of ''Light'', currently with the Night Warrior we clearly see that she also has a dark side,the powers and abilities she is offering her warriors are void related, thus making her a combination of the 2.It is possible to say that Elune is the mediator of Light and Shadow, she tries to balance the 2 in the world. She most likely has a similar standing to the Void Lords maybe? or is she something more powerful? She cleansed fel corruption,old god corruption, she pulled a Dragon Aspect into the sky, cleansed her and then turned her into a constellation in mere seconds, one thing is certain she is way above anything we have seen already.

Seems the explosive results of Void and Light being combined isn't that bad. Perhaps Alleria and Turalyon can touch each other again now.

Elune also uses arcane magic, her distinctiveness was first that many of her spells were arcane energy - fitting the night elf theme of children of the stars, born from an arcane well, and infused with arcane power.

The night elves perceived the goddess via the Well of Eternity and gazing at the reflection of the moon, they felt she dwelt within the well itself - which i think was a metaphor.

But I don't think she is an arcane entity, I think she's more than that, at the moment it seems arcane, light and void are her main things.

She does seem to sit between the balance of light and void. There was a hint of that in Legion, but we had not seen evidence of the void side except for remote reference of the order of Elune using shadow/void magic via disciplining pain mistresses and ofc the night elves being described as shadowy, slipping through the shadows - which as we delve into that in classes like the rogue, definitely have a void magic link.

So it's something new, which is nice.
The most logical explanation is that she is one of the powerful loa who don't show themselves, e.g. Mueh'zala
13/11/2018 04:49Posted by Thedraes
The most logical explanation is that she is one of the powerful loa who don't show themselves, e.g. Mueh'zala

It is the most disappointing explanation for sure, even worse than the Elune is a Naaru one. And far from the most logical.

Or are you forgetting arcane "light" and void as well as holy magical are her purview, not nature, so how can she be a Loa, and the void rules her out as Naaru, and holy stuff rules her out as an old God or void Lord.

Not to mention she can completely undo fel corruption and raise to full life.

She is the loved constant in the 3 main aspects of the night elves, the uncorrupted arcane wielders, uncorrupted nature druids and ofc the order of Elune who devote themselves to her.
Have you never noticed that chronicles start with the story that the light was already there? However, it is already chosen in the chronicles an entry of the narrative is in the middle of it. It says .. there is still plenty of room for what was before.

Well possible that Elune did not design the naaru directly, but indirectly by designing the light and later the shadow.

Why then mastery of other magics goes hand in hand with it like Arkan or even nature is simple, because these magics were created from light and void.
I kinda like the idea that Elune is actually the most powerful entity in the entire universe. Stronger than any being of the void, naaru etc. , maybe even the creator of the universe.

I mean, if she is able to effortlessly create a bunch of stars in space and even make it a constellation she must be pretty powerful.

If she's just another loa, titan or just something that is bound to azeroth I would be really really disappointed.
Elune is an old god that crashed on the moon instead of Azeroth proper and has been trolling the elves for millenia. Truly /our old god/.
By far the worst thing Blizzard has ever done with its lore was to explain their world's great mysteries. It turned the Titans from a mysterious and terrifying force of order and creation to a bunch of big dudes. It turned the Old Gods from maddening shadows to a handful of space parasites.

So no, I don't want Elune's origins explained. I don't want to know her motives or disposition. I don't want to learn the true extend of her powers. I don't want to make sense of her. She is the last true mystery left. Let her be so.
12/11/2018 20:15Posted by Mälfurion

Is it actually confirmed ? She isn't a mysterious being anymore ?
13/11/2018 17:34Posted by Severussnapé
12/11/2018 20:15Posted by Mälfurion

She is still mysterious, Blizzard only confirmed that she is the one true Goddess and that she is not an old God. The other things are being shown in the Night Warrior scenario, and from previous events/books.
14/11/2018 11:02Posted by Mälfurion
<span class="truncated">...</span>

She is still mysterious, Blizzard only confirmed that she is the one true Goddess and that she is not an old God. The other things are being shown in the Night Warrior scenario, and from previous events/books.

Ehm i couldn't find any information about it but nvm probably we gonna learn soon what Elune really is.