Honestly, you people act hysterical...

General
Blizzard makes ONE mobile game for a franchise with a very simple gamplay...

Whole Internet erupts in panic and runs around screaming "OMG ACTIVISION TRIES TO KILL PC GAMING!!!!"
Nah dude, the reactions are damn legit.

No one asked for a God damn mobile rip off of Diablo for i don't know, killing demons while taking a dump ?

Is the Forum / Reddit filled with thread like " We need a Diablo on mobile !"

No we are a PC community, the Mobile game was even a MEME in some bingos, so yeah, we're disapointed because Diablo became a living joke.
12/11/2018 23:33Posted by Xemeron

Whole Internet erupts in panic and runs around screaming "OMG ACTIVISION TRIES TO KILL PC GAMING!!!!"

They just stated there are plans for mobile games for there other IP's and most of the dev's have moved to exclusively mobile content...

If your going to troll at least put some effort into it...
Why did this need another topic
12/11/2018 23:36Posted by Punyelf
Why did this need another topic

because OP is a bad troll.

So lets look at it this way.

You're a massive PC gamer...you don't care much for mobile games but don't hate them.
You just spent 1000 quid on flights and a hotel stay and a further 200 quid on a ticket to Blizzcon.

You sit down at the Diablo launch event chatting to other avid fans of Diablo as they sit with grins on their faces for the reveal of some info on Diablo 4 for PC.

They spend 45 min talking about a mobile game...your jaw is on the floor, you are sat there wondering how to justify the costs of traveling to the event.

That is what some are feeling.

Others? Well they spent 35 quid on an E-Ticket with the same hopes.

What happened wasn't that people weren't expecting a mobile announcement but that's all they got.

The voices you hear now are the voices of sheer and utter disappointment.
12/11/2018 23:35Posted by Jakali
Diablo became a living joke
Yeah but not just now though. Since every iteration became about hunting the new macguffin that brings him back to life.
Since you seem pretty tone deaf I'll explain it to you.

Blizzard made their name and their legacy from PC games. Many people attending Blizzcon are 30-40 year old nerds (and I mean that nicely since I'm one) who grew up with the franchise and paid a lot of money for tickets.

Announcements should bear that audience in mind. What they did is like going to a comic book convention and having them announce they are branching out into podcasts.

Because Activision can't be trusted to make a mobile game without putting a ton of micro-transactions and altering the gameplay to the point where players are forced into those micro-transactions. Hell they can't even be trusted to make a AAA console/PC title without putting micro-transactions into it, let alone a mobile game.
Hopefully the gaming industry is gonna crash and burn soon and reset since like a video suggested the shareholders and Ceos have stopped having realistic expectations.

They are so obsessed with money that profit is just never enough and will always try to push for more ways to get money from people with even less effort.

There's no other way their greedy practices will end, the past few years have only gotten more extreme and worse, 0 innovation, remakes, reskins, huge marketing and many $$ for little effort.
12/11/2018 23:36Posted by Annallusion
most of the dev's have moved to exclusively mobile content...
To be specific, they said some of their best devs are working on mobile projects.
And you couldn't just post that in one of those threads?
I really hope OP is a troll indeed otherwise I just lost my faith in humanity.

I feel like the urban dictionary for shill should just say "Xemeron", people would get the meaning more often than now I swear.
Blizzard isn't making a mobile game though, they're outsourcing one. The fact they've made their name on PC aside, they also made a name for being uncompromising in the level of quality of their games. They've gone from cancelling projects like Ghost and Titan to letting a Chinese developer best known for creating reskins of the same cheap diablo ripoff game use their IP.

If Blizzard had decided to actually do their IP justice and try and create the best possible Diablo mobile experience they can, I'd at least be lukewarm to the idea but this is nothing more than a cheap cash grab. A far cry from the developer I became a huge fan of nearly two decades ago.

No it's not. They rage over a game they've never played.
12/11/2018 23:50Posted by Someoneelse

No it's not. They rage over a game they've never played.

Read my post once again.

The highlighted part is incorrect. They're making mobile games for all their franchises and they've moved their best developers onto them, depriving their actual games of their veteran talent to make crappy cash grab games for the Asian market.

Stop shilling for Blizzard.
To add to my comment, in 4 years we went from openly mocking mobile at Bliz to making mobile games for every IP with the help of all the best devs.
12/11/2018 23:59Posted by Destruct
To add to my comment, in 4 years we went from openly mocking mobile at Bliz to making mobile games for every IP with the help of all the best devs.
4 years is a long time in gaming as well as technology.

Some good developers have joined the marketplace since then and there are gems to be found among the piles of trash.

In terms of hardware, we went from 28nm Krait cpus with 2gb dual channel ram to 10nm Kryo cpus with 8gb quad channel ram.

Things are getting better for phones.