Logic and consistency

Story
Amazing, logical lore decisions recently...

Sylvanas and the Forsaken: we must kill the Alliance because they would never truly trust and accept us as undead and will eventually exterminate our race.

Also Sylvanas and the Forsaken: ooohhh.. let's raise Derek and have him return to the Alliance, who will trust him so that he can betray them from within.

Slight exaggeration to prove a point. That the Alliance hates undeath only when the writers need it to manufacture some faction conflict.
11/11/2018 20:30Posted by Oakbark
we must kill the Alliance because they would never truly trust and accept us as undead and will eventually exterminate our race.

Given how her first act as independent Banshee Queen was deliver the final blow to a dying Alliance of Lordaeron, she shouldn't be surprised that the renewed Grand Alliance, led by High-King Varian Wrynn, rejected her.

Also Sylvanas and the Forsaken: ooohhh.. let's raise Derek and have him return to the Alliance, who will trust him so that he can betray them from within.

An understatement. Derek's brain will be "reworked", and once he returns to the lavish Proudmoore Keep, he will murder his own family in their sleep.

That the Alliance hates undeath only when the writers need it to manufacture some faction conflict.

Sylvanas also hated Undeath. She kept moaning about the fact that they are just slaves to that torment, that there is no joy in that curse. Then in Before the Storm, she suddenly considers Undeath a higher state of existence and wants to "free" every man, woman and child in Stormwind from the "shackles of mortality". Or whatever that cryptic nonsense means.

I am so tired of Sylvanas' BS. If Blizzard don't want to kill her because she is too popular (they certainly didn't have a problem killing off Arthas, most popular Warcraft character by far, in the second expansion of the game), then reduce her to a tertiary character at best. That's what she deserves.

Oh, and PS, Metzen envisioned Sylvanas to be an ugly decaying corpse whose face is literally stitched together like that of abominations, but then she wouldn't be the Waifu Queen, would she?
11/11/2018 20:38Posted by Arctur
we must kill the Alliance because they would never truly trust and accept us as undead and will eventually exterminate our race.

Given how her first act as independent Banshee Queen was deliver the final blow to a dying Alliance of Lordaeron, she shouldn't be surprised that the renewed Grand Alliance, led by High-King Varian Wrynn, rejected her.

An understatement. Derek's brain will be "reworked", and once he returns to the lavish Proudmoore Keep, he will murder his own family in their sleep.

That the Alliance hates undeath only when the writers need it to manufacture some faction conflict.

Sylvanas also hated Undeath. She kept moaning about the fact that they are just slaves to that torment, that there is no joy in that curse. Then in Before the Storm, she suddenly considers Undeath a higher state of existence and wants to "free" every man, woman and child in Stormwind from the "shackles of mortality". Or whatever that cryptic nonsense means.

I am so tired of Sylvanas' BS. If Blizzard don't want to kill her because she is too popular (they certainly didn't have a problem killing off Arthas, most popular Warcraft character by far, in the second expansion of the game), then reduce her to a tertiary character at best. That's what she deserves.

Oh, and PS, Metzen envisioned Sylvanas to be an ugly decaying corpse whose face is literally stitched together like that of abominations, but then she wouldn't be the Waifu Queen, would she?

Change her appearance and she loses 75% of her blind support. I bet you any money.
People react to the forsaken in whichever way is most convinient to Sylvanas at the moment.

And if they do not, then they do not react at all.

She is such a bad character and Blizzard knows it, so they have to rewrite the logic of their world every time she acts.

An understatement. Derek's brain will be "reworked", and once he returns to Proudmoore Keep, he will murder his own family in their sleep.

I'm not even upset that Sylvanas mind controls someone for her own gain... that was always part of her character in undeath.

I am more upset that the writers think that a random undead dude will approach Boralus and the guards will not kill him on sight in a faction war centered expansion. Even if the Proudmoores will recognize him and are willing to trust him, do they patrol the entrances to the city/keep? Nope... some random guards will do that, and Boralus has already been attacked by Horde aligned undead by this point if the world quest to kill the dark ranger is to be taken into account... but nah... Derek? Of course everyone will recognize him in that undead body and take him to his mom.
11/11/2018 20:44Posted by Telriem
Change her appearance and she loses 75% of her blind support. I bet you any money.

