Blizzcon allied races

General
With Blizzcon approaching I’m sure that we can expect some allied race announcments but realistically what could they be?

They have to fit with the story narratively and time wise? So what could they even be?
Leper gnomes for alliance, leper goblins for horde
28/10/2018 10:34Posted by Skyrha
Leper gnomes for alliance, leper goblins for horde

Wtf is a leper goblin? Do they exist? Irradiated goblins?

Also as I said it needs to make sense narratively and with the timing.
They could exist, and then again, they could not. We won't know until it's confirmed.
28/10/2018 10:36Posted by Skyrha
They could exist, and then again, they could not. We won't know until it's confirmed.

They have never existed before, they already have green skin, other than some scans and green glow, how would they look different to normal goblins.

If they were to go down the gnome/goblin route I’d much prefer mechagnomes and gilgoblin.
We'll get whatever Blizzard decides we'll get, datamining and Blizzcon is only way to know. Now we could speculate many things that people fantasize about, ogres, san'layn, vampires, high elves, vyrkuls and so on, but most probable are Sethrak for alliance and Vulpera for Horde. Vulpera seem like an obvious choice for Horde, and since they don't get along with Sethrak, you know the rest.

Mecha gnomes are possibility too, but I can't see blizzard giving Horde new race and Alliance reskin, it just doesn't fit their agenda, they usually give both factions reskin or both factions new race.
At this point we could expect anything. Never thought Void Elves would be a thing after what happened with Alleria on Argus. You never know, we might get Undead Draenei haha
Personally I would like to see San’layn join the Horde its counterpart is already Void Elf they even mentioned it in their /silly + Void doesnt like Sylvanas cause she seeks “the death of all things”
Whatever the Horde wants, and the exact opposite of what the Alliance wants.
Vulpera and Trash Gnomes.
Vulpera for horde.
Alliance will get junker/mecha gnomes.
But i have a question, doesn't the Sethrak let alliance set up shop with them and have a flightpath etc with them?
If i remember correctly i guess that could happen too.
28/10/2018 11:12Posted by Linir
Whatever the Horde wants, and the exact opposite of what the Alliance wants.
Vulpera and Trash Gnomes.

This.

Can we appreciate how horde have got 2 races they’ve wanted since classic and alliance have 0.
If horde gets vulpera, I doubt alliance will be some kind of gnomes.

Gnome recolor would just be that. Recolor.

While horde would get a race with entirely new model (even, if it uses goblin animations).

Tho... wouldnt surprise me. Blizz has had huge horde bias in bfa so far. I feel like blizz first finished horde stuff, but didnt have time to finish the alliance content.
28/10/2018 11:13Posted by Uldurin
Vulpera for horde.
Alliance will get junker/mecha gnomes.
But i have a question, doesn't the Sethrak let alliance set up shop with them and have a flightpath etc with them?
If i remember correctly i guess that could happen too.

Personally I hate the idea of sethrak joining the alliance :/ their loa sethralis is in allegiance with the horde anyway right? So idk what the likelihood of that happening even is.
28/10/2018 10:32Posted by Dolome
With Blizzcon approaching I’m sure that we can expect some allied race announcments

Based on absolutely nothing other than personal wants.

Good job.
28/10/2018 11:16Posted by Naeya
28/10/2018 10:32Posted by Dolome
With Blizzcon approaching I’m sure that we can expect some allied race announcments

Based on absolutely nothing other than personal wants.

Good job.

Yes, personal wants for a game I pay for :)

Even then it wouldn’t be stupid to assume there will be some allied race announcements especially with subs being low rn and hype being needed.

Nice try
I think Blizzard is done with allied races for this expansion. We already got plenty of them.
28/10/2018 11:22Posted by Cedrad
I think Blizzard is done with allied races for this expansion. We already got plenty of them.

Still waiting on those sweet, sweet trolls :'(
28/10/2018 11:22Posted by Cedrad

This.

I mean, we can probably assume that Zandalari Trolls and Kul Tirans will arrive in patch 8.1.5.

The patches afterward will probably explore new zones and story. We're sort of done with the Zandalar and Kul Tiras plot after patch 8.1.5. Patch 8.2 and onward will likely be all the Azshara and Old God stuff.

If we're going to get more Allied Races, then they'll probably be introduced in patch 8.3.5 or something, close to the next expansion and its story plots. A bit like it was the case with Void Elves, The Nightborne, Highmountain Tauren, and Lightforged Draenei.

I don't think we'll see playable Vulpera or snek or anything like that anytime soon.
What Jito said, I doubt they'll give us Vulpera and Sethrak until 8.3, and that's a long time, long enough for them to work on both races.
We'll see announcements for new ones for sure, but they won't be coming until a few more patches down the line. I'm expecting Vulpera, hoping for Sethrak, gnomes are still up in the air but with no current counterpart to see for them it's hard to say.
Datamining will not reveal any allied races. All of those files got encrypted after people datamined Vulpera, so a lack of any improvements to current ingame races means nothing. Blizzcon is the only place we'll hear of any new ones.