What's the point?/Help?

General
Why would you be in a guild anymore nowadays. If you aren't part of a community or guild by now anymore, you're never going to be part of any group of friends, guildies or people that can have fun anymore.
I've tried joining guilds, but most of them seem to completely ignore you after you join up and just keep with their own personal clique or just Litterally forget you exist and kick you afterwards if you say Anything. Is it even possible for someone without "wow friends" to find those anymore?? (if so, i can't figure out how) Playing this game on your own feels incredibly boring and depressing to me, i want to have people to play the game with but i wouldn't even know where to look...with the insane requirements people put on for pugs of any kind, that content is locked off for me .. (i can't bring 390ilvl to a M+0)

How do people do it? Why is it so damn hard to find a Friendly guild that will Actually engage with you, do fun stuff? do dungeons? Anything at all?!
You are better off trying communities these days.
I don't even know how those work and are they even worthwhile? feels like you need to know those people first. The people from my last "guild" basicly completely ignored me after i joined. I repeatedly asked if anyone wanted to do a mythic+..i didn't even get a response, their interest was THAT low.
See I don't join guilds because I feel like i can't commit to a guild, as in I don't play enough to get into raiding or set times to do stuff even if I was able to.

They are out there, the good ones you just have to search for them.

Communities exist too that could be what you are looking for. Calm keystone for horde and I think calmer keystone for alliance might be worth a look for you.
14/11/2018 21:29Posted by Nefaryas
See I don't join guilds because I feel like i can't commit to a guild, as in I don't play enough to get into raiding or set times to do stuff even if I was able to.

Communities exist too that could be what you are looking for. Calm keystone for horde and I think calmer keystone for alliance might be worth a look for you.

I could commit if i wanted to, but there don't seem to be any friendly guilds left..on the face of it, it looks like all guilds have been completely filled and there's nowhere you can fit in anymore. Communities..i don't know how they work.. i feel like it's way too hard to get into guilds nowadays..and that's legit not a joke.

I also feel like guilds and the likes turn me away from playing wow. Pugging is impossible, so we can immidiately discard that as a viable option.
14/11/2018 21:29Posted by Nefaryas

I could commit if i wanted to, but there don't seem to be any friendly guilds left..on the face of it, it looks like all guilds have been completely filled and there's nowhere you can fit in anymore. Communities..i don't know how they work, but if they're anything like guilds, they're filled with unfriendly people :\

The communities I mentioned may fit you really well and as far as I am aware their whole premise is being friendly and helpful to everyone involved. If you do a forum search for calm keystone you should find the information about it as the person who created it made a thread a couple of months back to advertise on general :)

I hope you find what you are looking for. I wish I could help further too but as I said I don't do raids or dungeons so I don't have a guild or knowledge of good guilds to offer.

I could commit if i wanted to, but there don't seem to be any friendly guilds left..on the face of it, it looks like all guilds have been completely filled and there's nowhere you can fit in anymore. Communities..i don't know how they work, but if they're anything like guilds, they're filled with unfriendly people :\

The communities I mentioned may fit you really well and as far as I am aware their whole premise is being friendly and helpful to everyone involved. If you do a forum search for calm keystone you should find the information about it as the person who created it made a thread a couple of months back to advertise on general :)

I hope you find what you are looking for. I wish I could help further too but as I said I don't do raids or dungeons so I don't have a guild or knowledge of good guilds to offer.

Friendly to their friends and people who are just like them i imagine. Too bad...I will take a look, but i don't have high hopes..

I miss the times when guilds were a group of friendly people having fun in a game they liked. Where you'd just do content together and joke around. Those days seem to be over.
You expect people to adore you after 5 minutes with them?

Most of the guilds are real friends who know each other for some time and then spend lot of time together in game, you are noone to them thats true.

When I moved to alliance on TBC I spend half of expansion being noone in the guild.
Only here and there helping someone with quests, tips, dungeons.
Most of the time I was just quiet in raids doing my jobs and helping others.

It took many sleepless nights to be allowed to lead primary raids in guild and to be that person you call on when you need to get something done properly.
It was long trip but all the fun you had with the people and friends you met, made it definitely worth it.

