Give the option of paying real money to skip Pathfinder

General
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 Next
14/11/2018 12:44Posted by Msspellman
In the end I think money will talk and people like me will get what we want. We always do. Hopefully it won't be too late for WOW by they the time they cop on to that though.
You sound like you live a life of paying to get everything - and I do mean EVERYTHING - your way... it's called corruption & has no place in a video game.
14/11/2018 12:48Posted by Eighjan
In the end I think money will talk and people like me will get what we want. We always do. Hopefully it won't be too late for WOW by they the time they cop on to that though.
You sound like you live a life of paying to get everything - and I do mean EVERYTHING - your way... it's called corruption & has no place in a video game.

what he said. ^^

get out of here kid
10/11/2018 14:05Posted by Xemeron
10/11/2018 14:04Posted by Msspellman

And why no? If you don't want to pay you don't have to and just stick with the grind fest that it is.

Because the whole point of Pathfinder is that you first experience the whole content

You cant just throw money ar everything an make it go away!
This is Blizzard, not EA!

Lol you sure?
Some people are just incredible.. You want to pay money for a convenience in a video game... Don't you have a life and friends to spend that money on ... ?
We didn't have to do this for 8 years, the only reason pathfinder was brought in was as a time-sump for people who don't raid. Inflicting it on everyone is the reason the game lost most of its subscriber base.

Mounts and riding skill were pretty expensive at first. So you'd still spend a lot of time out in the world anyway, doing whatever to get that gold so....
Again, WoW has always been time consuming, why is it so "wrong" that it still is and always has been a "time-sump"?

How about you and people like you stop ruining games for the rest of us, and just move on to one of those crappy f2p-p2w games you want WoW to become... Or you know, just play the game to obtain the thing you want.
And if you only care about raiding, WTF do you need flying for?
Just remove the requirements, after a new xpac cames out. God damnit, I don't wanna more microtransaction.
14/11/2018 12:48Posted by Eighjan

I think you may want to purchase an Oxford English Dictionary and look up the meaning of the word corruption.

Paying money to a corporation to do something for you is perfectly legal and is how capitalism works. Activision / Blizzard wouldn't exist without people paying them money. And those of who earn more while not doing grinds won't have a problem in parting with an hours wages to avoid them.
14/11/2018 13:00Posted by Jansen
Some people are just incredible.. You want to pay money for a convenience in a video game... Don't you have a life and friends to spend that money on ... ?

I'd say most people wouldn't consider that much money a lot, as I said earlier it wouldn't even buy you dinner in a capital city.
14/11/2018 13:46Posted by Msspellman
I'd say most people wouldn't consider that much money a lot, as I said earlier it wouldn't even buy you dinner in a capital city.
You're completely wrong and out of touch if you think 200$ dinners are the norm, even in capital cities. And no, nothing in this game should be paid for, things should be earned. You can argue how much effort and how long we should have to wait to fly, but real cash should never be an option.
it wouldn't even buy you dinner in a capital city.
... and I said earlier, too that that's a lifestyle that is generally above playing video games; it's more akin to those who play the stock market.

... and I am fully aware of the difference between capitalism & corruption.
They may as well give you the option to buy mythic gear then.
14/11/2018 14:01Posted by Eighjan
it wouldn't even buy you dinner in a capital city.
... and I said earlier, too that that's a lifestyle that is generally above playing video games

How so? Most of my friends play video games, perhaps years ago it was mostly students, these days everyone plays, remember we all grew up playing games for a pastime.
14/11/2018 13:59Posted by Korrina
You're completely wrong and out of touch if you think 200$ dinners are the norm, even in capital cities. And no, nothing in this game should be paid for, things should be earned. You can argue how much effort and how long we should have to wait to fly, but real cash should never be an option.

It would make sound financial sense, they could afford to lose a percentage of subscribers as my pathfinder alone would give them a year and a half of subs. Add in all the now time starved professionals who have quite wow, and I know loads, doctors, lawyers, accountants, who would come back if it wasn't so grindy and who could easily afford to pay to skip grind content. They would definitely profit substantially from it.
dude, listen, focus.

They
are
not
implementing
this
ok?

go grind now
No.
Do your Pathfinder. Slacker.
14/11/2018 15:48Posted by Zinghai
dude, listen, focus.

They
are
not
implementing
this
ok?

go grind now

I would not be so sure of that. They are a business and not a charity. At the end of the day, as the saying goes, Money talk and BullS*&^ walks.
I am done with Draenor. First there's the escape to shadowmoon. What was cool 2 times, but I got a few more alts sitting at 85. Then before completing one zone you hit level 100. What makes WoD rewards implode, so on to Legion it is.
I would pay for a way to bypass pathfinder. If Blizzard is looking to make money, this could be one option and the ones who do not want to pay the money can just grind happily away.
14/11/2018 14:04Posted by Dappysham
They may as well give you the option to buy mythic gear then.

I could see them selling loot boxes in the future like they do in some of their other games. end of the day there are people who want to get items the old fashioned way, while some of us are perfectly fine to just pay to get those same items. If you do not believe me, look at the AH.

People can either grind for high level gear or shell out alot of gold for that same piece of gear, or that rare mount, or that rare transmog, or that rare pet. To me it does not cheapen the game as you have an option to pay for items or grind them the old fashioned way.
13/11/2018 12:32Posted by Calenn
The whole point of having flying gated behind the pathfinder is so that people actually see and experience the new content and landscape that Blizz have painstakingly created.

I enjoy the content more from above thank you very much... lots of cool pictures from unaccessible and weird places up to the most iconic screen everybody has: the floating islands @ Nagrand Outland.
I love flying and see the world they've created from the sky.