Blizzcon allied races

General
28/10/2018 20:04Posted by Linir
So our options are. 3rd human race, a 3rd Draenei race or trash gnomes, with little to no development whatsoever, and the horde gets 2 races that have been fleshed out in the current expansion.
Yeah it actually makes sense.

*Slaps thread*

This void boi can fit so much angst.
28/10/2018 20:06Posted by Jakali
28/10/2018 20:04Posted by Linir
So our options are. 3rd human race, a 3rd Draenei race or trash gnomes, with little to no development whatsoever, and the horde gets 2 races that have been fleshed out in the current expansion.
Yeah it actually makes sense.

*Slaps thread*

This void boi can fit so much angst.

Hey man, except Dark Iron Dwarfs, our races are pretty underwhelming.

I would love some snek boys, and I sure as hell would roll one.
Now fat humans? I don't even play ethe Chad humans. (Except for the grind for allied races due to the racial.)
28/10/2018 20:05Posted by Lilura
The Alliance has first contact with the Sethrak, saves their leader from the brink of death, drives off a siege on their Terrace, and helps retrieve one of their keystones. As a result, the Horde wouldn't have even been able to help the Devoted if not for the Alliance. Point is, the Sethrak are, at the moment, equally indebted to both factions. The fact that they are on a Horde-controlled zone is irrelevant. Vol'dun is the Alliance's strongest foothold on Zandalar, and Blizzard has deliberately had them make inroads with the Sethrak.
Moreover, they are using the Worgen skeleton and, with the exception of the two elf allied races, every current allied race uses the skeleton of a race on their resulting faction. There's actually far less evidence pointing to the Horde than people think and recent developments on the PTR show that the Vulpera and Sethrak are basically mutually exclusive (https://images-ext-1.discordapp.net/external/aY-Y0q7bVSNSjfFrRk25ClWElwWPjpX8AFprYDLnHzQ/https/i.gyazo.com/6fb0898cb206bd69e833d9a443deb41b.png?width=208&height=300).

When you are delusional and try grasping for straws. Very funny.
Naga or riot.
Snip

"I can't refute your arguments so I'll resort to name-calling in order to subvert them instead"
28/10/2018 20:10Posted by Erevien
28/10/2018 20:05Posted by Lilura
The Alliance has first contact with the Sethrak, saves their leader from the brink of death, drives off a siege on their Terrace, and helps retrieve one of their keystones. As a result, the Horde wouldn't have even been able to help the Devoted if not for the Alliance. Point is, the Sethrak are, at the moment, equally indebted to both factions. The fact that they are on a Horde-controlled zone is irrelevant. Vol'dun is the Alliance's strongest foothold on Zandalar, and Blizzard has deliberately had them make inroads with the Sethrak.
Moreover, they are using the Worgen skeleton and, with the exception of the two elf allied races, every current allied race uses the skeleton of a race on their resulting faction. There's actually far less evidence pointing to the Horde than people think and recent developments on the PTR show that the Vulpera and Sethrak are basically mutually exclusive (https://images-ext-1.discordapp.net/external/aY-Y0q7bVSNSjfFrRk25ClWElwWPjpX8AFprYDLnHzQ/https/i.gyazo.com/6fb0898cb206bd69e833d9a443deb41b.png?width=208&height=300).

Ironic...
28/10/2018 20:11Posted by Gorewolf
Naga or riot.

I see you roleplay one, nice.
28/10/2018 20:18Posted by Rhiánnon
28/10/2018 20:11Posted by Gorewolf
Naga or riot.

I see you roleplay one, nice.

It even has a beard.
28/10/2018 10:32Posted by Dolome
With Blizzcon approaching I’m sure that we can expect some allied race announcments but realistically what could they be?

They have to fit with the story narratively and time wise? So what could they even be?

Don't have your hopes up for some juicy wow info from devs in Blizzcon. They are just bringing up hype for getting more money, that's all....

For a new unknown race, I already know the answer "We will look into it" .
Why not? There must be a mic-drop and telling people that there are in fact old gods in BFA will not be even close to that~ because we know since first day.
28/10/2018 20:12Posted by Lilura

"I can't refute your arguments so I'll resort to name-calling in order to subvert them instead"

Take a look at the story forums, erevien is known for it.
So ideally

Ogres for Horde
Hozen for Horde
Vulpera for Horde

High Elves for the Alliance
Jinyu for the Alliance
Sethraki for the alliance
When i see the story it kinda is logical that they go:

Horde: Vulpera
Alliance: Since the Gnome leader is frozen i guess a story will involve their race so i would say either Mech Gnome or Leper Gnome.
28/10/2018 20:47Posted by Roghosh
When i see the story it kinda is logical that they go:

Horde: Vulpera
Alliance: Since the Gnome leader is frozen i guess a story will involve their race so i would say either Mech Gnome or Leper Gnome.

Yup
28/10/2018 19:58Posted by Moburon
I used to believe the Horde would get Vulpera and the Alliance would get Sethrak, it is the most obvious combination, but... in the end, it's the Horde that helps the good Sethrak out, isn't it? Furthermore, they both share the same zone (Vol'dun), which is located on a mostly Horde-controlled continent (Zandalar).

I'm pretty sure I saved Highmountain Taurens as Alliance, and also Thalyssra's Nightborne as Alliance, not to mention in the Huln story the Highmountain fights against the Legion side by side with the Night Elves, yet both backstabbing scum factions went to Horde so they can serve the zombie queen. At this point it seems absolutely anything can happen with little regard to what you are actually doing in game/story. The Blizzard story department has truly embraced the RNG philosophy.
28/10/2018 20:50Posted by Dawnstone
28/10/2018 19:58Posted by Moburon
I used to believe the Horde would get Vulpera and the Alliance would get Sethrak, it is the most obvious combination, but... in the end, it's the Horde that helps the good Sethrak out, isn't it? Furthermore, they both share the same zone (Vol'dun), which is located on a mostly Horde-controlled continent (Zandalar).

I'm pretty sure I saved Highmountain Taurens as Alliance, and also Thalyssra's Nightborne as Alliance, not to mention in the Huln story the Highmountain fights against the Legion side by side with the Night Elves, yet both backstabbing scum factions went to Horde so they can serve the zombie queen. At this point it seems absolutely anything can happen with little regard to what you are actually doing in game/story. The Blizzard story department has truly embraced the RNG philosophy.

At least have the guts to post on your alliance main, troll.
28/10/2018 20:42Posted by Retributor
So ideally

Ogres for Horde
Hozen for Horde
Vulpera for Horde

High Elves for the Alliance
Jinyu for the Alliance
Sethraki for the alliance

Ideally for Alliance~
28/10/2018 20:51Posted by Erevien

I mean yeh, true but the level 1 troll also kinda has a point...
28/10/2018 20:51Posted by Erevien

Talking about raiding or pvp are the only topics where main/armory matters. Just like your own character, I could care less what you have achieved in wow, it makes no difference in the topics such as this one.
i dont care for fox people really, the horde can take them furries. gnomes arent a popular race in the alliance playerbase, adding more would be pretty stupid. after pandares they are the least played race so adding more would be a very unwise choice imho. sethrak on the other hand would be a great idea and im all for snek people :) i wanted vrykul since wotlk and considering they are related to humans they could fit the alliance but im guessing this wont ever happen. so give us snek people and i'll keep paying my sub :) wouldnt say no to a high elf/half elf either but my void elf is already more fabulous than any kind of elf so its good if they wont be giving to ally.