wow on xbox one

General
12/11/2018 14:27Posted by Samkelly
12/11/2018 14:17Posted by Pixelbear
just add controller support to wow ... no need for console.

Impossible. You need to move, so that's your sticks gone. You then have a remaining 4 D-Pad buttons, 2 triggers, 2 bumpers, 2 stick clicks, 4 buttons. Good luck binding every ability in WoW to 14 buttons, along with enemy targeting, enemy switching and all the other key triggers.

Edit: Also you're missing the point. He wants to be able to play on a console. Controller support for PC won't help someone wanting to play on console.

I guess you haven’t heard about ConsolePort then:
http://consoleport.net/home/

That’s an add on that is focusing on using a controller and does it almost perfectly.
Mobile first then console. WoW Immortal.
12/11/2018 14:15Posted by Samkelly
12/11/2018 14:05Posted by Redde
No

Why not? A one x will deffo be able to run a game as dated as WoW and if it's with keyboard and mouse and runs on the same servers as main WoW it'll make no difference to us on PC.

GPU side yes it can run WoW. I'm not sure the CPU side would be so forgiving.

The amazing aspect of consoles is that all the games are true multicore optimised, utilising HSA design on the hardware adds some serious grunt behind that as well.

World of Warcraft sadly is still predominantly single core focused and yes it does use more cores it just doesn't do it well enough to be suitable on a console.
12/11/2018 14:16Posted by Oer
If Bliz is smart they port to a console, but not an existing one, bc then you negate the benefits. A dedicated console, made by themselves (design). Optimized for wow, and other bliz games.

You mean a steam box?
WoW is very hard on the processor (specifically a single core) and that's not where consoles shine.

Basically consoles are just cheap junk, with games optimized to death so they can actually run -SOMEWHAT- acceptably, for people that either don't want to mess with a PC and it's quirks, or don't want to spend that kind of money.

My last console was an SNES (tho you can't really compare the times as console software back then was 100% exclusive and alot higher quality imo), upgraded to a PC when I was 16 years old (P II 300 MHz my first PC <3 ) and haven't looked back.
FFXIV is on PS4 and works fine so no reason WOW couldnt be streamlined to work on consoles at all. Its a good idea,WOW has been haemorrhaging subs for a long time,if bringing it to console brought a new audience why shouldnt they? We all want the game to flourish and its not like people in LFG/LFR even bother to say word to each other anyway so no chat wouldnt be a loss would it.
I would love this if nothing was dumbed down.
WOW on Xbox and/or Playstation would be better than WOW on mobile, just my two cents.
12/11/2018 19:07Posted by Orlen
12/11/2018 14:16Posted by Oer
If Bliz is smart they port to a console, but not an existing one, bc then you negate the benefits. A dedicated console, made by themselves (design). Optimized for wow, and other bliz games.

You mean a steam box?

No, i mean a dedicated console. Basically a small pc, specifically designed to run wow. Would have a lot of advantages and the cost can be fairly low. And B could make a bit of money on the hardware too. And less tech/dev support needed, bc everyone would be playing on the same machine.
It would require quite an investment though and to be optimal, youd have to bypass existing M$ bs. So yea, a linux distro, tailored, springs to mind.
12/11/2018 13:59Posted by Fluxiev
Hi,

Since xbox one is supporting keyboard/mouse, i think it could be very nice to have wow on xbox one and especially on xbox one x and for those who don't have a gaming pc..

Thanks

Ok
and
No
you welcome
12/11/2018 20:29Posted by Mandery
I would love this if nothing was dumbed down.

Just dump current wow there then its quite dumbed down should work fine.
12/11/2018 14:15Posted by Eighjan
12/11/2018 13:59Posted by Fluxiev
Hi,

Since xbox one is supporting keyboard/mouse, i think it could be very nice to have wow on xbox one and especially on xbox one x and for those who don't have a gaming pc..

Thanks
Up to you, if you want to pay twice as much - X-Box Live AND battle.net sub. - to play WoW; go for it.

Don't think you won't have to pay both, until Microsoft buy out Blizzard (might not be that bad a move, to be fair) &/or Activision...

You dont need a PS plus subscription to play Final Fantasy 14 just need to subscribe to the game there is no reason why WoW wouldnt be like this if it ever came to console. Plus everyone plays together which equals more players so I cant see an issue with it
You guys don't have phones?
In 2-3 expansions time when classes only have 4-5 abilities left, it'll probably happen.
12/11/2018 15:37Posted by Khaydra
2. The PC master race would go absolutely bananas. The crapstorm over Diablo Immortal just shows how vehemently opposed they are to any form of multiplatform. They have already gnashed their teeth to the gums. Do you want them to rub their gums to the jawbone?

I'm so sick of reading this ridiculous reaction to the mobile announcement. The reaction to Diablo was because they announced at a Blizzcon in front of a Diablo PC gaming community that they would be bringing out a mobile game.

If they had any common sense they'd have marketed this completely differently and I don't doubt that it will probably be a success in the mobile market.

At no point is Diablo mobile going to be multiplatform. It's a mobile only game.

There are some games which have successfully managed to multiplatform over consoles and PC.
FINE as long as they dont remove the addon support, simplify game mechanics etc etc etc etc.
what if i tell you that you can play via
controler on pc with an program/addon ,thats what im doing with my 3button DH.fckin sad.
With twitch already on both consoles add-ons wouldn't be a problem, if wow was to come on console it would more likely be Xbox one. In a way it wouldnt be a bad thing tapping into the console player base.
12/11/2018 14:32Posted by Dappysham
Just no. Console players I’m sorry to say pretty much get everything given them on a platter through MDLC. They’d hate the grind aspect of this game.

It would cost too much money to roll out updates on console not to mention a new console comes out every 6 or so months.

You know how much money it costs to roll out a patch through PS/Xbone? A LOT!

This generation don’t want MMORPG anymore. The generation of today are give me this now, I don’t want to grind, I don’t want to have to spend months getting this item ect.

Look at Battle royals, it’s micro transaction paradice.

No addon will be able to be used on console.. just because Xbone and Sony PlayStation have M/K compatible consoles doesn’t mean wow is a good idea.

It would lose blizzard too much money. That’s a fact.
add-ons are done through twitch and if am correct PS and xone have twitch
12/11/2018 20:04Posted by Mightyacorn
FFXIV is on PS4 and works fine so no reason WOW couldnt be streamlined to work on consoles at all. Its a good idea,WOW has been haemorrhaging subs for a long time,if bringing it to console brought a new audience why shouldnt they? We all want the game to flourish and its not like people in LFG/LFR even bother to say word to each other anyway so no chat wouldnt be a loss would it.

if it works then it works, it takes time for pc gamers to adapt the concept that you make more money if you have it on other devices.