Of course she would. She started being a very popular character when she was given her bikini model in Wrath.

Sylvanas, Alexstrasza, Ysera. If they hadn't been in a bikini for years, they wouldn't be nearly as popular as they are now. Which character sells more games?

This:
https://i.redd.it/u0gkkijuehwz.jpg

Or this:
https://d1u5p3l4wpay3k.cloudfront.net/wowpedia/thumb/0/0e/Sylvanas_by_Laura_Sava.jpg/800px-Sylvanas_by_Laura_Sava.jpg

As a matter of fact, many Horde players who side with Sylvanas don't do it out of love for the character, but hatred for the Alliance and Saurfang. I've lost count of how many Horde posters said in the past "While I have no love for the witch Sylvanas, I refuse to be a puppet of the Alliance and help Soyfang..."

I am more upset that the writers think that a random undead dude will approach Boralus and the guards will not kill him on sight in a faction war centered expansion.

Supposedly, Marshal M. Valentine, another raised Kul Tiran war hero, was sent to Boralus as an emissary to inform Katherine Proudmoore that the Horde had her son's body. That's why the pathetic Plunder Harbor was invaded by the full might of the legendary Kul Tiran Fleet.

Of course, When Valentine outlived his usefulness, Nathanos and the rest of the "Honor"bound eagerly abandoned him to his final death. So much for "The Horde is a family".
11/11/2018 20:44Posted by Telriem

Of course she would. She started being a very popular character when she was given her bikini model in Wrath.

Sylvanas, Alexstrasza, Ysera. If they hadn't been in a bikini for years, they wouldn't be nearly as popular as they are now. Which character sells more games?

This:
https://i.redd.it/u0gkkijuehwz.jpg

Or this:
https://d1u5p3l4wpay3k.cloudfront.net/wowpedia/thumb/0/0e/Sylvanas_by_Laura_Sava.jpg/800px-Sylvanas_by_Laura_Sava.jpg

As a matter of fact, many Horde players who side with Sylvanas don't do it out of love for the character, but hatred for the Alliance and Saurfang. I've lost count of how many Horde posters said in the past "While I have no love for Sylvanas, I refuse to be a puppet of the Alliance and help Soyfang..."

Yet they only hate the Alliance because their wh*rechief demonises the Alliance, especially Anduin somehow???

I hate to be that guy but the Alliance has spared the Horde MANY times and Sylvanas is insistent that they are desperate for war???

So what does she do?? She goes and commits genocide (again) and gives Alliance more reason to be vengeful and hateful towards the Horde and her ( to start her war).

Pretty sure the Alliance would’ve just put up with her (and the !@#$ty part of the Hordes) existence and lived in peace If she wasn’t such a b*tch

They’ll follow anything she says or does. It’s ridicoulus.

Ugh
Amazing, logical lore decisions recently...

Sylvanas and the Forsaken: we must kill the Alliance because they would never truly trust and accept us as undead and will eventually exterminate our race.

Slight exaggeration to prove a point. That the Alliance hates undeath only when the writers need it to manufacture some faction conflict.

My impression is that they were letting the Alliance capture Derek while he was pretending to still be an unrisen corpse.

Obviously sending him back as an undead will result in his destruction.
Apparently "Sylvanas is more than that" and she cannot be simply killed.

Pity, that devs feel this way because that is mother of all this trouble, their personal bias is ruining other characters and consistency. Sadly I predicted it all back in Legion, that in order to maintain Sylvanas in position of power everyone has to be blind/braindead/short-sighted idiot/go through 180 degree of change etc.

They'd rather bend everyone else than simply close her chapter and create new forsaken figurehead.

I gave up on hope to get even remotely satisfying outcome of all of this. But when it comes to logic and consistency - I still believe WoD was even bigger offender.
Again, there never has been proper logic nor consistency when it comes to Warcraft.

Maybe in WC1&2, too long ago to remember.