Give the option of paying real money to skip Pathfinder

General
Prev 1 6 7 8 13 Next
11/11/2018 14:27Posted by Runescale
You literally get handed flying for just playing the game. I genuinely don’t understand why you would want to pay money to not play the core game.

Because I don't have time to do all that suff that was never necessary until some narcissistic developer decided that we had to experience "his" content in order to be able to fly.

We went for 8 years without this, and if the player loss is anything to go by maybe they should have a good rethink and reinstate features such as this.
11/11/2018 13:27Posted by Eighjan
Short answer, Msspellman - you are NOT the target audience for WoW & never were... go back to playing Facebook games that let you buy extra lives when you run out & leave WoW to those who appreciate that WoW was always intended for machines that were meant to stay attached to wires.

Really? So the eight years that we didn't have to do pathfinder were targeted at who exactly.

There were a myriad of players playing this game who never quested for anything that wasn't necessary for instance / raids, and never will want to either. Yet you think the target audience for wow are people who like world questing!
EDIT: OP, I'm with you 100%. I wrenched my way through PF in WoD but just couldn't bring myself to do it in Legion. I'd probably have skipped it in BfA too if I hadn't already completed most of Part 1.

I'd love a pay to skip, however...

10/11/2018 14:05Posted by Xemeron
Because the whole point of Pathfinder is that you first experience the whole content

No, the point of Pathfinder is the same as it is with every other grind - giving people a reason to remain subbed (generates profit, looks good on the monthly reports) and to log in every day (boosts engagement figures). As a company Blizzard don't really care if you experience the content or not, as long as you stay subbed and log in for an hour or two every day.

The reason Blizz won't make Pathfinder pay-to-skip has less to do with the devs' pride in their lovely content, and more to do with the fact that skipping Pathfinder gives people less reason to log in every day.

PS: This isn't a criticism of Blizzard, by the way. Blizzard isn't "evil" or "soulless" just because they try their best to generate profit from their products and demonstrate good metrics to their investors. That's the reality of life as a private enterprise. As devcos go Blizzard are one of the better ones, because when all's said and done they seem to give at least a bit of a !@#$ about the quality of their games. EA are an example of how not to do things, what with the gouging and the DLCing and the tacking MP onto SP games to try and bilk some microtransaction dollah.
11/11/2018 14:57Posted by Msspellman
11/11/2018 14:27Posted by Runescale
You literally get handed flying for just playing the game. I genuinely don’t understand why you would want to pay money to not play the core game.

Because I don't have time to do all that suff that was never necessary until some narcissistic developer decided that we had to experience "his" content in order to be able to fly.

We went for 8 years without this, and if the player loss is anything to go by maybe they should have a good rethink and reinstate features such as this.

Well, if you don't have time, you will not have it. It is your problem... You spend time on other stuff, then you will be behind in WoW... It's simple...
Would be a step to pay to win. not sure if I would support such a thing.

But Blizz loves money, so your chances are good to get that.
11/11/2018 15:15Posted by Owlsong
No, the point of Pathfinder is the same as it is with every other grind - giving people a reason to remain subbed (generates profit, looks good on the monthly reports) and to log in every day (boosts engagement figures)
If you honestly think that you wouldn't even be playing the game to support a 'Capitalist Corporation' at any level.

Take your conspiracy theory & everyone else who subscribes to it & f*** off to F2P games...
11/11/2018 15:43Posted by Kilean
But Blizz loves money
No; Activision are the money w***es/junkies...!
11/11/2018 15:00Posted by Msspellman
Really? So the eight years that we didn't have to do pathfinder were targeted at who exactly.

There were a myriad of players playing this game who never quested for anything that wasn't necessary for instance / raids, and never will want to either. Yet you think the target audience for wow are people who like world questing!
Not exactly; the target audience (for WoW) are those who play the game for what it is, as it evolves... but mostly those who play MMO for the fact that they require you to put the effort in, however long it takes.

You stopped playing WoW for a reason; you made a choice - once that choice isn't a #1 life priority, then come back to a game like WoW that requires you to sink all your waking hours into it... until then, got back to your real life commitments - you're neglecting them posting on here.
So many lazy and impatient players from the entitlement generation. If you want something -work- for it. Then it will be earned and something you can be proud of having done/aquired.
11/11/2018 15:55Posted by Eighjan
No, the point of Pathfinder is the same as it is with every other grind - giving people a reason to remain subbed (generates profit, looks good on the monthly reports) and to log in every day (boosts engagement figures)
If you honestly think that you wouldn't even be playing the game to support a 'Capitalist Corporation' at any level.

