Give the option of paying real money to skip Pathfinder

General
Prev 1 3 4 5 13 Next
Why not go a step Futher.

Pay real money to get all the Mythic Kills
Imagine 50 Euro for your mythic achievement, INCLUDING all BIS Gear for your chat and like 3 BOE to sell, Max Ilvl ofcourse,

That way you dont have to play the game at all
It's a terrible idea to pay real life money for early flight. It creates an inequality between players. There is enough classism based on money in the real world, I don't want it to be in the game.

As for pathfinder itself, I like having to do quests and dailies to earn my right to fly.
Dont worry people.
OP has been hated by all.
Their idea will come with saving everyone hated them for it.
That would stray heavily into p2w territory.

I could maybe see it as a way to release legacy pathfinder (I bought a wow token to buy rep for draenor pathfinder, I just couldn’t face 3 weeks in tanaan jungle at level 110), but it should never give an advantage in current content, especially such a massive advantage as early flying would be.
No.
£60 all access weekly raid pass

Get access to all raids in weekly lockout instead of just 5!
10/11/2018 21:16Posted by Draebet
£60 all access weekly raid pass

Get access to all raids in weekly lockout instead of just 5!

Pay £120 to get 3 items of your chosing.
Pay £200 for all raid achievements.
Why not just make it like it always was. Once you hit max level..you buy it with gold. That way you still get to experience the expansion and the zones but there is no mothns of grinding rep and achievements
10/11/2018 21:26Posted by Finnbarr
Why not just make it like it always was. Once you hit max level..you buy it with gold. That way you still get to experience the expansion and the zones but there is no mothns of grinding rep and achievements

Can I have a Hallelujah. Probably the most sensible suggestion ever regarding flying.
Because when the expansion was current, it wasn't actually work since you would be playing that content anyway. Now there is a kind of opportunity cost to consider. Do I progress my main in BFA? Do I level my alt? Do I spend 2 weeks on this old content for a token reward that won't matter in a few levels?

I'm sorry, but did you do WoD pathfinder? It was nothing BUT work. Did you do Legion pathfinder? It was nothing BUT work after each zone.

WoD's pathfinder, you had 1 quest a WEEK where you could get sabertooth rep, and then you either had to make a group to kill them (Which took a while), or you just waited till next weeks 1 quest. Not to mention the dailies of the other reps in Tanaan. Now you can go and solo everything with ease. Including the 4 bosses a weak that can drop the medallion.

Legions one, you were between near the end of Friendly, to just into Honoured by the time you finished the quests, you then spent WEEKS grinding the WQ's for the rep. Not to mention, Surumar was stuck behind a rep grind of 20,000/21,000 before you could complete that quest chain. Where, now, easy to do.

And about "progressing your main", you should be at the point where there's no where to progress anymore, so you should have 3-4 weeks left to go and get the Pathfinders. There isn't much content in BFA at the moment, so there's plenty of spare time.

I can't say how many will still do pathfinder if it becomes free in older expansions. I can say that I don't mind doing the current pathfinder at all. Most of it is content that I'm doing anyway, and once I've done all the quests I can just look up the achievement and check off any remaining bits and pieces. It hardly took 30mins of purposefully doing pathfinder to complete it. It doesn't feel like I'm working or being punished for doing it so I can't really relate to your perspective.

BFA's Pathfinder is SO much easier than the last 2, they've made it easier and easier each time. I didn't even have to try to get part 1, where I had to put the effort in to get part 1 of Legion, and had to put effort into getting the Pathfinder of WoD. So, now, yes, it takes no time. But, if this was put in in Legion or WoD, barely anyone would have the achievement, too much work when you KNOW you will get it next expansion without doing anything.

10/11/2018 20:18Posted by Keele
Perhaps in other mmos where the world scales to your level that is true. Old content in wow doesn't have much value aside from some token rewards.

Here's the simple answer. If you haven't done all the quests in a zone, it's still relevant to you, because the quest chain is "new" to you. Doesn't matter if it's old content, it's still "new". Same with zones. If you haven't searched all over the zone, then the places you haven't seen are "new" places. Again, doesn't matter if it's old.

The problem with players nowadays, is they don't actually know what an MMORPG is. They think they new expansion is the ONLY relevant content now, when that's not true. That would be true in Console games, where you go from (For example) Final Fantasy 7 to Final Fantasy 8. But, in an MMO, the world is expanding, but the "old" content is still relevant.
10/11/2018 22:15Posted by Shortbolts
And about "progressing your main", you should be at the point where there's no where to progress anymore
I finished Pathfinder 1 ages ago. I was talking about progressing in PVP, raiding, mythic etc.

