They claim to have balanced War Mode?

General
Spy addon history shows levelling as Horde from 110-120 questing only with war mode on? 4 Alliance encountered the whole time.

Yes Ion another lie! Bit like saying "Diablo Immortals was well revived" on the investors call (I could swear I heard booing).

Bit like rushing out BFA so your quarterly earning could be spun to show amazing results for Blizzard (I mean screw it actually being ready).

Bit like when you said Priests, Shamans and Prot warriors needed major mechanical changes to them, and wait 4 months for 8.1 only to do numerical changes a hot fix 4 months earlier could achieve.

A bit like "We realise we dont communicate enough and will change this" (like you said 2 expansions earlier), and lets be honest? All that happened is us being told your right from the Ivory tower.

If people dont believe sub count as a metric, why was it such a good metric when it was at 12 million? but now after years its hidden?

Ion is out of touch with players he is great at profits and spinning bull to investors, there is no Blue representation on the EU forums outside of deleting topics they dont like (prob this one).

Well censor away, it's your job you loose when the game is no longer financially viable according to investors, and your getting closer to that by the day.

I mean a multi Billion $$$$$$$$$ company and they cant even get a new forum launch right and on time, perhaps mobile is the best thing for them?
Well there is the word Tiny in your name but you're not a Dwarf or a Gnome ?

You're a liar as well !
The only way to balance war mode for anyone is to have a few shards that are 50/50 and most shards holding 100% horde. There aren't enough alliance with WM on, and there's nothing that can be done about that. But they can avoid spreading those alliance thinly.

Assuming this is what they've gone ahead and done, it's probably better to be alliance with WM on now, since you'll always be in a 50/50 shard.

Assuming.
I don't know what are you talking about, but they made a fix for warmode at PTR. Now if THERE ARE HYPOTHETICALY A FACTION WITH MUCH MORE PLAYERS IN WARMODE THAN OTHER, then "losing" faction will get Call to Arms warmode bonus, 30% for everything.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/392758838891380736/512367051675795456/c8b6e7e9f2252f24e520a612c15576b5.png
15/11/2018 10:11Posted by Alewin
The only way to balance war mode for anyone is to have a few shards that are 50/50 and most shards holding 100% horde. There aren't enough alliance with WM on, and there's nothing that can be done about that. But they can avoid spreading those alliance thinly.

Assuming this is what they've gone ahead and done, it's probably better to be alliance with WM on now, since you'll always be in a 50/50 shard.

Assuming.

It's better to be alliance with warmode on if what you want is encounters with the other faction. However, if you just want the bonus without the hassle, it's better to be horde.

That being said, the only way to achieve balance in a way were one faction isn't always outnumbered is to shard it so that some shards are even and the rest of the outnumbering faction's players are on shards with 100% players of that faction. Obviously.

And that explains why it makes sense that a horde player can go 110-120 with barely seeing alliance at all.

Their solution makes sense and the communication from Ion is accurate. I just wish they communicated it in a way that would wake alliance up and turn warmode back on again.
What Ion said is that any shards that have alliance in them at all will be balanced, but that there's a load of shards now with only horde in them.

Unlike any time before, people actually got very hostile when I started killing them in warmode. And by hostile, I don't mean fighting back and engaging in PvP - I mean just standing still, doing /spit, /sigh, etc. as if they somehow felt they were entitled to the Warmode bonus and were annoyed that anybody would attempt to slow them down by killing them in Warmode.

That, to me, was the moment I realised Warmode has failed. But Warmode has not failed because of an issue inherent to Warmode - Warmode has failed because of faction imbalance, and faction imbalance has come about due to the racials and the competitiveness of high-end players, and the desire for lower-end players to be able to interact with those higher level players, and this of course recurses all the way down.
Blizzard claim a lot of things...
They claim to have balanced War Mode?

No they don't.
15/11/2018 10:54Posted by Senden
Blizzard claim a lot of things...