Let me quote what I said in the same reply:

PS: This isn't a criticism of Blizzard, by the way. Blizzard isn't "evil" or "soulless" just because they try their best to generate profit from their products and demonstrate good metrics to their investors. That's the reality of life as a private enterprise. As devcos go Blizzard are one of the better ones, because when all's said and done they seem to give at least a bit of a !@#$ about the quality of their games. EA are an example of how not to do things, what with the gouging and the DLCing and the tacking MP onto SP games to try and bilk some microtransaction dollah.

Try reading the entire post before you respond to it next time.

Take your conspiracy theory & everyone else who subscribes to it & f*** off to F2P games...

THis isn't a conspiracy theory - it's the reality of trying to run an MMO for profit. Like I said earlier, the fact Blizzard have to do this is just a fact of life. They're not evil capitalist shills for trying to make a living.
I'm for it. The whole premise of Pathfinder is so incredibly stupid to begin with, not the fact that we have pathfinder, that's allright, but you should be able to grind it as soon as the new expansion starts. The artificial timegating so that we can "experience the content as it was meant" is just insane. I've explored everything on Kul Tiras and Zandalar, done most of the achievements and collected lots of rare stuff.

There is literally nothing left for me to experience on the ground, i've allready seen all the world quests many times over. Blizzard doesn't have to artificially timegate flying to keep me playing, i will keep playing anyhow, so if you dont want me to earn flying now, just give me the option to buy it. I would pay 100 - 200 bucks without hesitation if it would give me flying. Ofcourse, i would prefer if i could just be able to work towards flying and not have to wait a year for no reason whatsoever then artificially stretching out boring content like world quests.
Yes and let us also pay real money to buy allied race, if that;'s what you care about.
Well, actually you can pay money to skip pathfinder, get allied races etc. Just hire someone to do it instead of you(although it would be a violation of ToS, so you might get banned if Blizzard learns about it)
10/11/2018 13:51Posted by Msspellman
Just an idea but it would generate massive revenue. Give players the option of flying from the start by paying somewhere in the region of $100 to $200 to totally skip pathfinder.

No, no, no and NO!

If you want pathfinder go and work for it. It's that simple.

And here's the thing I don't even understand, pathfinder meta achievements are BASIC GAMEPLAY ELEMENTS!

Why would you pay for a sub and then want to PAY again for stuff you should be doing in-game to actually play!?

This is mind boggling, and it's contradictory as to even why you buy a sub in the first place. But then again, OP has NOTHING at all done in game, not surprising.
Would be ok to lock it behind some dozen WQ, Rep, Campainquest maybe all Mytic Dungeon and Normal or Heroic Uldir.
And no Flying for Warmode.
11/11/2018 17:08Posted by Tymaar
Why would you pay for a sub and then want to PAY again for stuff you should be doing in-game to actually play!?

Because we couldn't do it - there is no pathfinder part 2, even not in patch 8.1
11/11/2018 16:05Posted by Eighjan
11/11/2018 15:00Posted by Msspellman

Not exactly; the target audience (for WoW) are those who play the game for what it is, as it evolves... but mostly those who play MMO for the fact that they require you to put the effort in, however long it takes.

You stopped playing WoW for a reason; you made a choice - once that choice isn't a #1 life priority, then come back to a game like WoW that requires you to sink all your waking hours into it... until then, got back to your real life commitments - you're neglecting them posting on here.

I think you'er really losing it, so everything the developers do is correct is your book? Even with the game down 80% from its peak player base?
[quote="176234879899"]

And here's the thing I don't even understand, pathfinder meta achievements are BASIC GAMEPLAY ELEMENTS!

No it isn't a basic gameplay element, it is an inconvenience to those us who didn't have to quest outside a few core requirements for raiding for over eight years.
No.
10/11/2018 14:05Posted by Xemeron
10/11/2018 14:04Posted by Msspellman

And why no? If you don't want to pay you don't have to and just stick with the grind fest that it is.

Because the whole point of Pathfinder is that you first experience the whole content

You cant just throw money ar everything an make it go away!
This is Blizzard, not EA!

Buahahaha, I think the ones opening threads like this are trying to prove wow can be P2W or they are heading that way...

Hey listen here OP , can you pay me to complete your Pathfinder ? Seems the same thing, only it violates TOS but who would find out.