Realistic nerfs that need to happen

Arenas
I'm really enjoying the discussion so far, obviously ignoring the trolls, this thread looks healthy so far.

06/11/2018 11:39Posted by Coldfearxx
Kidney Shot should be 30 seconds CD with a 5 sec duration. :thinking:

That would make it like a stormbolt tho, yeah stormbolt is only 4 s but it's also ranged. I think kidney is mostly fine, if anyone asked me what should be changed about assa rogue atm i think the shrouded suffocation azerite trait is way too good for openers, getting 3 combo from a garrote is insane. Being able to cheapshot garrote(or double garrote) into kidney is insanely good, you save 1 global and energy for your burst in your opener.

06/11/2018 13:17Posted by Aggwi
There is no way SP will be op with the changes, it will be paper. Current SP gets ran over by jungle and turbo, after the patch they will just flop. It will be a glass cannon that needs to build up to become a cannon.

Yeah as i said it's too early to tell, but the changes look pretty good for the spec imho. SP current state is boring both to play and play against.
05/11/2018 14:31Posted by Atahalni
less than 1% of the playerbase do not represent the state of the game.

I would go so far as to say, it's a FRACTION of 1%, who knows, maybe 0.01%?
The competitors in these wow arena championships are 90% of the time, the exact same players! Year in, and year out, it's almost the exact same players, with mixed teams -- they swap around.

I agree, the "normal" arena ladder and these "LAN tournament" war games are entirely different "things."

To OP views, they seemed to be mostly based on tournament play, so I won't go too deeply into arguing for or against.
06/11/2018 13:37Posted by Jalisco
05/11/2018 14:31Posted by Atahalni
less than 1% of the playerbase do not represent the state of the game.

I would go so far as to say, it's a FRACTION of 1%, who knows, maybe 0.01%?
The competitors in these wow arena championships are 90% of the time, the exact same players! Year in, and year out, it's almost the exact same players, with mixed teams -- they swap around.

I agree, the "normal" arena ladder and these "LAN tournament" war games are entirely different "things."

To OP views, they seemed to be mostly based on tournament play, so I won't go too deeply into arguing for or against.

Indeed based on tournament but kinda apply to ladder aswell, to some extent.
Indeed fire mage is too OP, i have been calling against this for weeks now. I say reduce overall dmg by 30% and remove shimmer from fire mage because its OP to cast GP and teleport with them from north to south, west to east.

Also that stack fireblaster is overpowered, its does more damage than meteor. Controlled burn need to be nerfed by 20-40%.

Make combustion only crit with scorch and fireball, no other spells.
06/11/2018 13:47Posted by Ddccbbaa
Indeed fire mage is too OP, i have been calling against this for weeks now. I say reduce overall dmg by 30% and remove shimmer from fire mage because its OP to cast GP and teleport with them from north to south, west to east.

Also that stack fireblaster is overpowered, its does more damage than meteor. Controlled burn need to be nerfed by 20-40%.

Make combustion only crit with scorch and fireball, no other spells.

So just remove them from the game?

They just need to look at the Blaster master trait and fireblast in general (and fire ball damage as it's not really worth casting it), and make Gpyro not usable with shimmer, and fire would be fine. Maybe need some survivability or anti-melee buff, as they are pretty much a hit of mis spec at the moment (kill somebody in the opener, or probably die right after)
05/11/2018 02:30Posted by Omega
General - Either trait stacking needs to go or azerite traits have to be accessible to everyone(azerite traits rerolling or vendors), so stupid that PvP content is gated behind rng/farming the right gear with the right offensive and defensive traits (which might never drop). Defensive traits play too much of a part in winning or losing a match, even in ladder and on lower ratings and getting the right pieces with the perfect offensive and defensive traits is like impossible.

Classes:

DH - Nerf sustained dmg, could consider slightly buffing his burst(not sure)
Rshaman - No idea here, never played healer, but rshaman is currently being played into EVERY comp, outclassing every other healer by far in almost every aspect, comes with a crazy kit, ranged kick, grounding/tremor, hex, needs huge nerfs to mana sustainability and heals in general, imho
Boomie - Cept for the innervate traits, i honestly feel like this spec needs a rework, 50% of your dmg comes from two instant dots that you perma apply throught istant casting, and most of the rest from an istant cast aswell(starsurge), this spec is sad af
Spriest - Good direction so far with the 8.1 changes, might result op, we'll see, way too early to judge
Ret - Just nerf the traits that allow the ret to hit for 110-120k dmg in 2 globals
Fire mage - Nerf dmg, especially dmg outside of combust. Problem with fire mage is that the pressure is never ending, i wouldn't mind the current dmg if it was for a small amount of time. Sustained dmg needs to be nerfed by 10/20% imho.

Rest of the classes are fine imho, obviously every 1500 kid is gonna cry about assassination rogue, i'm glad you all witnessed how rarely it was picked/has won any match in blizzcon. Assa looks op because fire mage is op right now. Wonder why the best(or the second best if you're a Pika fan) rogue in the world played warrior 99% of games at blizzcon..