I know even i can claim that i will unite the whole North and South and Eastern Europe together but we all know thats never going to happen XD in the same way they claim alot of things as a diversion.
it can be balanced but alliance are too scared to turn it on, blame your alliance friends for the unbalance and getting ganked in warmode.
...and faction imbalance has come about due to the racials and the competitiveness of high-end players, and the desire for lower-end players to be able to interact with those higher level players, and this of course recurses all the way down.

Not saying you're wrong, but how many expansions has it been since humans got Every Man For Himself and most really serious PvP players went to alliance? x)

These things move in cycles. 9.0 will probably have alliance as the go-to faction for racials again. Because it is in Blizzard's interest to have people pay to faction swap every couple of years. Balance brings stagnation brings lack of additional service purchases.

/cynicism
15/11/2018 11:29Posted by Ãve
it can be balanced but alliance are too scared to turn it on, blame your alliance friends for the unbalance and getting ganked in warmode.

Ok so blame us for not wanting to get ganked so we should be masochists and take it in?.

To be fair, when we had PvE and PvP realms, it was common knowledge that more horde were on PvP and more alliance were on PvE.

It's silly to moan about players who rolled on a PvE realm not opting to change to a PvP realm just because it's now free to do so. They don't enjoy that experience and never asked for it to be made available to them.
If you want to play in warmode, Horde is there waiting for you.
15/11/2018 11:31Posted by Yolandass
Ok so blame us for not wanting to get ganked so we should be masochists and take it in?.

Given how many players leave a battleground immediately when discovering the alliance team is russian, I can assure you that horde don't actually enjoy being ganked either.

But it's a known social phenomenon that if you think societies are equal, you're probably on the side with all the advantages.

warmode is all about getting banked, on both sides people get ganked but onley the alliance cry about it and then turns off warmode.
15/11/2018 10:18Posted by Jinziggor
I don't know what are you talking about, but they made a fix for warmode at PTR. Now if THERE ARE HYPOTHETICALY A FACTION WITH MUCH MORE PLAYERS IN WARMODE THAN OTHER, then "losing" faction will get Call to Arms warmode bonus, 30% for everything.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/392758838891380736/512367051675795456/c8b6e7e9f2252f24e520a612c15576b5.png

Yes. Because if your class is absolutely unplayable against litteraly anything in 1v1 scenario, then for sure 30% to everything going to fix this problem in 10v1 scenario. Which is happening in every.single.worldquest.area.

And for those zugzug idiots like Ãve..pls go try level up ali character with wm on. Not a stealth one...just class that have to deal with oposite faction. And then come back tell us how much fun it was.
15/11/2018 10:18Posted by Jinziggor

Yes. Because if your class is absolutely unplayable against litteraly anything in 1v1 scenario, then for sure 30% to everything going to fix this problem in 10v1 scenario. Which is happening in every.single.worldquest.area.

And for those zugzug idiots like Ãve..pls go try level up ali character woth wm on. Not a stealth one...just class that have to deal with oposite faction. And then come back tell us how much fun it was.

have been ganked enough times by alliance while lvling up 2 characters to 120 and i dont cry about it and i still have warmode on, many other hordes also get ganked and still have warmode on so its pretty much the carebear mentality of the alliance players.
15/11/2018 11:40Posted by Ãve

warmode is all about getting banked, on both sides people get ganked but onley the alliance cry about it and then turns off warmode.

Excuse me for not being able to fight 20v1.

And for those zugzug idiots like Ãve..pls go try level up ali character woth wm on. Not a stealth one...just class that have to deal with oposite faction. And then come back tell us how much fun it was.

have been ganked enough times by alliance while lvling up 2 characters to 120 and i dont cry about it and i still have warmode on, many other hordes also get ganked and still have warmode on so its pretty much the carebear mentality of the alliance players.

So excuse me for having a brain and not letting you 10vs me and liking it :) how sadistic you seem.