Sub PvP

Rogue
Is it normal that I can't 1 on 1 anyone unless they are very low in hp and I burst rush them? I feel like my dmg is crap
From what i read, sub is pretty bad.
But cheers, you still have two viable specs left!
Try DK, you will not complain about rogue anymore, haha..
I am leveling DK
30/10/2018 08:13Posted by Jaguaryokota
Is it normal that I can't 1 on 1 anyone unless they are very low in hp and I burst rush them? I feel like my dmg is crap

That's because it IS crap...

Sustained damage is non-existent and our "burst" damage is pathetic compared to other specs (who also have great utility).
Literally the only thing we have going for us right now is our CC.

We have no burst because Evis was double nerfed and because Phantom Assassin was nerfed Evis hardly ever crits.

The only way i know of you can pull off reliable burst damage right now as is to stack azerite pieces with the "First Dance" trait which practically guarantees you an eviscerate crit. You then stack mastery as priority on all your gear and gem mastery so the crit hits hard.

But guess what....8.1 patch, First dance trait nerfed into ground and PA removed from game meaning we lose another 10% crit chance....

It's like they want to delete Sub form PvP completely...
[quote="176234873585"]
But guess what....8.1 patch, First dance trait nerfed into ground and PA removed from game meaning we lose another 10% crit chance....

You are joking right? Can you source this please.
30/10/2018 11:01Posted by Smoke
[quote]

Its on the second page of MMO-Champion among the huge list of azerite trait changes on PTR fpr patch 8.1.0

The First Dance Shadow Dance grants an additional 0 critical strike rating to the first Eviscerate, Shadowstrike, or Shuriken Storm used during it. Activating Shadow Dance grants you 2 Combo Points and increases your Haste by 0 for its duration.

Yes. Haste......

As for phantom assassin, whether its intended or not, it no longer an option among the Sub rogue PvP talents on PTR.
Btw is Retaliatory Fury bad as a trait for PvP?
30/10/2018 11:48Posted by Jaguaryokota
Btw is Retaliatory Fury bad as a trait for PvP?

Hard to know what is going to be a good trait come 8.1

Bottom lime for Sub is we need to Crit for our damage to have any worth so I'd say any trait that gives extra crit.....if there is any left...

Given that were losing 10% crit to the removal of Phantom Assassin though, we're going to have a hard time getting anything to crit anyway.
Sub has damage when you blow literally every cooldown you have and onuse trinkets preferably with mastery procs and have base mastery of 60%+ and your priest puts up dark.

Outside that window you do mediocre damage and are a cc bot. Your disc priest given enough time will outdamage you or be equal to your damage. You also have only a few chances to win. I think Nahj is the only rogue I see still trying it and in 8.1 if they truly gut PA and first dance sub I think will be dead.

Suffice to say i havent even played sub yet cos I was on holiday before it got destroyed :( FeelsBadMan

Its on the second page of MMO-Champion among the huge list of azerite trait changes on PTR fpr patch 8.1.0

The First Dance Shadow Dance grants an additional 0 critical strike rating to the first Eviscerate, Shadowstrike, or Shuriken Storm used during it. Activating Shadow Dance grants you 2 Combo Points and increases your Haste by 0 for its duration.

Yes. Haste......

As for phantom assassin, whether its intended or not, it no longer an option among the Sub rogue PvP talents on PTR.

I have no words for this.
I miss being able to play the spec I enjoy.

0 communication about this from Blizzard either.

BG
Last time I was Sub in pvp I actually remember someone /laugh at me after my stunlock/all cds. They were still abot 60/70% ..
09/11/2018 19:40Posted by Nank
Last time I was Sub in pvp I actually remember someone /laugh at me after my stunlock/all cds. They were still abot 60/70% ..

A friends of mine (who plays mage) told me, as a long time rogue hater, he would now happily sit through a Sub rogue "stunlock" as they knew they were not gomna take enough damage to worry them.

1v1 Everyone i come across in PvP just happily sits through CS/KS "damage" and has a little bit of a laugh before turning round and destroying and blowing me up.

Sub rogue needs buffs to burst damage but no.............8.1 sees further damage nerfs....
R.I.P subtlety, mate
30/10/2018 08:58Posted by Simulacrum
From what i read, sub is pretty bad.
But cheers, you still have two viable specs left!
Try DK, you will not complain about rogue anymore, haha..

True, you will complain about everything and everybody...maybe except shadow priests.
Still have some room for rbgs below 2.5k or so