/Edit nonetheless i'm open to discussion, keep it mature don't want to turn this thread into another flamefest

1.5k kid will cry about as rogue being op? mate u play 2v2 only, thats where !@# is broken and op. too much control and dmg specialy dot dmg. Why everyone in 2v2 are playing $%^ rogues? 80% of my arena battles in 2v2 are against -*! rogues.. hmm I wonder why? Maybe cause everybody likes the @#$ playstyle? yeah right. lames and dullest spec of them all. On blizzcon u wont see rogues cause its 3v3 thats why. U have no Idea what u are talking about man. And dont call me out on my rating against urs, ur win rate is horrible for the spec u play.
05/11/2018 06:28Posted by Omega
05/11/2018 06:22Posted by Clavia
They played warrior in blizzcon for other reasons than that assa is bad. Dude ur just Another "all other classes need nerf". Dude assa rogues cant have great dmg, great cc, great movability and great defensives

I never said assa rogue is bad, i just said it doesn't require further nerfs.
They played warrior because turbo is way better than rmp this season.

they played turbo because of shaman/monk into dampen, your bias as fk man its actually obnoxious lol
06/11/2018 14:13Posted by Lasereyez
05/11/2018 02:30Posted by Omega
General - Either trait stacking needs to go or azerite traits have to be accessible to everyone(azerite traits rerolling or vendors), so stupid that PvP content is gated behind rng/farming the right gear with the right offensive and defensive traits (which might never drop). Defensive traits play too much of a part in winning or losing a match, even in ladder and on lower ratings and getting the right pieces with the perfect offensive and defensive traits is like impossible.

Classes:

DH - Nerf sustained dmg, could consider slightly buffing his burst(not sure)
Rshaman - No idea here, never played healer, but rshaman is currently being played into EVERY comp, outclassing every other healer by far in almost every aspect, comes with a crazy kit, ranged kick, grounding/tremor, hex, needs huge nerfs to mana sustainability and heals in general, imho
Boomie - Cept for the innervate traits, i honestly feel like this spec needs a rework, 50% of your dmg comes from two instant dots that you perma apply throught istant casting, and most of the rest from an istant cast aswell(starsurge), this spec is sad af
Spriest - Good direction so far with the 8.1 changes, might result op, we'll see, way too early to judge
Ret - Just nerf the traits that allow the ret to hit for 110-120k dmg in 2 globals
Fire mage - Nerf dmg, especially dmg outside of combust. Problem with fire mage is that the pressure is never ending, i wouldn't mind the current dmg if it was for a small amount of time. Sustained dmg needs to be nerfed by 10/20% imho.

Rest of the classes are fine imho, obviously every 1500 kid is gonna cry about assassination rogue, i'm glad you all witnessed how rarely it was picked/has won any match in blizzcon. Assa looks op because fire mage is op right now. Wonder why the best(or the second best if you're a Pika fan) rogue in the world played warrior 99% of games at blizzcon..

/Edit nonetheless i'm open to discussion, keep it mature don't want to turn this thread into another flamefest

1.5k kid will cry about as rogue being op? mate u play 2v2 only, thats where !@# is broken and op. too much control and dmg specialy dot dmg. Why everyone in 2v2 are playing $%^ rogues? 80% of my arena battles in 2v2 are against -*! rogues.. hmm I wonder why? Maybe cause everybody likes the @#$ playstyle? yeah right. lames and dullest spec of them all. On blizzcon u wont see rogues cause its 3v3 thats why. U have no Idea what u are talking about man. And dont call me out on my rating against urs, ur win rate is horrible for the spec u play.

I'm 2.5k and Glad in 3v3 on rogue tho? I barely play 2v2, just to warmup as i don't really like the bracket. Maybe next time actually check people up before posting, thanks for your useful input.

06/11/2018 14:34Posted by Pervertus
05/11/2018 06:28Posted by Omega

I never said assa rogue is bad, i just said it doesn't require further nerfs.
They played warrior because turbo is way better than rmp this season.

they played turbo because of shaman/monk into dampen, your bias as fk man its actually obnoxious lol

They played turbo against anything tbh, and if you can't recognize this meta favors turbo really hard you're the biased one imho.
Get rid of shimmer, put blink not on gcd, give back deepfreeze done
Ofc the Assa Rogue doesnt want nerfs on Assassin but everyone else.

Hmmmm.

Forums in a Nutshell.

Hey, atleast you managed to get Gladiator thanks to Assa, no wonder you dont want nerfs on it.
06/11/2018 15:51Posted by Ashley
Get rid of shimmer, put blink not on gcd, give back deepfreeze done

yes pls we all want to see godcomp more often!
im fine with your idea of nerfs. but atleast nerf assa rogue like 30sec cd on kidney. 20 sec is just retarded für this pve specc
06/11/2018 09:34Posted by Phad
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zu4j2WWGGtA

dying as Hunter with Feign Death, Stun, Turtle in 2s with other healer who can stun even if Warlock was uninterruptable...
that's just very bad playing

06/11/2018 09:34Posted by Phad
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vl4_cv227M4

Shaman played like garbage
he could easily stop that with thunderstorm if his position wasn't retarded or with earth shock or with

not gonna bother watching more
people just play like stupid and then complain
05/11/2018 10:46Posted by Deathvarg
Fire Mage - Can't use Ice Block during cauterize. You got a 2nd chance already, deal with it.

Surely it's good if they use both defensives at once?