How Lively is Your Guild?

General
I'm just curious. Our guild seems to be most lively on reset or when it's a raid night and slowly it's less and less people logging on daily. Most of our regular members are bored with WoW or really dislike the direction it's taken.

How does your guild compare? Is it always lively with lots of people logged on?
At the start of the expansion we had some 60-70 people online. Now we usually have some 6-8 and it spikes up to around 15 in the evening. We even had to cancel the casual raid yesterday because we didn't get enough people online. So in short it's pretty bad.
Currently? Not very, since the officers called off raiding last week, after many canceled raids :P . I've resorted to pugging m+ for a couple of weeks. I'll most likely start looking for a new one in a couple of weeks and hopefully I'll find one more into m+.
My guild is dead~ freedom!
i would answer but i haven't been able to find a good guild since BFA launched .. i found random invite guilds(one or 2 of them not nearly as many as in legion or wod) ... but in BFA i cant even find a guild full stop something really isn't right .. and i think communities maybe killing guilds need to actively recruit.

so u just don't find the good social casual guilds anymore. as they see no reason to plug themselves...

either that or there isn't very many of them left.

EDIT: funnily enough the most active and casual guild i found while i played was a alliance guild on dreanor ... how odd is that.
12/11/2018 17:02Posted by Saphiramoon
Currently? Not very, since the officers called off raiding last week, after many canceled raids :P . I've resorted to pugging m+ for a couple of weeks. I'll most likely start looking for a new one in a couple of weeks and hopefully I'll find one more into m+.

Feel free to join our mythic + community, easier to get keys done as its xrealm :)

https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17624172269?page=1
My guild is super casual (we're dabbling in Heroic mode progression), but we still raid 3-4 times a week – 2 hours a night.
And people actually show up for those raids.
And then they do the weekly stuff, like Mythic+ Dungeons, Island Expeditions, Timewalking if there's that, and so on.

Other than that it's fairly quiet. But that's somewhat similar to how I play so it's fine. I don't see many people playing non-stop throughout a whole Weekend anymore. It's a bit more reserved these days. Cyclic as I believe Ion would say ^_^
My guild was formed a while back and now the name is now memory of what was lost. Over the time I have people come, go, steal so I just use it for personal use at the moment but welcome anyone that wants to join and rebuild it.

(ignore my gear in the prof pic, its temporary for run 'speed')
at the start of Legion our guild had a slow start but then during the rest of the Legion and even at the end of it, activity was quite high
BfA first few weeks was very high activity, at least 30+ ppl online during any time of the day, now ppl log on only for main raid days
a very long time ago i said that if blizzard cater to the gear pushers they will end up with a empty game as people will log off and only log on for raids and once they get what they want they wont even log on at all even if it means screwing over the guilds which helped them ...

this is the side of the community blizz want to appeal to and keep active ... it really is a shambles.
12/11/2018 17:06Posted by Warmother
12/11/2018 17:02Posted by Saphiramoon

Feel free to join our mythic + community, easier to get keys done as its xrealm :)

https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17624172269?page=1

Thankies for the invite, I've heard of you guys and will surely check you out. I've joined a couple m+ communities but never got any answer in them, so kinda gave up on the content, but one more try won't hurt.
Quite. Then again, the whole realm is lively.

Of course this was going to be a 'BFA is horrible' thread. Colour me surprised.
12/11/2018 17:16Posted by Pixelbear
a very long time ago i said that if blizzard cater to the gear pushers they will end up with a empty game as people will log off and only log on for raids and once they get what they want they wont even log on at all even if it means screwing over the guilds which helped them ...

this is the side of the community blizz want to appeal to and keep active ... it really is a shambles.

Different people have different views on this. I mean the most common complaint I see is that the game is catering more and more towards the casual players. Titanforging in particular has removed the regular gearing curve and azerite was not farm friendly for anyone. Some things will change with the patch but it's not here yet.

