Just leave

General
I'd rather be in a game with 25K players who take the game 100% seriously, than 2 million who play WoW '...'cos it's just another game' -- quality aces quantity every time.
03/11/2018 13:06Posted by Shortbolts
03/11/2018 13:01Posted by Bruuz
Again, you're confused.
The community didn't start this fight.
Blizzard initiated it, by making a lot of unpopular choices.

Don't lash out at people who voice their concern.
Be glad they do. Companies are a little deaf and slow on the uptake. If it weren't for the vocal consumers, companies would fall asleep behind the wheel. We're REALLY trying for the game not to crash into a wall.

But, that's the problem though. The complaints started off normal, but now people just complain about every little thing that gets done to the game, and then compares it to the end of other expansions.

People did nothing but complain about Legion, WoD, MoP, Cata (Dunno about the rest, didn't play back then). Every expansion, every patch, there's always the WoW is dead type people. And yet, I've seen a LOT of people say Legion was a good expansion, WoD had it's good points, MoP was a good expansion and Cata had it's good points.

It always happens, no matter what. People are just not satisfied anymore, no matter WHAT Blizzard do. If they made a completely new WoW, people would find something to complain about, like "I have to start from the beginning, why can't I transfer my characters over" and other things like this.

They've tried a few new things in BFA, and are slowly working on the problems. This was the first day of Blizzcon, and yet people are in an uproar and saying Blizzard isn't doing anything good/fun.

This guys is Probably Hidden Blizzard Forum Agent
People are just not satisfied anymore, no matter WHAT Blizzard do. If they made a completely new WoW, people would find something to complain about, like "I have to start from the beginning, why can't I transfer my characters over" and other things like this.

They've tried a few new things in BFA, and are slowly working on the problems. This was the first day of Blizzcon, and yet people are in an uproar and saying Blizzard isn't doing anything good/fun.
Fair weather supporters - that's what we call them in the UK; if everything's going their way, they're 100% happy - one aspect has a minor slip & the whole world's gone to s**t.

If you fit into that category, offer some insight into what would improve it, rather than going ape on what you don't like/has gone wrong... learn how to complain, correctly, rather than act like a 3yo who has been told "no more Jelly Babies!"
Yeah that's what I'm doing m8 :)

Play a month on launch, then go on 1,5 year long hiatus and come back in the final patch when the devs just throw gear at you and remove all the crude grinds from the game.

I loved 7.3.5. Boosted a char, did some Argus quests, after 12 hours played i had 925 ilvl which was more than enough for me. Could do any content i wanted to do, including some normal modes and low mythic+. Reaching artifact level 75 wasn't too grindy either.

Now the game just isn't fun to play for me. I won 7 bgs and a couple of brawls, opened many boxes...got 0 items out of them. Nothing, just 70 gold and 1 mark of honor in each. 8.0 feels like 7.4, except this patch also took away a lot (i mean A LOT) of character customization and fun effects.

Ill just come back in 8.3.5 again. It's been a theme since at least MOP, where the expansion beginning is almost unplayable, while the end is OK. Patch 5.4 - timeless isle !@#$ was entirely optional. Patch 6.2 - tanaan jungle entirely optional. Patch 7.3.5 - argus just a bunch of story, then optional content. No grinds. In the meantime - 5.0 - horrific daily quest grind, 6.0 - horrific apexis crystal grind, 7.0 - horrific articat power grind.

That has been the preferred way to play WoW since like 2013 for me. Also, this way I do not get burnt out by 14 month long final patches because I only play them for 5-6 months tops.
03/11/2018 13:16Posted by Tetrahydrö
This guys is Probably Hidden Blizzard Forum Agent

Ha, you should go through my posts from other threads, that would point to the fact that I am not a "hidden Blizzard Forum Agent". I'm just someone who enjoys the game and am defending the game that I enjoy. I WORK FOR BLIZZRD GUYS! WHERE'S MY PAYCHECK!
03/11/2018 12:15Posted by Shortbolts
All people that are doing nothing but complaining about the game should just leave the game, that'll teach Blizzard!

And whilst you do that, me, and plenty of other people will then be able to continue enjoying the game we love, without having to sit and listen to the cries of people wanting the silver platter treatment! :D

People who complain and make the I quit threads loves the game more than you do, your love simply is cheaper than theirs.
03/11/2018 13:18Posted by Esubane
Ill just come back in 8.3.5 again. It's been a theme since at least MOP, where the expansion beginning is almost unplayable, while the end is OK. Patch 5.4 - timeless isle !@#$ was entirely optional. Patch 6.2 - tanaan jungle entirely optional. Patch 7.3.5 - argus just a bunch of story, then optional content. No grinds. In the meantime - 5.0 - horrific daily quest grind, 6.0 - horrific apexis crystal grind, 7.0 - horrific articat power grind.
You see a pattern & you fail to act on your obvious conclusion... you'll still be back for the launch of 9.0, 'cos you can't break the addiction cycle: you'd get more kudos for having the undercarriage to NOT be around for 9.0, but I doubt you have the insight to not fall for what you undoubtedly will see as bait to make you buy into another expansion.
03/11/2018 13:23Posted by Dawnstone
People who complain and make the I quit threads loves the game more than you do, your love simply is cheaper than theirs.

