Classic-style quest text

Classic Discussion
So you remember that scrolling/fading quest text, where you had to wait for all of it to appear, before accepting a quest?

The good news, there is an addon for retail that brings it back. The difference is that you don't have to wait before accepting, because you can always click the mouse to skip the scrolling and accept it right away.

Just take a sneak peek into how it's going to work in Classic:

https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/scrolling-quest-text
There was always a quick quest text option in the interface tab as far as I remember.

PS: or perhaps i missed your point.
28/10/2018 14:42Posted by Timoris
There was always a quick quest text option in the interface tab as far as I remember.

This is correct. As far as I can remember it has always been there because it was always enabled from the start when I created a new character I think. I would assume that most people just don't care for having slow text because they don't even read it.
Yes, the slow quest text was the default. The first thing I always did with a new char was to enable the quick quest text.
28/10/2018 14:39Posted by Irondverg
So you remember that scrolling/fading quest text, where you had to wait for all of it to appear, before accepting a quest?

The good news, there is an addon for retail that brings it back. The difference is that you don't have to wait before accepting, because you can always click the mouse to skip the scrolling and accept it right away.

Not sure if you ever checked interface option but this function was already in there begin of 2005

Yes, instant quest text.
BTW, none of vanilla addons will work with classic wow. It's legion client with new API. Just saying to you and others to not be surprised.

yes, so you could disable it. But as of 4.0.1, there is no option, and quest is instant and you can't make it scroll and fade without an addon.

28/10/2018 15:44Posted by Woiiderlaia

Not sure if you ever checked interface option but this function was already in there begin of 2005

yes, it was there, but is not anymore

BY THE WAY, it is an addon for today, so why people are arguing about the past?
28/10/2018 16:07Posted by Irondverg

yes, so you could disable it. But as of 4.0.1, there is no option, and quest is instant and you can't make it scroll and fade without an addon.

28/10/2018 15:44Posted by Woiiderlaia

yes, it was there, but is not anymore

BY THE WAY, it is an addon for today, so why people are arguing about the past?

Because barely someone know what is this thread about.
1., you are posting addons for BfA client 8.0.1
2., addons for classic wow does not exist yet obviously, because game is not even in beta phase
3., more developers of addons tells this: Wow classic is a mixture of 7.3.5 API client and 1.12.1 database, we dont have addons yet, but we will make them for sure.
Well it's pretty well described in the OP what is this thread about.

there is an addon for retail that brings it back

Yeah I miss that feature, too. After some time I used to turn it off anyway but it showed how quest text was considered more important back then.

Yes, I hated it and instantly after first time seeing it. Instantly went to options to see if there's something I can do about it.
28/10/2018 16:14Posted by Strahnbrad
Well it's pretty well described in the OP what is this thread about.

there is an addon for retail that brings it back

Yeah I miss that feature, too. After some time I used to turn it off anyway but it showed how quest text was considered more important back then.

the thing is, you had to turn on "instant quest text", because you always had to wait it out before accepting any quest, including quests shared from group, etc.

But this addon lets you SKIP the waiting if you are in a hurry.