Some raiders are fed up with having to do M+ to gear and the chances of getting loot, let alone the right loot are slim, making it all very farming intensive. The affixes have often been horrible combinations. Yet some people love M+. There are clearly a lot of people doing M+ or the leaderboards wouldn't fill up so much that people can't get scores.
I am actually so glad this game is dying because it shows we aren't going to take 25% of an expansion and be happy with it.

I wrote a long winded post 5 hours into BFA saying in a constructive manner why BFA will fail and I got absolutely destroyed, the second comment after mine
'Re-install, give me gold, uninstall' got about 157 likes and mine about 20.

Safe to say I was right and am I happy about it?!?! Absolutely not, I dont want to see one of my fave games that I have been playing for 12+ years be flushed down the toilet like it is now.
12/11/2018 17:29Posted by Tsumé
Quite. Then again, the whole realm is lively.

Of course this was going to be a 'BFA is horrible' thread. Colour me surprised.

I was actually hoping for some 'oh in our guild we do this, and lots of people join in' kind of posts.
12/11/2018 17:29Posted by Punyelf
12/11/2018 17:16Posted by Pixelbear

Different people have different views on this. I mean the most common complaint I see is that the game is catering more and more towards the casual players. Titanforging in particular has removed the regular gearing curve and azerite was not farm friendly for anyone. Some things will change with the patch but it's not here yet.

Some raiders are fed up with having to do M+ to gear and the chances of getting loot, let alone the right loot are slim, making it all very farming intensive. The affixes have often been horrible combinations. Yet some people love M+. There are clearly a lot of people doing M+ or the leaderboards wouldn't fill up so much that people can't get scores.

they have catered the gearing process in favour of casuals in order to try get them interested in that content, that is blizzard mistake and misunderstanding ..

casual players are not interested in gear progression (at least not most of us) no amount of baiting will change that they can keep trying to "trick us" into doing raids as much as they like but in reality we didn't ask for it ... blizzard are doing that themselves..

another perspective and what the casuals refer to as lack of content and elitism favouring .. is everything in the game in terms of end game content it related to farming gear for progression there is nothing in game for a casual player to do just for fun.. as gear progression to a casual player is just time wasting...

the elitist and the causal argue about the focus but they are both right .. they just don't realise they are arguing entirely different view points.

BFA is more Progress focused all about gear and gear systems .. this makes it more elitist friendly by nature.. but blizzard have tweaked gear drops to help casuals at the same time to try leave a little bread crumb trail to get them interested in what they want to sell as the "main content" the content they see they can sell to "esports"...

it's sad really just blizzard ruining a game for a bigger agenda really.
12/11/2018 17:43Posted by Hamersímpson
I am actually so glad this game is dying

12/11/2018 17:43Posted by Hamersímpson
Safe to say I was right and am I happy about it?!?! Absolutely not

Not sure what to make of this.
12/11/2018 17:49Posted by Pixelbear
casual players are not interested in gear progression (at least not most of us) no amount of baiting will change that they can keep trying to "trick us" into doing raids as much as they like but in reality we didn't ask for it ... blizzard are doing that themselves..

Weirdly, the fiercest defenders of the warforged/titanforged system seemed to be casual people, so they seem pretty interested in gearing if you ask me. They also seem the ones to ask for automatic grouping for higher difficulties - and that's pretty much only for the gear, as the place looks the same.

another perspective and what the casuals refer to as lack of content and elitism favouring .. is everything in the game in terms of end game content it related to farming gear for progression there is nothing in game for a casual player to do just for fun.. as gear progression to a casual player is just time wasting...

So what would be fun for a casual?
Because they introduced:
- achievements;
- mounts, pets and toys;
- transmog;
- pet battles;
- automatic grouping for everybody to see the content;

And none of the above are gear related.

BFA is more Progress focused all about gear and gear systems ..

All expansions have been the same. M+ is pretty much the only more hardcore content released since ...forever. Arenas existed from the start, raids existed from the start. The fact that every expansion there's new raids doesn't change the fact it's still a raid. Every expansion there's new pets and mounts and toys too.
Activity is a shadow of what it was any time in Legion.
Mine is quiet but they still run some m+. My concern is about the community. Dead like arthas.