Give the option of paying real money to skip Pathfinder

General
Prev 1 4 5 6 13 Next
10/11/2018 23:59Posted by Shortbolts
But, if you're going for flying in WoD, then you go and experience the storylines IN WoD.
The problem is that experiencing the storylines in WoD is the most inefficient way of leveling in WoD.

In Legion it's different. I can just log my alt when there is an invasion, and it's not a big deal to ride from one invasion point to the next closest point. It's actually kinda fun because you run into other players and it doesn't feel like a dead zone.

I don't experience any fun leveling in WoD. Considering that Durotan and Grom get killed (or worse) offscreen in BFA, I feel even less interested in anything Draenor related. For what it's worth, I did play WoD when it came out but I left before pathfinder was added. I don't feel like I'm missing out if I don't go back to do more apexis dailies.

I don't think transmog is really comparable to flying. To a significant extent, transmog is the only relevant aspect of old zones. It's the only part of old content that can be part of your character no matter where you go.

I did SoO half a dozen times for mogs. I'm currently doing ICC. I don't mind it because it feels worth my time, and old raids are fun to do anyway. I did Suramar to get Nightborne after Legion too, because the race of your character is a permanent aspect of them.

Looking at the big picture, flying in a previous expansion is a trivial benefit that doesn't matter in new content, but can be helpful during the few days you spend in the old zone.

To put it another way, if I was going to spend another year in Dreanor, then sure I would do the pathfinder. But spending weeks to get flying, so that an alt can level up an hour or two quicker, doesn't really seem worth it.
10/11/2018 13:51Posted by Msspellman
Give players the option of flying from the start by paying somewhere in the region of $100 to $200 to totally skip pathfinder.

Good idea! Blizzard also should make flying available only for mobile version of WoW they are developing.
Is this Activision pretending to be a player?? Who in their right mind would pay 100-200 dollars for that???
11/11/2018 00:36Posted by Keele
Looking at the big picture, flying in a previous expansion is a trivial benefit that doesn't matter in new content, but can be helpful during the few days you spend in the old zone.

Yes, a benefit that should be earned, since it has been earned by everyone who has it. Allowing people who didn't play the expansion a "free pass" to get flying would not only annoy the players who DID it when it was current, but also would annoy the players who did it when it wasn't current.

It'd be completely unfair to the people who stuck with the game/has been playing the game for a while if the new players got everything like flying just given to them, after they had spent the time earning it.

I don't understand how you think it's fine to give people who didn't stay with the game, or people who had just joined the game, things that players who DID stay with the game had to work for. It would be like going to work, you've been there for a year, worked your backside off, then some new person shows up, and within a few weeks was given a promotion, even though you worked hard to get that promotion. Now, they're on the same level as you, only they got it easier and quicker.
11/11/2018 02:22Posted by Shortbolts
Allowing people who didn't play the expansion a "free pass" to get flying would not only annoy the players who DID it when it was current, but also would annoy the players who did it when it wasn't current.
Ultimately this is what it comes down to, isn't it? People getting bitter at the idea of new players receiving an inconsequential perk, as though it somehow affects how they play.
I don't understand how you think it's fine to give people who didn't stay with the game, or people who had just joined the game, things that players who DID stay with the game had to work for. It would be like going to work, you've been there for a year, worked your backside off, then some new person shows up, and within a few weeks was given a promotion, even though you worked hard to get that promotion. Now, they're on the same level as you, only they got it easier and quicker.
No, it's nothing like going to work. This is the fundamental difference in our perspectives. You treat it like a job.

But to play along with your "work" metaphor, it's not at all like a promotion. It would be more like an office trying for ages to get a new coffee machine. So they get the machine finally, and a couple of years later a new guy joins and gets to use it straight away. And other people are getting mad because he didn't put any effort into getting the machine that they've already had for 2 years.

What I don't understand about your perspective, is that you consider playing the game work, grinding, punishment etc, but then you insist on everyone else experiencing it that way as well.

I gotta say, I don't pay to do work. If the content isn't enjoyable then there's no reason to do it. If the choice is between "working" to experience some old content or cheese my way through it, then I'll cheese through it every time until I get to the part that I actually want to play.
11/11/2018 05:44Posted by Keele
But to play along with your "work" metaphor, it's not at all like a promotion. It would be more like an office trying for ages to get a new coffee machine. So they get the machine finally, and a couple of years later a new guy joins and gets to use it straight away. And other people are getting mad because he didn't put any effort into getting the machine that they've already had for 2 years.

I don't see the game as work, I see the game as an MMORPG, which involves grinds, just like every other MMORPG out there. Your example isn't that great either, it's even worse to be honest.

It's as simple as this, you play the game, you put effort into getting something, you get rewarded. You play the game, you beg on the forums for the removal of something, you get nothing.

Just because you're too lazy, and others are too lazy, to go and put the same (If not LESS) effort in to get the flying, then they don't deserve it. It's as simple as that.

I don't put the effort in to Mythic raiding, or push myself to M+10 or higher. Should I be given the gear from both of those anyway? It'll only be a minor help to me.

No, because the simple truth is, you need to put the effort in to reap the rewards. I may be sounding like a bit of an a$$, but it's the truth. Why should Blizzard cater to those who weren't there for that expansion, by giving them the flying that the people that WERE there had to work for? It's just utter nonsense, and is only asked to be removed by the lazy minority.