BFA's Pathfinder is SO much easier than the last 2, they've made it easier and easier each time. I didn't even have to try to get part 1, where I had to put the effort in to get part 1 of Legion, and had to put effort into getting the Pathfinder of WoD.
But that's an important thing to consider though. Pathfinder has been adjusted from being a PITA in WoD to something more reasonable in BFA. I took one look at the requirements and realised that it's not worth spending weeks so that an alt can fly in a zone that he'll only be in for a few days.

Here's the simple answer. If you haven't done all the quests in a zone, it's still relevant to you, because the quest chain is "new" to you. Doesn't matter if it's old content, it's still "new". Same with zones. If you haven't searched all over the zone, then the places you haven't seen are "new" places. Again, doesn't matter if it's old.
This is just your opinion. I came back to play BFA, so that's the only content that's relevant to me. All previous content is nothing more than a treadmill for characters to reach 110.
The problem with players nowadays, is they don't actually know what an MMORPG is. They think they new expansion is the ONLY relevant content now, when that's not true.
Respectfully, I've been playing MMOs for 15 years. Considering how the genre has evolved over the years, wow is akin to retro gaming in many aspects. But particularly in the case of WoW the new expansion really is the only relevant content.

Where is your class hall in BFA? Why didn't the Vindicar save Teldrassil? Why do the Horde and Alliance factions even exist after we worked together in Legion? Because none of Legion matters anymore.
Do you work for EA?
Stop being lazy?

MMORPGs are ment to take some time, lets pay even more to skip even more content, hooray.

Not like it is already enough that people can buy boosts both for levels and for content.
But that's an important thing to consider though. Pathfinder has been adjusted from being a PITA in WoD to something more reasonable in BFA. I took one look at the requirements and realised that it's not worth spending weeks so that an alt can fly in a zone that he'll only be in for a few days.

And as I've said, they should remove the rep requirements from the old Pathfinders, but they shouldn't get rid of the rest. There should be something people should work towards, to get something that gives them an easier life. I'd understand if it was based only on 1 character, but once you get it, it spreads to ALL of them. Meaning, you only need to do it once and the rest of your characters benefit from it.

This is just your opinion. I came back to play BFA, so that's the only content that's relevant to me. All previous content is nothing more than a treadmill for characters to reach 110.

But, that's the whole point of an MMO. It's the expand the world. The content doesn't become irrelevant. The ONLY time it does, is if you've done the content. Otherwise, technically, it's "new" to you, since you've never completed it before.

It would be like me saying "I should be given the raiding achievements from the last expansion, because it's now old content and I shouldn't have to do it". If you want to fly, put in the work. It's so much easier to get now than what it was when it was current content.

10/11/2018 23:41Posted by Keele
Respectfully, I've been playing MMOs for 15 years. Considering how the genre has evolved over the years, wow is akin to retro gaming in many aspects. But particularly in the case of WoW the new expansion really is the only relevant content.

Where is your class hall in BFA? Why didn't the Vindicar save Teldrassil? Why do the Horde and Alliance factions even exist after we worked together in Legion? Because none of Legion matters anymore.

The class hall would be nothing but a War zone, since the factions are now at "war". They didn't save Teldrassil because they didn't feel they should get involved in "our business". They have nothing to do with it, and so they stayed out of it.

Horde and Alliance have existed since the beginning, and we've always "helped" each other take down the big boss at the end. Look at WoD against the Iron orcs. MoP against the Sha's to help the Panda's. Cata against Deathwing. We've always worked together, but we've never seen eye to eye with certain things, and so that causes the distance between the factions.

Story wise, yes, BFA is the only relevant content. But, if you're going for flying in WoD, then you go and experience the storylines IN WoD. Having flying or not in WoD doesn't stop you doing things in BFA, same as Legion. You can do everything in BFA without completing any of the Pathfinders, so nothing is stopping you doing your relevant content.

But, if you want flying in Legion, then you go do the relevant content FOR Legion.
If you want flying in WoD, then you go do the relevant content FOR WoD. It's relevant for those zones, and so it should still be done.

As I've said, if they do remove it, then they should just remove it all together.

It makes no sense whatsoever to "reward" people who didn't play the expansion something that the people who did play the expansion had to work for. Making it so you can buy it with gold is exactly the same thing. The player wanting flying is being lazy and doesn't want to do the same content others had to to get it, and so they want to pay their way to get it.

