Argent Dawn
Basic information
Guild name: Division Thirteen
Faction: Horde-Hostile
Type: Military
Base of operation: Silvermoon City, and the rest of Azeroth
Guild leader: Faerin Darkheart
Officers: Ratheril, Alavie
This is all well and good, but some general advice, put waaaay more detail about your guild into your post.

I suggest looking at other Guild recruitment threads, and just shamelessly copy their set-up using your own guilds info.
I disagree with the above. This is a very strong guild post - short, to the point, all the pertinent information.

Best o'luck.

Edit: I retract my like and luck due to plagiarism. shakin' mah head.
12/11/2018 08:54Posted by Jïnxy

Faction: Horde-Hostile

[/quote]
What does that mean? Are you a splinter cell working from within the Horde to tear it down? Are you an anti-Sylvanas rebel group?
More information seems like a good idea...
12/11/2018 10:35Posted by Hemsdale
What does that mean?

Hostile towards Alliance

Are you a splinter cell working from within the Horde to tear it down?

Division Thirteen of Blood Knights

Are you an anti-Sylvanas rebel group?

I would doubt unless Lothemar says so
12/11/2018 09:22Posted by Abysscaller
This is all well and good, but some general advice, put waaaay more detail about your guild into your post.

I suggest looking at other Guild recruitment threads, and just shamelessly copy their set-up using your own guilds info.

Maybe not the best advice, Abysscaller, seeing as they've copy pasted D23's AA info word for word. >.>

https://www.argentarchives.org/node/218030

https://www.argentarchives.org/node/131631
12/11/2018 11:25Posted by Syanidi
I would doubt unless Lothemar says so

^ This. The notion in most Thalassian elven guilds is that regardless of the personnel's personal stances pertaining Sylvanas, politics (and common sense) dictates that they follow Lor'themar and the Regency as long as they serve the nation in a Thalassian division.
12/11/2018 09:22Posted by Abysscaller

Well, she took your advice literally and copied our AA page as her own, only changing the name of the characters.
Oh... well that isn't exactly what I meant..

More like what do you do.

Who are you, a list of ranks, etc etc... Not copy-paste word for word.
While we have enjoyed inspiring others into making their own projects over the years, I encourage you to sit down and give some thought to your concept. Things like goals, structure, reasoning for forming, unit culture and traditions and a bunch of other aspects that will make your project unique.

Then when you have those things written down you can go and create a proper AA page for it. Copying an existing one won't really kick-start things!
Division Twenty Three was for a long time the only dedicated blood knight guild on our server. And it's always nice to see new guilds trying to go for a similar concept. More RP in Silvermoon is a good thing.

We had the Crimson vanguard rising up not too long ago with their own spin of bloodknight rp. Like us they are seem to be mainly bloodknights supported by other soldiers, magisters, scouts and healers. However they tend to break more with the bloodknight tradition and are closer to the silver hand in many aspects.

This guild name however strikes me as odd. Our name division twenty-three indeed suggests that there are other numbered division in the order. And people have taken this as their guild name in the past (such as division 37 I think it was). But you choose a lower number suggesting you've been around longer than us.

Still, copying our AA the way you did makes me question what your intend is? Is it to try and push us out of our RP spot (room enough so there's no need for that)? Do you hope that this concept also gets you a lot of guildmembers? Do you want to create a guild for the people we did not accept applications from?

I'm not trying to attack, insult or cause grief. I'm just genuinely interested in your motivations.
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, at the very least.
*squints eyes*

I haven't actually been able to click links before, but is the resemblance of the two guilds that uncanny?

I didn't mind the number being lower than an existing guild, but I do concede that it was probably a better idea to get a higher number. I am someone who admits when they are wrong, and I should probably have waited to check this out at home first and not from my phone at work.

For instance, when we went with "Zero" it was more a concept than an actual number as "Zero" doesn't exist publicly; if you check our Argent Archive page, it explicitly says that we have been in the Spire's mill for around a year only longer than our formation date over six months ago. Besides, it also explicitly states that we are NOT a military guild of Blood Knights.

I stand by what I said however that having more military divisions or otherwise is a great notion, but I apologize to the D23 folks for not being as informed as I should have been. o>

12/11/2018 12:14Posted by Thalysa
This guild name however strikes me as odd. Our name division twenty-three indeed suggests that there are other numbered division in the order. And people have taken this as their guild name in the past (such as division 37 I think it was).

Thirty Eight if I remember correctly! It was the first guild I was contemplating joining when I came to Argent Dawn from Moonglade almost three years ago now, but my character was still in the Silver Hand at the time and I don't see those folks around anymore, thinking of it.
Well, it's a response to division 13 rather than your guild, Dawnseeker. And yeah, I do get the meaning of being number 0

Everyone is free to choose their guild name as they please. I wouldn't mind a farstrider division 7 and spire divisions 9 to 36. The only thing that struck me as odd was the combination of having the same concept as our guild, and then the lower number as well.

But as Aerilen said:

12/11/2018 12:26Posted by Aerilen
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, at the very least.

And either way, RP is still free to all. And it's always important to stay open and positive for new things, and reserve judgement for after you got to know a guild and its members. So in no way do I intend my post as an attack on division 13 or anyone that chooses to use the word 'division' in their guild name. Just asking questions cause it does strike me as a bit odd with the AA copy and the almost exact same name as our guild.
12/11/2018 12:44Posted by Thalysa
Well, it's a response to division 13 rather than your guild, Dawnseeker. And yeah, I do get the meaning of being number 0

Oh don't worry, I am aware! I was directing my post at the original poster; pertaining the lower number, while also explaining why in our case it worked.

As for the other point, I just look at them as "Thalassian Division #X," it doesn't really need to have a further structure than that in my eye, though I do admit that would be extremely interesting.
12/11/2018 12:47Posted by Ðawnseeker
As for the other point, I just look at them as "Thalassian Division #X," it doesn't really need to have a further structure than that in my eye, though I do admit that would be extremely interesting.

I do believe we selected that particular name for ourselves back in the day because it sounded nice without putting any special significance on it, and watching others take a similar approach over the years and turning it into an informal military structure for some elf forces has been quite amusing.
12/11/2018 12:57Posted by Garathil
12/11/2018 12:47Posted by Ðawnseeker

I do believe we selected that particular name for ourselves back in the day because it sounded nice without putting any special significance on it, and watching others take a similar approach over the years and turning it into an informal military structure for some elf forces has been quite amusing.

Server lore development. :)
Hey guy's what's going on in here-

Drops rice bowl
Jinx
The Copying isn't cool, I mean a Guild should have it's own background and AA, even if the basic concept of a unit of Blood Knights, is the same as D23's, you're still pinching someone else's, or various someone else's hard work, not to mention their intellectual property.

I wouldn't necessarily get hung up on the numbers thing though, the number means very little, I mean look at one of the most famous RAF units, the 'Dam Busters', I mean they are 617 Squadron, it doesn't mean the other 616 Squadrons before them were 'better'.

Its like, the Sun Hawks official designation is the '1st Escadrille of Quel'danas'. It doesn't mean that the calibre of fliers is necessarily better than say, the 3rd Escadrille, or 4th, the original 1st Escadrille were all shot down over Thunder Isle, the current batch are relatively new, yes it has veterans in it, but still has Rookies who can't tell their left from right (Yes I'm looking at you Galeholt, I kid, I kid..)

The number of the Division doesn't matter as such (though may cause IC Rivalry) but directly pinching D23's stuff is not cool man, not cool.