Yes, obviously, since they're the ones who are quitting and I'm not. No, people who complain and make the "I quit" threads are just seeking attention. Nothing more. 9/10 times, after their "I quit" thread, they STILL play the game.

Also, why is my love "Cheaper" than theirs? Because I actually enjoy the game, that makes it cheaper than someone who is more than willing to up and leave the moment some things go wrong? Pretty sure it's the other way round.
03/11/2018 13:23Posted by Dawnstone
Hardcore supporters of anything will be the last ones playing the game before the servers are shut down for ever - public "I quit" posters are just looking for others to reinforce their decisions because they lack 100% conviction of their choices - simple as that.
All people that are doing nothing but complaining about the game should just leave the game, that'll teach Blizzard!

And whilst you do that, me, and plenty of other people will then be able to continue enjoying the game we love, without having to sit and listen to the cries of people wanting the silver platter treatment! :D

Or you could stop whining and complaining about people expressing their displeasure with the game, which they are entitled to do.

Like, maybe not read the unhappy posts? Maybe you should stay away from the forums if you cannot discern which threads you will dislike.

HINT - stay away from threads entitled 'I'm done!' and 'Bye Blizz'.
The OP is probably correct, if you don't like the game then don't play, but it doesn't mean that they cannot post constructive suggestions on the forums. That said, if the posts are not constructive and are posts trying to make the game something that it isn't anymore then its just useless spamming. The game is quite old now, it is not going to be a game that you can start at the beginning of a new expansion and play every single night for hours on end with exciting new things to do. Unfortunately it has all been done and the old player base unfortunately now has to adapt or move on as things are not going to change much. I have played since vanilla (with breaks) and have adapted in this expansion to play often, but play very casual and I too am now at a stage where I will now need to take a break soon (normally to Diablo, but OMFG NOT MOBILE!!!!!). The current wow game is just not going to give us what we had in the past, but if it does then you guys done well in making it happen, but it wont I am afraid. I think the bigger issue is that we just cannot leave totally as there is nothing else out there and this helps this game last at least another expansion before going totally Free to Play.
Yeah, the forums have become a puke bucket for negativity. :(

But working as intended, the GMs even direct people here.
agree with OP, its just poisonous now

if you want to leave; leave, if not; say your piece then shut up
03/11/2018 12:16Posted by Penya
use me as the downvote button.

Most useful comment tbh.
People did nothing but complain about Legion, WoD, MoP, Cata (Dunno about the rest, didn't play back then).

I can attest to the fact that everyone seemed to hate WotLK when it was live as well (which is when I started playing official). I remember how weird I found it that a mere 2 expansions later, it was hailed as the pinnacle of (mmorpg) gaming history.

the game you love is loooong gone, i'm sorry to tell you this, but the game you are playing now is a MMO rentition of diablo, completely stream lined rotations with the same talent system, and mythic + is greater rifts. so if the game you love is diablo, then yeah sure carry on a head.

but wow died with the release of Legion. classes are the most important thing in wow, and the foundation of classes have been cut down to its bare minimum, the house of cards is gonna fall hard, because it has no ground to stand on.
Censoring critique by having the people that voice it leave isn't the way to go, OP.

I do agree the forum could do with less blalant toxicity. But this stems from the fact people cant let other people have anything anymore. Look at the Quel'Dorei request threats and how much un-warranted hate those get.

People get hurt/offended/angry at things that really even shouldn't hurt them. That's what making this forum so toxic. Really, what happened to live and let live?

The internet happened, I suppose. Where you can be the biggest !@# without any kind of consequence.

Sure, investing part of your income and free time in so called quality entertainment is clearly silver platter treatment. It's all there for free. None has to work to get the money, it just rains down from the sky. You can also gather some from the trees around your house.

I wonder how long you will be able to enjoy your game without all the disappointed customers paying in hopes to get closer to what they expect from Blizzard.

No one forces you to read all the QQ either, nor to take Blizzard's defense. I mean if you love the game so much, what are you even doing here on the forum? What's your point? Do you think you will be able to change people's minds and expectations?

There's a word that defines your original post : Trolling.
The reason you’re complaining is because of the huge wave of negativity on the forum right now.

So don’t click the negative posts and go on the one looking nice!

Oh wait....

There are almost none.

How about making one instead of another qq thread about qq?
This game is going downhill for a lot of people and they’re voicing their opinion which they have the right to do. No one put a gun on your head and told you to read it all and to argue with it.

But if you have the feeling it’s flooding the forum then it’s also an indicator that things are not going right: if game was perfect there would not be all those threads.

Just deal with people having different opinion than you do.

All I read is an entitled brat who cant accept he has become for at least a certain period of time a minority. More people are voicing disliking than liking the game.
If it’s vocal minority syndrome than voice your positivity otherwise accept the fact you won’t be seeing many nice threads.

But never make thread about asking others to shut up. Especially when you’re no the boss around. The same way I respect you posting you love battle pets (example, I don’t care if you do), I’m not going to come on every battle pet thread and spam stupid and offending nonsense. So let negative people be negative.

If you’re enjoying the game so much as you claim, then why are you not enjoying it right now and you’re spending time whining about meaningless whiners?

All in all, your logical reasoning is skewed, you behave like Hitler and you’re behaving not better but I would say even worst than the ones you’re complaining about.
By all means, keep giving them your money if you're enjoying it. There are millions of people who've become disenfranchised with it, though, and for good reason.