Give the option of paying real money to skip Pathfinder

General
1 2 3 13 Next
Just an idea but it would generate massive revenue. Give players the option of flying from the start by paying somewhere in the region of $100 to $200 to totally skip pathfinder.

I took a break of more than two years after WOD playing on US based servers and returned hoping that things had improved re flying. I hate questing and only ever did the dailys needed for rep for raid enchants / gear.

It really is depressing to have to face the ridiculous amount of quests not to mention the other inane tasks just to be able to fly in order to do daily's quickly. In BC, Lich King, Cata, and Panda you could fly once you hit max level, I don't see why this can't be returned.

Forcing content on people is a great way of losing players and IMO the whole flying thing caused a mass exodus during WOD. Why the developers continue to force this on players is beyond me. I'm only back playing a week and I'm already depressed at the thought of the number of quests that lie ahead.

Perhaps it is time to at least give the option to pay real dollars to get out of doing it?

Edit: Grammar and Spelling
No...

EDIT:
Is this is a new account...?
If not, level up on your previous main & overpower the content with a L120...
10/11/2018 14:01Posted by Eighjan
No...

And why no? If you don't want to pay you don't have to and just stick with the grind fest that it is.
10/11/2018 14:04Posted by Msspellman
No...

And why no? If you don't want to pay you don't have to and just stick with the grind fest that it is.

Because the whole point of Pathfinder is that you first experience the whole content

You cant just throw money ar everything an make it go away!
This is Blizzard, not EA!
And why no?

Because. This. Is. A. Game.

If you don't do the content, you don't get the rewards.

That's life. Get used to it.
No...

Because at some point idea's like this will be the only path to gaining flying skills.
Re-read my quoted post - I edited it.

You're the one that took a break; not Blizzard...

Pathfinder and other 'grindy' unlocks are rewards for consistent players, not something you can throw RL money at because you're too lazy to resume playing where you left off...
flying should just be added at the beginning of the expansion imo .. people dont have to buy it if they rather explore on feet ...

they could reduce the cost of buying flying training for every week you don't buy it down to like 50000g... from 300000g
No...

cause people who don't work for it shouldn't have it, otherwise it diminishes the value for those who did.
10/11/2018 14:05Posted by Orlen
Because at some point idea's like this will be the only path to gaining flying skills.
I wonder if Classic gets expanded to Wrath & later, Flying will be totally dropped & remain a "TBC-only" Expansion feature...?

OK, it'll suck for some of the Raid entrances (Bastion of Twilight & Dragon Soul, for example)... but nothing moving the entrance Portal won't cure.
10/11/2018 14:10Posted by Pixelbear
flying should just be added at the beginning of the expansion imo
Remove Exploration Achievements, then...

The game is WORLD of Warcraft... not FLIGHT of Warcraft.

Flying was integral to TBC end-game, so it needed to be added... since then - not so much.
10/11/2018 14:06Posted by Eighjan
Re-read my quoted post - I edited it.

You're the one that took a break; not Blizzard...

Pathfinder and other 'grindy' unlocks are rewards for consistent players, not something you can throw RL money at because you're too lazy to resume playing where you left off...

And I'm only back a week and thinking of just cancelling my sub again. They had 8m players at the end of Mists, they were down to 2m by the end of WOD. Forcing grind content on people is not the way to retain players. The amount of time required is only suitable for students or the unemployed.
It's a bad idea because it'll scare a lot of players out of WoW. Paying $ to skip the grind is something you'll find in F2P games. Even the game services such as faction/race change and the boost are hated by many players, and they only help you skip old content and save you ~4-5 days /played.
Big No !
10/11/2018 14:10Posted by Pixelbear
flying should just be added at the beginning of the expansion imo
Remove Exploration Achievements, then...

Well it had flight for four expansions in a row, how they though it was a good idea to nerf this given the mass exodus from the game is beyond me.
10/11/2018 14:14Posted by Msspellman
The amount of time required is only suitable for students or the unemployed.
THAT is an entitlement issue... nothing more.

10/11/2018 14:14Posted by Msspellman
And I'm only back a week and thinking of just cancelling my sub again. They had 8m players at the end of Mists, they were down to 2m by the end of WOD. Forcing grind content on people is not the way to retain players.
Like I said... play consistently & these things are part of your regular game.

If your priorities changed, so be it... you chose RL over a game - YOU chose.

EDIT:
Short answer to that whole post... c'ya; the reason you quit before is still valid - why did you come back...?
<span class="truncated">...</span>Remove Exploration Achievements, then...

Well it had flight for four expansions in a row, how they though it was a good idea to nerf this given the mass exodus from the game is beyond me.

i think its because it massively slows down progressions and makes everyone buy at least 2 subs .. instead of 1 in a fresh expansion.

but holding back flying for potentially .. 10 months into a expansion ... i don't get that.
10/11/2018 14:11Posted by Eighjan
Flying was integral to TBC end-game, so it needed to be added... since then - not so much.

So you didn't play Wrath then because many areas are actually inaccessible without flying.
I get the part of not liking the pathfinder system, but paying real money?

For real?

No thanks.
10/11/2018 14:05Posted by Xemeron
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Because the whole point of Pathfinder is that you first experience the whole content

You cant just throw money ar everything an make it go away!
This is Blizzard, not EA!

That content is trash. It's boring and its not even challenging. Its a grind fest like OP said.

Pathfinder for previous expansions should be removed. Pathfinder should only exist on current expansions. There's no point going to relive old boring, outdated content that makes me want to kill myself. Same goes for the terrible rep grind for allied races - no one is at a disadvantage if everyone is able to gain access to the races but unfortunately only the people who have the time get to unlock features that were headline for this pathetic expansion.