Hi I'm a healer and I don't want to DPS

General
Hi Bli$$ard,

I hope you are well..

I chose to play as a healer, why do I feel force to do DPS in M+? If I want to DPSing I will play as a DPS...

I want to be a healer and just heal and support my team.. may be you should improve your boss mobs or whatever to force us to healr more or give us another spells to support the team when there is nothing to heal.

Thanks
Ye, I kinda hate the Blood DK/Prot Pally self heal meta where you have to fill in with DPS too. Or feeling forced to Disc because you dip into the DPS requirements.
Nerf Shamans!!! ^^
If you refuse to contribute by dpsing in low damage periods then you're a newb.

The idea of M+ is to finish it as quickly as possible, or at leastone time. Its everybodies job to help with that. I'll be honest, you sound like an unhelpful civil servant at a desk saying "not my jerb!!!"

As if to prove my point, your best is a depleted 10. Maybe you could have done it on time if you'd dps'd!
Please Blizzard remove Ice Barrier. If I want to shield myself I will play a priest.

On Topic:
Totematico is the perfect example of a bad player.
27/10/2018 18:41Posted by Totematico
Hi Bli$$ard,

I hope you are well..

I chose to play as a healer, why do I feel force to do DPS in M+? If I want to DPSing I will play as a DPS...

I want to be a healer and just heal and support my team.. may be you should improve your boss mobs or whatever to force us to healr more or give us another spells to support the team when there is nothing to heal.

Thanks

Less QQ and more PEWPEW
this is the type of role playing that wow does not need
if only i had 10 gold for every time i had to switch to defensive stance and taunt something

you should be doing everything in your power to succeed
as a player who played a holy paladin i was proud as $*#$ to see holy paladins top DPS at the MDI in legion
going "full ocd" does not make things better for anyone, some legit ocd cases excluded, you are a minority my dudes the game (any game) cannot revolve around you
M+ is a challange to finish dungeon in timer. So you cant stand still or afk while other beating their as.s off.
To be honest, i dont like specs requires dps to heal in their rotation. Example disc priest, a bit holy pala.
But you are definitely wrong. If you say you wont dps before start key. Most of the serious mythic plus players will kick you and look for a new healer.
This is the prime example of the current playerbase literally scrubs...
So you want more fires to happen so you can put them all out.
this is crazy. dream job for a healer when no heal is needed!
The game might just not be for you then. In every piece of endgame content, be it raiding or mythic+, you will need to dps when the time allows.

Part of the job of a good healer is to recognize when you can afford to DPS instead of healing for a while. In higher end content, every bit of damage helps.

If you have some gameplay objection to getting your character to perform optimally, that's nominally fine but don't expect to be considered for higher end content then.
Healers should not be exempt from the ‘always be casting’ rule.

In the old days, damaging spells cost valuable mana, so it was ok to save your mana for heals.

Nowadays, you can dps to your hearts content without affecting your healing potential.

You have been given more power, if you don’t use it you are wasting a valuable group resource.
aaaaaaaand that makes you the kind of healer, that i do not want to have in my group.
It's like saying, why should a tank have to DPS when all he wants to do is tank. D: REMOVE ALL DAMAGE from tanks and exchange the damage for threat only.

:DDDD
just wait for classic

there is no dps for healers in classic, they have proper support skills instead
Try some heroic raids or +10 keys.
28/10/2018 09:45Posted by Gaudigurke
just wait for classic

there is no dps for healers in classic, they have proper support skills instead

You mean like prot pallys?
That only buff all day long
and in between slap the boss with that one hand weapon only, just to apply their judgement?

@and yes, you could literally view them as healers, because you only needed 20 point in the holy tree for everything necessary, rest was just as useful as christmas tree decoration: stuff to not make a tree look empty. and for tanking they were useless
As a Tank, I don't feel I should be doing both DPS and Healing. Why should I have mitigation when I have a healer in the group? :P
I'd die of boredom if i'd have to stand around doing nothing while my healer buddies whip out their big CDs or i'm trying to conserve mana during times of low dmg.