How many subs has wow lost?

General
Prev 1 2 3 4 10 Next
A lot, but latest intelligence states they are listening to our feedback.
10/11/2018 18:22Posted by Baldbeard
There are barely any outworld activity yet theres no flying mounts yet. This is the most empty expansion ive seen:/

Hope its just my phasing bugging out. For months.

When I unsubbed a while back there were regularly 30 people + online in my old guild. Now when I checked there's 2 or 3 :(
10/11/2018 19:02Posted by Brewny
10/11/2018 18:22Posted by Baldbeard
There are barely any outworld activity yet theres no flying mounts yet. This is the most empty expansion ive seen:/

Hope its just my phasing bugging out. For months.

When I unsubbed a while back there were regularly 30 people + online in my old guild. Now when I checked there's 2 or 3 :(

i logged on to check my played a few weeks ago .. and my guild which i joined as a randomer just before i quit the guild leader was messaging me begging me to tank for them in uldir as they couldn't find a replacement.

i told em i don't play the game anymore and logged out.
Don't you guys have mobile phones?
Made 5 or 6 new friends at the beginning of the expansion while I was leveling.

None of them is online anymore. They quit and probably unsubbed more than a month ago.

I guess that's normal now. People who still deny that WoW is dying are straight up delusional.
10/11/2018 19:47Posted by Juliuscesar
People who still deny that WoW is dying are straight up delusional.

inb4 people who say "players have been saying WoW is dying since 12 years now"

gonna leave a big yikes for those.
10/11/2018 10:38Posted by Toohottodot
Still there is classic to look forward to and the hope that the next expansion will see an upturn in the fortunes of wow.

Nope, we know now that subs dropped and they're moving on to the chinese mobile market.

It's time to say good bye, this is it boys!
10/11/2018 19:59Posted by Thedice
Nope, we know now that subs dropped and they're moving on to the chinese mobile market.

It's time to say good bye, this is it boys!

you know your game is lost when even the people who used to whiteknight the crap out of your game are turning against you.
10/11/2018 20:09Posted by Mynutzjk
people who used to whiteknight the crap out of your game

Never did that, I just have a peculiar taste that aligned with alot of what they do. Still like the GCD change, fite me!
no one can give u accurate number but my group, around 5 ppl, all quit.
10/11/2018 20:13Posted by Thedice
Never did that, I just have a peculiar taste that aligned with alot of what they do. Still like the GCD change, fite me!

https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17617702931#post-8

one of many examples.

don't ask me why I had that saved, maybe I thought I had to prove my point somewhere in the future.

call me a genius
I hope it's not too low, Lets be real, nothing will last forever, and i would rather not see them pull the plug on wow. but i can't imagine it being high right now.
Three words.

Break between content.
10/11/2018 20:17Posted by Mynutzjk
one of many examples.

Semantics, but I wouldn't call loving and trusting in a company whiteknighting. Whiteknights abandon reason and aren't critical. I like to think I'm ruthlessly critical person.
10/11/2018 20:23Posted by Thedice
Semantics, but I wouldn't call loving and trusting in a company whiteknighting. Whiteknights abandon reason and aren't critical. I like to think I'm ruthlessly critical person.

maybe shilling is more appropriate in that case.
10/11/2018 11:11Posted by Raiden
It s Sunday boys..!!

it s time for one of those WOW is dead post..

since TBC btw.

I know. Which is why I will deign to dignify it with a barely disguised attempt at sarcasm so I'll just throw in a random number/s. The internet, being the internet, will swallow it without thinking twice.

My guess 99,999,999,998.

Actual number from Blizzard data, (which I found via a wow site, via an add on, via a YouTube video, via a number I just pulled out my rear end).

I think more people are quitting. It's possibly taking a break, but for me, I've put a hold on my account as well. I'll probably be back for either 8.2 or Classic. I'll see if I feel the urge to push myself in finishing Pathfinder Part 1 (It's bad when I feel the need to say "push myself.)

Everything about the game currently, is just not interesting. It started with the poor story and has just gone downhill with it's poor systems.

I also think Blizzard thought that the Warfronts and Islands would be a bigger success, but it's clear, they aren't.
I hate being negative though. I hate being all "dooms-day is upon us" because let's be honest here, WoW will always go down in history as being the best and most successful MMORPG.
10/11/2018 20:27Posted by Mynutzjk
10/11/2018 20:23Posted by Thedice

maybe shilling is more appropriate in that case.

I'll be laughing all the way to the bank when they pay me for posting stuff that is against them. You wound me.
10/11/2018 20:13Posted by Thedice
Still like the GCD change, fite me!

Yeah and that's fine. It just shows that you are god awful at the game and don't even understand why and how absolutely terrible the change actually is. You just lack experience and knowledge gameplaywise.
Call BfA dead as long as you want to but compared to Legion and especially WoD this addon is crowded as f*ck.