Cdew on youtube

Arenas
Cdew just posted a video discussing his championship journey.

I am not some fan boi, or don't follow any streamers, but that is an interesting video.

He goes into detail of how they won, namely abusing the broken "lively spirits" balance trait. It grants intellect to the druid based on the spells cast during intervate, after it ends. So cdew would just spam all the instants he had buffing samiyam. They used it like another offensive, often at the same time as incarnation.

It is OP, might already be nerfed.
09/11/2018 21:11Posted by Jalisco
It is OP, might already be nerfed.

Was nerfed on PTR even before Blizzcon. Still is nerfed on PTR, but oh well we need to wait until 8.1.
namely abusing the broken "lively spirits" balance trait
Nothing new here, a lot of people already reported it couple of times, but noone on the other end is listening. They gonna change it with 8.1 overall, but no idea why they haven't nerfed it 2 month ago for pvp... Like the ret mastery trait as well.
He goes into detail of how they won
You don't have to be a genius to find it out for yourself. One year of qualification, the teams with the strongest comps and/or best teamplay qualified, but one month before the blizzcon started, they nerfed those comps to underaverage on highest level. So all you needed was a DH with manaburn and some awareness about how to rotate your def cds.

The boomy trait helped them, but even without, they would have come far by just playing a meleecleave with DH.
This years arena tournament was void to me when everyone started using tank trinkets.

Suprisingly little qq on the forums regarding the trinkets "bugs" "exploits" "clever use of game mechanics" being used also..

Normally the pvp community would be outraged. But barely seen any threads about this..
He just needed to drop Bean ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
11/11/2018 23:03Posted by Gantzusenpai
Suprisingly little qq on the forums regarding the trinkets "bugs" "exploits" "clever use of game mechanics" being used also..

They're all competing on the same ground, so no one is having an unfair advantage.

If one were to complain about it, it would be on the basis that it made the games themselves more boring or less enjoyable to spectate, but I don't think that was the case.

It reminded me a bit of The Overwatch League where they were sometimes on a different patch than the Live servers, so the teams would take advantage of something like a really strong Hanzo. But since all teams had the opportunity to do that, then it was fair to all, and the competition wasn't really affected beyond just involving a lot of Hanzo :P

It's kind of the same here. You have something that stands out and is really good. But since everyone are free to take advantage of it, then the competition is still fair for all.
12/11/2018 01:23Posted by Jito

They're all competing on the same ground, so no one is having an unfair advantage.

If one were to complain about it, it would be on the basis that it made the games themselves more boring or less enjoyable to spectate, but I don't think that was the case.

It reminded me a bit of The Overwatch League where they were sometimes on a different patch than the Live servers, so the teams would take advantage of something like a really strong Hanzo. But since all teams had the opportunity to do that, then it was fair to all, and the competition wasn't really affected beyond just involving a lot of Hanzo :P

It's kind of the same here. You have something that stands out and is really good. But since everyone are free to take advantage of it, then the competition is still fair for all.

That is incorrect. Learning to play a spec takes a lot of time and getting used to it. Mastering a spec is a different story. If your spec gets nerfed and you are forced to play something you are not familiar with you will perform worse than someone who has been playing it for years
12/11/2018 01:30Posted by Gorazul
That is incorrect. Learning to play a spec takes a lot of time and getting used to it. Mastering a spec is a different story. If your spec gets nerfed and you are forced to play something you are not familiar with you will perform worse than someone who has been playing it for years

Oh yeah for sure. But I don't see any unfairness in that as per the Blizzcon tournament, as every team had adequate time to prepare and practice. And if you're a one trick, then that's sort of a self-imposed weakness.
Broken and overtuned classes/comps? Hmm, nah, not unfair - you could easily reroll, spend more money into it (because who wants to spend 3+ days played to level a char) and another 1+ day to get at least a playable itemlevel.

Jito logic: are you a woman or a blizz employee?
12/11/2018 01:23Posted by Jito

It has nothing to do that method have mythic gear + mythic weapons ,trinkets , ring ,,,gear
12/11/2018 09:39Posted by Lightness
It has nothing to do that method have mythic gear + mythic weapons ,trinkets , ring ,,,gear

No, it doesn't.

They play on a tournament server with premade characters and are allowed to use whatever setup they want.

Equal opportunity for all.