8.1 DKs, its time to bring back the presences

Tides of Vengeance PTR General Discussion
I dont get why Blizzard had to remove such an iconic thing from DKs. I miss switching between them in PVP and PVE. I think with a little tweaks they will work perfectly in the current stat of DKs, which lets be honest.. is bad.

Here are my suggestions for 8.1

Blood presence - reduce damage taken by 10% and increase your health by 10%
Frost presence - increase your damage by 10% and increase the runic power regen.
Unholy presence - increase your haste by 10%, reduce the global cooldown by 0.5sec and increase your movement speed by 10%

On top of that bring back the Unholy Aura that was increasing the attack power of your raid group. Same as Warrior's buff. Right now we are bringing only a grip to the raid and its not working most of the time. Something like this will help and give a reason to bring DKs.

As for presences, i think they will fix some of the core issues of the class. If you need a little bit of mobility - switch to UH presence, if you are in PVP and the other team is focusing you - sacrafice the damage buff from the other presences and switch to Blood.

UH Presence reducing the GCD and increasing the haste will help a lot. Right now Unholy feels so slow and clunky...
You must have been done lots of calculation to suggest something like

Unholy presence - increase your haste by 10%, reduce the global cooldown by 0.5sec and increase your movement speed by 10%

/s

With the change in the GCD you seriously think that a passive power like that would not be absolutely unbalanced? I don't understand how some people have the face to comes up and say their piece just showing how little they understand of game mechanics.
1. Reducing GCD will never ever be put back in as a PASSIVE/Permant thing, especially not after they made sure to ruin the fun of everyone by adding their !@#$ty timers.

2. They removed the Auras because they didn't want players to switch back and forth (Making DPS speccs tanky for one), as a result DKs, Monks and Warriors lost their stance dancing ability and it won't return either. But the abilities from the Auras/Stances were put into each specc as a passive skill.

Also are you actually playing your own class? DKs bring an instant Battle Rez.
15/10/2018 04:25Posted by Valréan

ROFL do you even think before posting !@#$?

30 Runic Power
40 yd range
Instant cast
10 min cooldown
Requires Death Knight
Requires level 72
Pours dark energy into a dead target, reuniting spirit and body to allow the target to reenter battle with 60% health and 20% mana.

You call that a competetive CR?
15/10/2018 10:09Posted by Lolalu
15/10/2018 04:25Posted by Valréan

ROFL do you even think before posting !@#$?

30 Runic Power
40 yd range
Instant cast
10 min cooldown
Requires Death Knight
Requires level 72
Pours dark energy into a dead target, reuniting spirit and body to allow the target to reenter battle with 60% health and 20% mana.

You call that a competetive CR?

Did you read the part about INSTANT CAST? Druids have to cast their own and sometimes you want to pick the Tank up ASAP if he dies, so yes, IT IS a competition and you are utterly stupid if you think that an INSTANT rez is not good.

do you even think before posting !@#$?
Oh yeah a 2sec CR without Cost to Full V.s. Insta Cr with Cost to 60/20
seems you know you !@#$ concerning Utility ;)
15/10/2018 13:34Posted by Lolalu

Apparently you never raided if you don't think 2 seconds can make the difference (2 seconds are usually enough to kill a few people in a raid or a m+ dungeon)

And that's 2 seconds where the Healer can't heal or do DPS while yours is instant.

But I am not going to argue with someone that hides on a low level DK alt instead of using the main DK while constantly !@#$%ing about DKs being too weak despite having the Top Tank specc and one good DPS specc.

You obviously don't know ^-*! about utility if you can't see the value of an instant rez, This conversation is over.
Blizzard will do nothing for DK's. Blizzard listens to kids only. They say they want the game accessible to casual players, that's why they have made all this changes. Well, i am a casual player and i am not satisfied at all. They rather do all these changes to classes that are most played by kids under 12 years, to get them a boost and make them cry to their mommies that they want another month and they leave other classes to rot, DK for example. DK is dead, no one plays DK anymore. In pvp you don't exist as a DK. Most of other players jump in and give examples of burst dmg and stupid things like this..well mother lover, WE CANNOT MOVE TO REACH THE TARGET AND BURST. WE ARE SLOWER THAN THE DAMN CRITERS! No changes at all? At least delete the damn class if you forgot about it and be done with it. I played DK for quite some expansions now, barely got through Legion, but damn, in BFA i can't get myself to lvl the character. I'm at 111 since BFA release. Why the love is Blizzard trying to make us reroll or force us to play Blood? I know there are some high skilled DK players in the charts for the pvp, but only because they are high skilled. So, in order to play PVP i need to have high skills? What the love happened with the casual motto Blizz is promoting for quite a few expansions till date?
Meh stances/auras were also removed (ok auras are now a talent), I for one don't really miss presences. It's more or less merged with our talents, so yeh *shrug* not to fuzzed.
15/10/2018 13:39Posted by Valréan
15/10/2018 13:34Posted by Lolalu

Apparently you never raided if you don't think 2 seconds can make the difference (2 seconds are usually enough to kill a few people in a raid or a m+ dungeon)

And that's 2 seconds where the Healer can't heal or do DPS while yours is instant.

But I am not going to argue with someone that hides on a low level DK alt instead of using the main DK while constantly !@#$%ing about DKs being too weak despite having the Top Tank specc and one good DPS specc.

You obviously don't know ^-*! about utility if you can't see the value of an instant rez, This conversation is over.

I rather have 2 sec cast than instant which cost runic power. We can make some math here for frost dk its 2 gcd spend on cr for blood its 2-3 gcd for both its like 3 or more sec.
In dungeons not in raids you can be in situation as tank where you cr healer and you will die as tank or you will not cr healer and your group die...
You cant ress people in world content if you arent in combat because you cant generate runic power without attacking.
I have no problem with cr with some cost but it should cost runes not runic power.
https://wow.gamepedia.com/Patch_6.0.2 CTRL+F search the word; removed. and realise why you aren't having much class identity anymore.
There are far more obvious problems with Frost/Unholy. Blood is in a good spot.

I'd much rather see some new spells added.
28/10/2018 06:42Posted by Horrible

yeah blood is doing really well to a point they are getting nerfed, personally though i think unholy feels really nice to play just needs a tad bit of tweaking around Army and what not to bring it up to the same level as other class/specs.

i have not played frost much so i cannot comment
If DKs are getting their presences back, I want my Seals and Auras back too. Or atleast my seals.
You guys are doing okay in the Arena Championship tournament so far though? Is it the design of the class you guys are not okay with?
30/10/2018 14:51Posted by Soloxero
28/10/2018 06:42Posted by Horrible

yeah blood is doing really well to a point they are getting nerfed, personally though i think unholy feels really nice to play just needs a tad bit of tweaking around Army and what not to bring it up to the same level as other class/specs.

i have not played frost much so i cannot comment

I want a talent or so that brings back dot extending instead of worse version of old combo points called wounds.