How to gear?

General
I just reached 120.

What is the fastest way to gear?
Play the game.
No really, everything you do will award you gear, so just play the game.
Dungeon, warfront, world quest, profession...
Accidently leveled another 7 levels aye ?
1.Go to the docks turn to nathanos the WQ unlock quest

2.Go to the docks pick the arathi mob quests that reward gear(not sure witch and how many will you get its rng,like everything
Edit:My bad we dont have the daily contribution quest yet,but we have the Warfront scenario and quest that reward 340ilvl after completion and 370 after finishing the quest.

3.Go to Arathi Highlands find a rare farm group (rares drop 340ilvl,kill 20 rares hope rng is on your side)and the one for your quests,also kill the Arathi world boss if he is up for your faction.

4.Kill the world boss(Voldun this week)

5.If your ilvl is still not 320 to play(afk) in lfr,then do some of the WQ to bump it up.Dont do all of those for gear,do lfr first and hope people give you crap they dont need.
6.Buy some cheep 310 from Ah,if they are way bellow 5k,to bump your ilvl.

..have a nice gearing :)
I was a fresh 120 a week ago,as above really.
Do WQ's that reward gear including world boss, after that, grab the quest on the docks that reward a 370 through the warfront.
And then if you want to continue that, you can do more warfronts to fill all slots with 340 gear. After that you can do Mythic+ (2-4) keys till you have about 350+ ilvl and then you can do higher keys and so on.
Make sure you also do the weekly island expedition of 5 HC (more if doing on normal) expeditions to get the 2500 AP for a necklace ilvl boost.
1. Buy stuff to get ilevel 300 minimum, depends on your pocket and willingness.

2. Join a big rare hunt zerg for warfront rares if they’re up for your faction.

3. Dungeons + world quests until 320

4. Farm warfronts to 340.

The rest is mythics and raiding.
27/10/2018 14:54Posted by Gumbleroot
I just reached 120.

What is the fastest way to gear?

Do Arathi Highlands if available to your side and world quests for upgrades from the individual quests and emissary quests.

There is also the weekly world boss.

Other than that you are into the old style grinding dungeons for drops. Stay away from Mythic+ though unless you are doing it with guildies or friends.
27/10/2018 15:53Posted by Blurey

As long as you have fulfilled the requirements. :(
I just leveled through IEs and dungeons and now have to go and get friendly with the 3 factions and complete the war campaign quests.
Not that I minded the first couple of times but this is alt number 6 and I just want to jump into the WQs.
27/10/2018 17:48Posted by Yinghei
27/10/2018 15:53Posted by Blurey

I just leveled through IEs and dungeons and now have to go and get friendly with the 3 factions and complete the war campaign quests.
Not that I minded the first couple of times but this is alt number 6 and I just want to jump into the WQs.

Making this mistake once is understandable.

Making the mistake 5 times????
27/10/2018 18:01Posted by Rehoboam

Making this mistake once is understandable.

Making the mistake 5 times????

Obviously this is the first time I leveled an alt purely through this method. I was happy to do the zone quests until then but now Im thoroughly bored of them.
If you’re PUGing

Dungeons > Heroic Dungeons > Mythic Dungeons
Raid Finder and/or Normal
World Quests
Warfronts
Stop suggesting warfronts you numpties. You need a 320 ilvl to do it.
The fastest way is to visit the auction house and buy your gear. If you don't have gold, put your credit card in the slot and buy some.

And even if you don't have real money, or a lot of gold, this is not necessarily crazy, at least in part. You may pick up a Darkmoon trinket at a decent price. Considering you're 250, even a couple of crafted 300s would speed up the process, since World Quests give you better gear based on your current ilevel.

Beyond that, what Blurey said.
27/10/2018 17:48Posted by Yinghei

Sry it took long to respond,but i leveled through Timewalking my two alts druid and shaman(Equilibryum,Dahaka if you care too look them in the armory) i did only the inital Zuldazar quest to have it zoned.Didnt do any quest on them and they have the Nathanos quest for WQ,you should go and chek with him.They are neutral with every Zuldazar faction.Pretty sure its already account unlocked.(aside the reputation vendors)
27/10/2018 20:45Posted by Blurey
.Didnt do any quest on them and they have the Nathanos quest for WQ,you should go and chek with him.

well dammit! You're right... I only checked in the Seal, I forgot about the boat!

I do have some gear from IEs but on all my alts so far I took a trip to the auction house just for the 300ish stuff to start me off.
27/10/2018 14:58Posted by Lyandris

HAH I had to look it up, but Gumbleroot tried to troll by posting that he bought expansion by mistake.
27/10/2018 23:40Posted by Yinghei
27/10/2018 20:45Posted by Blurey
.Didnt do any quest on them and they have the Nathanos quest for WQ,you should go and chek with him.

well dammit! You're right... I only checked in the Seal, I forgot about the boat!

I do have some gear from IEs but on all my alts so far I took a trip to the auction house just for the 300ish stuff to start me off.

Glad it worked out,and hope you didnt fork alot of gold before this.
28/10/2018 00:08Posted by Eightyfive
27/10/2018 14:58Posted by Lyandris

HAH I had to look it up, but Gumbleroot tried to troll by posting that he bought expansion by mistake.

Yeah :D