Can we talk about these scaling twinks

Arenas
Never really gone al in to arena and mostly pending between 1700- 1900 so far but in a game not to long ago and a few other times arround the 1800 rating me and my then current heal partner saw that we where up against a BM hunter, and Resto shaman.

Now this is a fine combo and al but.. they bouth had 82k health, im a fury sitting at 166k health and my partner at that time was a priest on 125k.

By the end of this game i had done 789k damage the hunter had done 844k, and the shaman had out healed my priest and we nearly died, i mean it was a freaking close call.

their team play was good no doupt about it mangement of cc and al but.. seriusly? 82k health thats fresh lvld up to 120 and they still are pulling such numbers and damage beacuse upon checking their armory they gimped emself with greens and blues that have sockets. and they are compeating on the 1800?

This was the most reasent time i meet such a combo but the more i think about it the more i come to realice i see it before, one time there was a 89k health rogue with a 160k health druid and so on.

I feel quite annoyed by this seeing as you clearly dont even need to gather up gear for the arena anymore, why not just scale everyone to the same item lvl no mader what they got seeing as this clearly works..
Applying percentages, you have twice his health pool but he did like 8% more damage (I am lazy to count it too well). If scaling would be that you both would have equal chances it'd scale your numbers to be same percentage, he'd do twice more damage than you.

In other words: you killed him over like 10 times, he killed you over like 5 times.
So your better gear actually DID result in better damage.

It's just not way better.

12/11/2018 16:31Posted by Renvy
82k health thats fresh lvld up to 120 and they still are pulling such numbers and damage beacuse upon checking their armory they gimped emself with greens and blues that have sockets. and they are compeating on the 1800?

you kinda contradict yourself, so is he purposely setting worse gear, or is he freshly dinged?

I feel quite annoyed by this seeing as you clearly dont even need to gather up gear for the arena anymore, why not just scale everyone to the same item lvl no mader what they got seeing as this clearly works..

You did more percentage to him than he did to you, what are you complaining about?
You did like 2x more damage percentage-wise.
12/11/2018 23:21Posted by Whisperer
Applying percentages, you have twice his health pool but he did like 8% more damage (I am lazy to count it too well). If scaling would be that you both would have equal chances it'd scale your numbers to be same percentage, he'd do twice more damage than you.

In other words: you killed him over like 10 times, he killed you over like 5 times.
So your better gear actually DID result in better damage.

It's just not way better.

82k health thats fresh lvld up to 120 and they still are pulling such numbers and damage beacuse upon checking their armory they gimped emself with greens and blues that have sockets. and they are compeating on the 1800?

you kinda contradict yourself, so is he purposely setting worse gear, or is he freshly dinged?

You did more percentage to him than he did to you, what are you complaining about?
You did like 2x more damage percentage-wise.

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Do you even play the game bro ?
It's a valid complaint.
The scaling is frustrating.

WoW has historically been about building an ever more powerful character by accruing new and better gear.

WoW still pretends to be that same game, but today gear in PvP has very little impact.

There is good arguments for either case, but regardless of the design model, the game should be transparent.

The PvP interface consistently misinform the player we can't trust the numbers we see on our sheet, we can't trust the numbers we see on our screen.

This makes the feel of PvP inconsistent which in turns fosters doubts about whether or not the game is fair.

The truth is, in a game which lies to us about what's going on, it's impossible to tell.