Will shifting ever look good?

Druid
You just automatically turn into an animal surrounded by smoke. When leaving the form it's even worse, no smoke just instantly humanoid.

Have you seen the Terror of Darkshore cinematic? The spell effect Malfurion has when shifting is awesome. Even the Worgen Two Forms shift effect looks better.

Will we ever see anything like that? Something a bit more detailed and exciting?
13/11/2018 17:48Posted by Caedias
Will we ever see anything like that? Something a bit more detailed and exciting?

Current choice is very utilitarian. The problem giving them more detailed animation is the fact that it would take longer to shift form, when now it's basically instant, and so would discourage shifting forms.
It doesn't have to affect the GCD, you could shift as normal but it's gradual. For example, you gradually shift from the top of your body to the bottom, similar to how Malfurion does in the cinematic.
I agree it needs to be updated. I’d guess the fact we’ve seen it in an in-game cinematic that you can bet blizz have plans to update it for us players too
13/11/2018 19:56Posted by Zuzki
I agree it needs to be updated. I’d guess the fact we’ve seen it in an in-game cinematic that you can bet blizz have plans to update it for us players too

I wouldn't be so sure - we have had two expac cinematics featuring Sylvanas jumping around and flipping whilst hunters still just stand in cement and fire beige arrows.