Removing old content breaks stories even more.

General
Hey there.

I know most people propably just enjoy the latest expansions whenever new comes, but for example somebody story driven like myself or a new player, the games storyline gets broken more and more each expansion.

For example the jumps from 1-60 Cataclysm events back in time to either Outland or Northrend, which both still live in past, then jump back to Cataclysm events.
This might be confusing to new players who start from beginning, like what the heck happened to start the events that lead to Northrend or Outland.

I was just starting the Caraclysm story again the first time ever on Alliance character(I have been always playing Horde), and noticed that i just disappear from Stormwind docks and appear in the wrecked ship in the bottom of the ocean. Wheres the trip there and the actual wreck i never experienced from Alliance side. I have read excuses that it was buggy and so forth. Buggt rhings usually need fixing, if they are part of the games story, not removing.

I also hear that Vash`Jir now has less quests that it actually had at the time, and is now without real beginning or end. Very bad if it really is like this. I also hear that the trip to Twilight Highlands is a "poof" trip too. No more introductory quest or trip there. I have read, that fixing the park broke that introduction, but it should have been fixed, not removed completely.

It feels like Warcraft has way too many subscribers since it can just remove things and make quality less than it was. The stories that lead to current events are part of the game, not something that can be removed sinmply because many peoiple think it as old and not relevant. New players and strory driven may want to experience these events still. I would rather have them fixing the story content before making anything new.. Or just scrap the damned thing and make Warcraft 2 with storyline that is consistent with everything the whole game experience.

EDOT: These introduction quests/trips and such might be annoying the second time, but the best option alwats is to give players option to just skip them if they want, not remove them.
15/11/2018 14:15Posted by Gregori
and noticed that i just disappear from Stormwind docks and appear in the wrecked ship in the bottom of the ocean. Wheres the trip there and the actual wreck i never experienced from Alliance side.

Starting Vashj'ir should give you a sort of lengthy transition period where you travel on a boat and it gets invaded by a Kraken.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oy1X80gEWt4

^Like so. I believe there's a way to skip it though for people who don't want to see it on every character, which I would imagine you did with yours?
It's because literally nobody goes to Vashj'ir anymore.
Dead zone.
Only time anyone is there is to get the seahorse mount.
I'm guessing they savagely pruned the Qs there to free up space for new stuff?
15/11/2018 14:18Posted by Akurenia
and noticed that i just disappear from Stormwind docks and appear in the wrecked ship in the bottom of the ocean. Wheres the trip there and the actual wreck i never experienced from Alliance side.

Starting Vashj'ir should give you a sort of lengthy transition period where you travel on a boat and it gets invaded by a Kraken.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oy1X80gEWt4

^Like so. I believe there's a way to skip it though for people who don't want to see it on every character, which I would imagine you did with yours?

I just wanted to go to Vash`Jir. At instant i accepted the quest from recruiter at Stormwnd docks, it teleported me to the bottom of the ocean. To that wrecked ship that works as a first base there. I read that the trip was removed.

It is nice though, that these still exist in Youtube, but its much more fun to experience them with own character inside the game. :)
There already is an option to skip films, just press Esc.

Didn't know it was removed, I agree it's weird suddenly being in that shipwreck. Sadly many storylines are broken and I can imagine how confusing it is for new players, it still confuses me... and I played every xpac. Cata has to be the worst thing that ever happened to the game, ruined the world I loved and messed up the lore to the point of not being understandable. But there are good sides also:

Hope you enjoy your stay in Vashj'ir, it's Cata's most beautiful zone. I went there to hunt the seahorse for the first time since I got a better pc and was quite struck back. Relaxing place, like going on a holiday, now that I don't need to kill anything.
EDOT: These introduction quests/trips and such might be annoying the second time, but the best option alwats is to give players option to just skip them if they want, not remove them.

If only it stayed with introduction quests. Most of the quests describing the story of Khadgar have been removed from WoD, all black dragon guy (can't remember his name) quests from MoP, mage tower challenges from legion etc. I agree with removing legendary rewards from questchains (still questionable but okay), but removing complete stories because they are not recent (incl. cinematics and quest text) is just disrespecting people who like replaying and experience story over again.
Instead of removing stuff, they could let Zidormi be quest giver and totally optional without reward. Or Lorewalkers could have a hub somewhere, for everything, not just Pandaria.
@Eulalia

I really love Vash`jir. It really is unique and beautiful. Even while it is a bit harder for me due me being partially blind, i love it more since it is so beautifuö <3

15/11/2018 15:17Posted by Lindarielle

If only it stayed with introduction quests. Most of the quests describing the story of Khadgar have been removed from WoD, all black dragon guy (can't remember his name) quests from MoP, mage tower challenges from legion etc. I agree with removing legendary rewards from questchains (still questionable but okay), but removing complete stories because they are not recent (incl. cinematics and quest text) is just disrespecting people who like replaying and experience story over again.

Indeed. I played since beginning of WOTLK. The game then still felt very consistent, even if Outland was a bit of aodd place to go while the scourge was still the threat in Azeroth. Cata destroyed so many nice quest and stories. Class quests for example, were part of every characters story. I did not even care about the rewards and i was fine with them being an optional in late WOTLK. They should have stayed optional. Many stories are broken indeed.

I wish, that since they love phasing so much back then, that the original world would have been saved until level 80, and then phased to state of Cataclysm. Another option would have been to have Cata Azeroth as a whole another map of Azeroth with higher level zones.. Though i sont know what the starter areas would have worked or what.. At least there would have been many new quest opportunities. Biggest problem would have been Goblins and Worgens and how their story would have made sense. Maybe they should have been introduced some other way, or started as "Hero races" on level 80.