Edit: I mean, I'd understand if it took a lot to get to the zones, but each one has it's own Hearthstone! You have a Garrison one AND a Legion Dalaran one. Takes no effort at all to go there, spend an hour or 2 a day to get things completed, then head back to BFA. I bet that most of the people asking for this to remove, spend at least 3-5 hours a week just sitting round in Boralus, or the Horde city.
11/11/2018 11:09Posted by Shortbolts

Just because you're too lazy, and others are too lazy, to go and put the same (If not LESS) effort in to get the flying, then they don't deserve it. It's as simple as that.

I don't put the effort in to Mythic raiding, or push myself to M+10 or higher. Should I be given the gear from both of those anyway? It'll only be a minor help to me.
I'm not lazy. WoD pathfinder just isn't worth the time it takes to do.

Now you're comparing flying in an old expansion to raiding current content. Nobody's asking for something like that.

I don't see anything wrong with asking blizzard to take a look at the topic and seeing if some kind of adjustment can be made.
11/11/2018 11:50Posted by Keele
I'm not lazy. WoD pathfinder just isn't worth the time it takes to do.

If it's not "worth" the time, then you don't get the flying. Simple as.

Now you're comparing flying in an old expansion to raiding current content. Nobody's asking for something like that.

No, nobody is, because it's moronic. You're basically asking for something for free that others had to put in the work to get. Doesn't matter that I've been able to fly for 2-3 years in those zones, the fact is, I earned the right to be able to fly in those zones. You want to fly as well, you need to go and do the same thing, but a lot easier and quicker to how it was before.

I don't see anything wrong with asking blizzard to take a look at the topic and seeing if some kind of adjustment can be made.

The only adjustment, to me, that would be an alright one is the removal of the reps from the pathfinder achievement once the new expansion comes out. They are not that important anymore. But, the storylines, the zones, the treasures in WoD, the missions, they were all apart of the WoD experience, and should stay like that.

If you want to go and fly in a zone, you need to first go and experience that zone, on foot, on 1 character, Once you've experienced it all on 1 character, you then get the benefit of flying on ALL your other characters, making your life better. Why is it such a bad thing to go and put some effort into things you want?

Why are gamers nowadays expecting to get everything within a game with little effort?
11/11/2018 00:06Posted by Msspellman
People who work with family's are quite happy to pay money to skip non-core end game and concentrate on instance with their friends.

Blame yourself for taking on a Game Genre which asks you to play a lot, something you seemingly cant or dont want to allow to happen.

Skipping Content should never be possible apart from things like repeatable Scenarios as in Siege of Undercity when you did it once and etc.

But yeh, everyone who "works and has family" cant afford to play Video Games for a few hours a day, got it.

Think you're just another person who cant get that done correctly buddy.
11/11/2018 01:49Posted by Dorethien
Is this Activision pretending to be a player?? Who in their right mind would pay 100-200 dollars for that???

My thoughts exactly. 200 bucks to fly?

Are you insane, a millionaire or both?
10/11/2018 23:48Posted by Gorewolf
Stop being lazy?

MMORPGs are ment to take some time, lets pay even more to skip even more content, hooray.

Not like it is already enough that people can buy boosts both for levels and for content.
No. Absolutely no.

We have the tokens etc that can give a ton of advantages to those with good rl economy. Need to keep some equality of actually playing the game.

And 200 dollars is quite a lot of money for unlocking something in a game we already bought and pay sub for. I'm sure people would do it anyway, those with a good job and spare money for hobbies.

(edited grammar)
Shortbolts, Gorewolf...

You guys are taking words from my mouth! You're right in every single point!

These nowadays so called "players" want to have everything by fingertips... They do not understand, that they don't play some moba or shooter game... This is MMORPG for god sake! You have to put some effort, blood and sweat into it!

You don't like it? Go and play tetris you lazy swine!
I think i wanna vomit when i see some of those comments from these nowadays so called "players"...

/Spit on them all!
11/11/2018 12:22Posted by Drekhan
I think i wanna vomit when i see some of those comments from these nowadays so called "players"...

/Spit on them all!

To be honest, I can't and won't ever blame the playerbase of "today" having this type of thought process. Most games out there are full of micro-transactions. Things that CAN be worked for in game, but can also just be brought. So, they just buy them and be done with it.

It's even kind of happening within WoW. Faction changes, level boost, even M+ and Heroic AoTC boosts and gear boosts. All of this can technically be brought with IRL money, and so, when content is hidden behind ONLY achievements and other things, they struggle to do the grind.
11/11/2018 00:36Posted by Keele

Yes, a benefit that should be earned, since it has been earned by everyone who has it. Allowing people who didn't play the expansion a "free pass" to get flying would not only annoy the players who DID it when it was current, but also would annoy the players who did it when it wasn't current.

It'd be completely unfair to the people who stuck with the game/has been playing the game for a while if the new players got everything like flying just given to them, after they had spent the time earning it.

Shortbolts, you always comment on my rogue 'Sethroguen that I don't have a 120 so I can't comment on something I dislike. Well just because I post on a 114 rogue, doesn't mean I don't have a max level toon. Nor does it make my opinion any more or any less valid. BFA is garbage and has killed wow (At least for the time being)
if they do that Blizzard is gonna make millions of $$$.
No, stop trying to make WoW pay to win.

The game content is fun and rewarding, you should play through it instead of whining that there’s no way to skip to the end. If you hate playing the game so much that you’re willing to pay to skip it, maybe you should save your money and never sub in the first place.
10/11/2018 13:51Posted by Msspellman
Just an idea but it would generate massive revenue. Give players the option of flying from the start by paying somewhere in the region of $100 to $200 to totally skip pathfinder.

$100 to $200 is to much, but $50 would be fine.