Give the option of paying real money to skip Pathfinder

General
Prev 1 2 3 13 Next
i think they should make flying an option to buy from the flight vendor AFTER the end of the expansion

I agree with you on one point

for the returning players and the new players should be able to buy flying from in-game vendors with in-game gold for the OLDER content like WoD and legion but not the current expansion
Or just let us pay with 150k gold for boa flying.
Just chain dungeons and you can leave wod behind soon enough.
10/11/2018 14:27Posted by Lilchan
i think they should make flying an option to buy from the flight vendor AFTER the end of the expansion

I agree with you on one point

for the returning players and the new players should be able to buy flying from in-game vendors with in-game gold for the OLDER content like WoD and legion but not the current expansion

Agreed with this.
Delete this topic right now before Activision notice it.
10/11/2018 14:18Posted by Msspellman
So you didn't play Wrath then because many areas are actually inaccessible without flying.
I played Wrath when L77 was required for Cold Weather flying, and you had to go to Sholazar Basin to get it... before it became a freebie...

Only Ulduar was remotely disconnected from the rest of Northrend, maybe K3 (I do seem to remember a path up there, though - been a while). But; as I didn't Raid Ulduar at level, it wasn't an issue.

I've never taken a break from WoW in close on 11 years & I don't/didn't mind the "grindy stuff" - to me it's all part of the game, not optional.
And people are baffled when games introduce tons of micro transactions and go pay to win
10/11/2018 14:27Posted by Jirion
Pathfinder for previous expansions should be removed. Pathfinder should only exist on current expansions. There's no point going to relive old boring, outdated content that makes me want to kill myself. Same goes for the terrible rep grind for allied races - no one is at a disadvantage if everyone is able to gain access to the races but unfortunately only the people who have the time get to unlock features that were headline for this pathetic expansion.
You sound like what I call "a console generation player", where a new game is a totally distinct chapter of an old game, not a continuation... MMO-RPG (esp. on a PC) are wasted on that generation of game players - sad truth.
10/11/2018 14:04Posted by Msspellman
10/11/2018 14:01Posted by Eighjan
No...

And why no? If you don't want to pay you don't have to and just stick with the grind fest that it is.

MMO's always have grinds. Can't handle it? Don't play.
People like OP are the reason WoW is getting worse
I don't agree with this. It's not that big of a deal to get pathfinder done, and you shouldn't be able to just buy anything you're too lazy to get yourself. If pathfinders etc are something you absolutely hate, maybe you're playing the wrong game, or even the wrong genre. MMO's are usually very grindy, and pathfinder isn't even a good example of that because you'll get it by just playing passively.
fly sooner yes
eliminate any opportunity for "normal" players to make some gold early on in the expansion or pay real money to unlock something that's on the spellbook: N O
Why not just kick back and do the Pathfinder Achievement - it's good fun.

I don't understand the resistance to the system nor the complaints about 'rep grind'.

Out isn't really that daunting - just do your dailies and eventually you'll get the rep.

What folk who complain are really saying is 'I want to have everything, immediately, with no effort'.
I am fine with pathfinder except the rep grind but really you should be able to unlock it after the achievement, rather than wait for pt. 2. I’ve seen enough of the floor now.
Sunday came early.
10/11/2018 14:37Posted by Eighjan
10/11/2018 14:27Posted by Jirion
Pathfinder for previous expansions should be removed. Pathfinder should only exist on current expansions. There's no point going to relive old boring, outdated content that makes me want to kill myself. Same goes for the terrible rep grind for allied races - no one is at a disadvantage if everyone is able to gain access to the races but unfortunately only the people who have the time get to unlock features that were headline for this pathetic expansion.
You sound like what I call "a console generation player", where a new game is a totally distinct chapter of an old game, not a continuation... MMO-RPG (esp. on a PC) are wasted on that generation of game players - sad truth.

With Character boost that part of MMOs is over and done with, I'd say very few level start to finish now. And if you can skip that content via the store then why not skip pathfinder as well?

I also wonder how much WOW you really played over the years. From BC to Mists all my guild used to do when new content came out was zerg dungeons over and over to level quickly. The only quests we ever did were ones necessary for enchants or to a much lesser extent gear. And that was for 8 years of this games life. So I really don't get your defence of pathfinder, 90% of the players I used to play with left over having to do this type of content.
Real money deserve to get cosmetic stuff. It's a big disadvantage between rich and poor.
And btw people would farm a lot with flying and would be rich ig to not pay monthly fee with WoW token
They should unlock flying for the old content. But I'm against that is is purchasable.
Paying real money? No. Buying it with gold? Yes! The game was more populated when you could... Current system is just more time gating.
I don't have WoD flying either and will probably never get it. The content just isn't relevant in terms of lore or rewards, and pathfinder is a PITA.

So I'd rather just run around gathering treasures, or sit in the garrison spamming dungeons and BGs. Sitting in Garrison was the original WoD experience anyway.

Tbh I think old expansions should have all content unlocked, including flying.