If I'm too lazy to go back and get all the transmog and achievements from the old raids and dungeons and zones, should I be given a vendor for me to just go and buy them instead with the gold I earn in game? No, because it defeats the purpose of them being "achievements". They're things you work towards.
10/11/2018 23:48Posted by Gorewolf
Stop being lazy?

MMORPGs are ment to take some time, lets pay even more to skip even more content, hooray.

Not like it is already enough that people can buy boosts both for levels and for content.
`

The player base for MMOs is getting older, the days of a couple of hundred dollars being a lot of money to the average player are well at an end. People who work with family's are quite happy to pay money to skip non-core end game and concentrate on instance with their friends.

No MMO does instance as good as WOW does, but most world based content is just a boring grind. Since BC I have never done quests that weren't core and I'd quite happily pay to skip them. Sooner or later Blizzard will cop onto to this and follow suit with other games.
People moaned that they had to spend so much gold on all their characters to fly - so we got it for free! You just have to....play the game! Then its given to you for nothing!!! - People moaned about that and now want to spend IRL money on flying which...people will moan about!

If you dont like the fact you have to play a game to achive things, then don't play it.
In the meantime, keep the skies clear for the rest of us who actually play (:
Everything in an mmo should be earned not bought
11/11/2018 00:11Posted by Lunanox
People moaned that they had to spend so much gold on all their characters to fly - so we got it for free! You just have to....play the game! Then its given to you for nothing!!! - People moaned about that and now want to spend IRL money on flying which...people will moan about!

If you dont like the fact you have to play a game to achive things, then don't play it.

In a lot of business 20% of your customers will make 80% of your profit, those who complain about paying IRL money are not valuable customers and Blizzard should discount them.

11/11/2018 00:13Posted by Shwosh

That was all fine when most players were students back in the 2000's, this isn't the case anymore.
10/11/2018 13:51Posted by Msspellman
Just an idea but it would generate massive revenue. Give players the option of flying from the start by paying somewhere in the region of $100 to $200 to totally skip pathfinder.

I took a break of more than two years after WOD playing on US based servers and returned hoping that things had improved re flying. I hate questing and only ever did the dailys needed for rep for raid enchants / gear.

It really is depressing to have to face the ridiculous amount of quests not to mention the other inane tasks just to be able to fly in order to do daily's quickly. In BC, Lich King, Cata, and Panda you could fly once you hit max level, I don't see why this can't be returned.

Forcing content on people is a great way of losing players and IMO the whole flying thing caused a mass exodus during WOD. Why the developers continue to force this on players is beyond me. I'm only back playing a week and I'm already depressed at the thought of the number of quests that lie ahead.

Perhaps it is time to at least give the option to pay real dollars to get out of doing it?

Edit: Grammar and Spelling

This is the kind of thinking that has diluted the game over time to such a degree that now all you need to do to play the game is roll your face over the keyboard. Now people wonder why some of us have been screaming for Classic content.

Op, in order to earn things in a game, you actually have to play the game. It may take time, but in the long run you will finally get what you want and feel a sense of pride and happiness that you earned it. If you pay to unlock things then you may as well just not bother playing at all. That is especially true for single player games like Devil May Cry 5 where you can buy to unlock just about everything. In my opinion, you may as well just not bother playing it and save yourself some money. Watch a lets play or something.

If the struggle to play the game and earning the right to fly is too much for you, then you need to change your hobby to something more to your liking. Perhaps Knitting, or cross stitch might be up your alley?
11/11/2018 00:18Posted by Msspellman
11/11/2018 00:11Posted by Lunanox

In a lot of business 20% of your customers will make 80% of your profit, those who complain about paying IRL money are not valuable customers and Blizzard should discount them.

11/11/2018 00:13Posted by Shwosh

That was all fine when most players were students back in the 2000's, this isn't the case anymore.

Wait...so because i won't pay for flying, when i can actually play the game and unlock it for free - that makes me a customer who is not valuable ?
Considering i pay a monthly fee to play the game, as well as pay for any store mounts/pets i may wish to have. And pay for expansions along with other blizzard games - i think that i am entitled to my one free thing in game, and just because i 'complain' about paying (MORE) irl money, does not make me or anyone else more or less valuable than you.
You may wish to pick up your self entitled butt, and move it along to an EA game where you can pay all you like to NOT play a game (: