Realistic nerfs that need to happen

Arenas
General - Either trait stacking needs to go or azerite traits have to be accessible to everyone(azerite traits rerolling or vendors), so stupid that PvP content is gated behind rng/farming the right gear with the right offensive and defensive traits (which might never drop). Defensive traits play too much of a part in winning or losing a match, even in ladder and on lower ratings and getting the right pieces with the perfect offensive and defensive traits is like impossible.

Classes:

DH - Nerf sustained dmg, could consider slightly buffing his burst(not sure)
Rshaman - No idea here, never played healer, but rshaman is currently being played into EVERY comp, outclassing every other healer by far in almost every aspect, comes with a crazy kit, ranged kick, grounding/tremor, hex, needs huge nerfs to mana sustainability and heals in general, imho
Boomie - Cept for the innervate traits, i honestly feel like this spec needs a rework, 50% of your dmg comes from two instant dots that you perma apply throught istant casting, and most of the rest from an istant cast aswell(starsurge), this spec is sad af
Spriest - Good direction so far with the 8.1 changes, might result op, we'll see, way too early to judge
Ret - Just nerf the traits that allow the ret to hit for 110-120k dmg in 2 globals
Fire mage - Nerf dmg, especially dmg outside of combust. Problem with fire mage is that the pressure is never ending, i wouldn't mind the current dmg if it was for a small amount of time. Sustained dmg needs to be nerfed by 10/20% imho.

Rest of the classes are fine imho, obviously every 1500 kid is gonna cry about assassination rogue, i'm glad you all witnessed how rarely it was picked/has won any match in blizzcon. Assa looks op because fire mage is op right now. Wonder why the best(or the second best if you're a Pika fan) rogue in the world played warrior 99% of games at blizzcon..

/Edit nonetheless i'm open to discussion, keep it mature don't want to turn this thread into another flamefest
DH - Idk if you know this but DH revolves around a burst window every 30sec with stun eyebeam followed up by 10sec of meta burst. :P It's bursty dmg.
Rsham yea mana nerf and earthen totem nerf, earthen makes u immortal, too strong.
Boomy you got spot on.
Spriest idk.
Ret yea nerf the traits and make rets go haste build instead of mastery gimmick. :P
Fire mage, maybe nerf fire blast in pvp since its off gcd, also nerf the mastery trait yea? 3000 mastery sounds like way too much to get.
05/11/2018 02:45Posted by Liha
DH - Idk if you know this but DH revolves around a burst window every 30sec with stun eyebeam followed up by 10sec of meta burst. :P It's bursty dmg.
Rsham yea mana nerf and earthen totem nerf, earthen makes u immortal, too strong.
Boomy you got spot on.
Spriest idk.
Ret yea nerf the traits and make rets go haste build instead of mastery gimmick. :P
Fire mage, maybe nerf fire blast in pvp since its off gcd, also nerf the mastery trait yea? 3000 mastery sounds like way too much to get.

DH - I'm aware, i don't want a 20% dmg nerf but a slight nerf, because at the moment bursting and sustained doesn't look like a big difference, and with dh you win in late game so sustained dmg is clearly the issue/a little too high, could also be thanks to rshaman delaying the games like crazy
Fire mage - Mage fantasy has always been setting up windows through cc and trying to make the most out of these windows. Now i don't want fire mage to be a frost mage 2.0, but doesn't make much sense either that when you're playing against a fire mages and you use a defensive cd during combust/their meteor setup you still don't feel safe after it because it keeps hitting like a truck. Obviously this SHOULD be compensated by the fact that fire mage is really squishy/easy to train, but the crazy synergy with paladin allows him to live for ages(fire rmpriest are WAY more easy to beat, atleast from my experience around 2.6k mmr, while fire rmpala is just an istant loss for me, i probably have 10% winrate against it and those few wins are due to massive !@#$ups from opponent team)
Black lives matter
I mainly leveled this DH to find out how they work in BFA, so I could counter them better on my main. As you can see I don't do serious pvp with it or any hardcore M+/raiding and what I noticed that the damage azerite traits for DH are completely bonkers.

Besides the manadrain or the unpredictable iframes on blade dance, DH isen't that crazy broken damage wise until you get the good azerite traits. The difference between not having any revolving blade traits and having 3x is just tickling someone or removing 20% of somebody's hp every blade dance.

same goes for thirsting blades, I'm suprised no one runs this in pvp because if you let it stack and do your normal damage rotation you pretty much do 60~70k damage in one combo.

Another pvp fail expansion........
They played warrior in blizzcon for other reasons than that assa is bad. Dude ur just Another "all other classes need nerf". Dude assa rogues cant have great dmg, great cc, great movability and great defensives
05/11/2018 06:22Posted by Clavia
They played warrior in blizzcon for other reasons than that assa is bad. Dude ur just Another "all other classes need nerf". Dude assa rogues cant have great dmg, great cc, great movability and great defensives

I never said assa rogue is bad, i just said it doesn't require further nerfs.
They played warrior because turbo is way better than rmp this season.
same goes for thirsting blades, suprised no one runs this in pvp because if you let it stack and do your normal damage rotation you pretty much do 60~70k damage in one combo.

I agree with your other points but this is just bad. Thirsting blades takes around a minute to charge up to full, and it resets once you press Chaos strike, plus in pvp the trait is heavily toned down, thats why no one runs it.
Trait stacking is the only part that really needs to be addressed. It will always be a problem in a PvP. Nerfing them would cut burst across the board, while providing better sustained damage (people replacing stacked burst traits for sustained damage ones). You could even revert most trait nerfs as most of them became a problem while stacked.

Overall damage would most likely be lower, so buff some of the damage struggling specs (like WW monk, frost DK, ele shaman, sub rogue, and rets/frost mage sustained damage).

Then some changes here and there for some annoying stuff like:

Mana burn and blade dance for DH
Traps not eatable at all
Fury warriors AoE slow (does a spec that is hard to slow/snare really need a spammable AoE slow)
Bearform for moonkins
Greater Pyro + shimmer
Rogues 60% poison slow
Earthen wall totem
Etc.

The game would be in a better state with just those changes

And If they really wanted to make Pvp more attractive and requiring higher skill, a good unpruning/looking at kits would do that trick. (like all spell reflect abilities baseline but only lasting 1 sec, cyclone baseline, etc.)
vould be Good to !@#$ DH dmg output from sustain to more burst.

Thirsting blades... Stacking in pvp is imposible due to chaos strike beeing main Fury dům and second. In pvp it has like 25-30% of pve. Filly charged pve 7500 pvp 2000 for 1 370ilvl trait
You cant compare Ladder to Tournament for balance. In tournament you basically pick combs to counter others and depending on maps aswell.
Fire Mage - Can't use Ice Block during cauterize. You got a 2nd chance already, deal with it.
05/11/2018 06:28Posted by Omega
05/11/2018 06:22Posted by Clavia

I never said assa rogue is bad, i just said it doesn't require further nerfs.
They played warrior because turbo is way better than rmp this season.

Lol cmon
05/11/2018 02:30Posted by Omega
Rest of the classes are fine imho, obviously every 1500 kid is gonna cry about assassination rogue, i'm glad you all witnessed how rarely it was picked/has won any match in blizzcon. Assa looks op because fire mage is op right now. Wonder why the best(or the second best if you're a Pika fan) rogue in the world played warrior 99% of games at blizzcon..

less than 1% of the playerbase do not represent the state of the game.

Yes, you can make specs work even at higher rating, but rogue is such a forgiving spec atm that it needs a nerf like every other spec you mentioned. Rogue doesn't have any clear weaknesses compared to other specs, and it has many QoL things that should either be introduced to other specs as well (Combo points no longer stay on target, Poisons are applied automatically with great effects) or nerfed.

I'm aware that edge of insanity tanking is stupid, but if I could make competitive damage to burn people down and didn't have to worry about being cc'd due to a !@#$ty ramp-up mechanic blizzard has built into us, I'd swap there in a heartbeat.
Rsham mana getting nerfd would actually nerf quite a few of the silly comps that just damp and win.

Rsham having a strong toolkit should be a thing, other healers should have similar. But when a Rsham doesn't use half the toolkit, rotates earthen wall + humps a pillar till you run out of mana, you haven't been outplayed, you've been outclassed.

Extra specially, if they run a DH who just mana burns all game.

Mana rift being a thing is madness.
L2p Mr rogue
You are top class in pvp in every sesong

Allways top.

Dh dont need any nerf on dmg,

Assassin rogue need like 10-% more dmg nerf they are broken

Go play more arena i see yours profile. Need more improv
On pvp

Every time i read about class nerf ther is allways a noob that are on 1000-15000 rating scrub

I tips you guys. Dont. Make time on forum make on.arena ther you be better player not buy whine
General - Either trait stacking needs to go or azerite traits have to be accessible to everyone(azerite traits rerolling or vendors), so stupid that PvP content is gated behind rng/farming the right gear with the right offensive and defensive traits (which might never drop). Defensive traits play too much of a part in winning or losing a match, even in ladder and on lower ratings and getting the right pieces with the perfect offensive and defensive traits is like impossible.

Classes:

Rshaman - No idea here, never played healer, but rshaman is currently being played into EVERY comp, outclassing every other healer by far in almost every aspect, comes with a crazy kit, ranged kick, grounding/tremor, hex, needs huge nerfs to mana sustainability and heals in general, imho
Boomie - Cept for the innervate traits, i honestly feel like this spec needs a rework, 50% of your dmg comes from two instant dots that you perma apply throught istant casting, and most of the rest from an istant cast aswell(starsurge), this spec is sad af
Spriest - Good direction so far with the 8.1 changes, might result op, we'll see, way too early to judge
Ret - Just nerf the traits that allow the ret to hit for 110-120k dmg in 2 globals
Fire mage - Nerf dmg, especially dmg outside of combust. Problem with fire mage is that the pressure is never ending, i wouldn't mind the current dmg if it was for a small amount of time. Sustained dmg needs to be nerfed by 10/20% imho.

/Edit nonetheless i'm open to discussion, keep it mature don't want to turn this thread into another flamefest

Delete cheapshot or nerf rog stuns 2 secs

Think DH will be hit hard enough with Mana Rift nerfs and perhaps another slight Revolving Blades adjustment.

People here seem to forget that the worlds best DH was playing DH/Moonkin/Rsham with one of the best healers in the whole Game aswell.

Couple that with poorly tuned Traits which allow you to do two shots with Starsurge for example and you got what we currently have.
Oh look, the delusional RMP player returns! Comparing blizzcon to ladder to justify not putting Assa on your list, despite how obviously overtuned the spec is.

How do you even play 900 games and struggle going positive as RMP this season...