There might be "bad" guilds, but you need to give them chance and they will give chance to you, noone becomes guild master 2 days after he joins.

And even if you dont feel important, for example if you dont have enough time to join every raid, dont worry, its community not jail.
If you are not in some progress focused guild or PvP guild where you block someones team if you are not there, it absolutely wont matter if you cant hit every raid, just be there, be part of the community.
Thats what guilds are about.
14/11/2018 21:49Posted by Meristu

Most of the guilds are real friends who know each other for some time and then spend lot of time together in game, you are noone to them thats true.

When I moved to alliance on TBC I spend half of expansion being noone in the guild.

It took many sleepless nights to be allowed to lead primary raids in guild and to be that person you call on when you need to get something done properly.
It was long trip but all the fun you had with the people and friends you met, made it definitely worth it.

There might be "bad" guilds, but you need to give them chance and they will give chance to you, noone becomes guild master 2 days after he joins.

And even if you dont feel important, for example if you dont have enough time to join every raid, dont worry, its community not jail.
If you are not in some progress focused guild or PvP guild where you block someones team if you are not there, it absolutely wont matter if you cant hit every raid, just be there, be part of the community.

I never claimed i wanted people to like me after 5 minutes, but after a WEEK of trying to do stuff with them i expect SOMETHING to happen. you mention a long trip with meeting friends. Now imagine that trip Without those friends, Without those guilds. And i don't even SEE those guilds, where Are those guilds? I don't know where to Find those guilds.

You mention that the goal of raids is to be part of a community, and to join in with activities....well in my post i discribed just that..and how that seems to be Absent from the picture. Most people are completely rooted in their clique, and i don't have that group..so i am eternally screwed as i cannot get into those groups of people.
I just gave up and rolled only hybrid-classes.
Monk and shaman atm, always wanted in groups.
The classes may feel less fun than my original main, but its more fun to actually get into groups
its world of crz-craft, world of random dungeoncraft, world of solocraft now
Guilds are there to help eachother overcome difficult tasks. In BFA difficult tasks consists of:

Raiding
M+

If neither suits you then a guild wont be neccessary nor strenghten you in BFA.

No difficulties <=> no need for a guild.

If the expansion is built around solo playing then why bother?

If the expansion hosted non soloable content with restricted quality of life features then obviously helping each other in a guild becomes very valuable.

It’s an adaptation the playerbase has done in response to the game design, for better or for worse.
14/11/2018 21:18Posted by Solya
Why would you be in a guild anymore nowadays. If you aren't part of a community or guild by now anymore, you're never going to be part of any group of friends, guildies or people that can have fun anymore.
I've tried joining guilds, but most of them seem to completely ignore you after you join up and just keep with their own personal clique or just Litterally forget you exist and kick you afterwards if you say Anything. Is it even possible for someone without "wow friends" to find those anymore?? (if so, i can't figure out how) Playing this game on your own feels incredibly boring and depressing to me, i want to have people to play the game with but i wouldn't even know where to look...with the insane requirements people put on for pugs of any kind, that content is locked off for me .. (i can't bring 390ilvl to a M+0)

How do people do it? Why is it so damn hard to find a Friendly guild that will Actually engage with you, do fun stuff? do dungeons? Anything at all?!

Drop me a whisper, would be happy to do content with you :)

Tibbity#2707
14/11/2018 21:49Posted by Meristu

Its not about them loving you after 5 minutes. I have found with pretty much all the guilds you join nowadays they are so tight knit that for the first few days everyone is polite and says hello and goodbye etc and speaks to you then it slowly stops and then you just get no response to anything no matter how hard you try.
For me it was like that since vanilla , the guilds just wanted you as an asset incase someone couldn’t come to raid.

Server jumped to argent dawn and enjoy the rp aspect.

You are right playing the game alone is no fun , but I managed to make rp friends were we tackle small stuff and have fun.

As i see you are on AD try the small aspect of rp and try again the guild life
14/11/2018 21:18Posted by Solya

Easy, you are Social and active with the members in a guild, thats how I found a lot of great guilds. =)