Getting perma declined because of Raider.io

General
23/10/2018 20:08Posted by Curedk
The only possible gear upgrades are from a +10 key for my shadow (cleared 8/8 hc), as he is 367 ilvl and misses 370+ gear in only 2 slots. However, due to my raider.io rating is probably relatively low as I'm usually running my +10s for the week with guildies. As most of them went inactive or unsubbed it's impossible to get into any groups.

So what the raider.io advocates are going to tell me is "go run low keys in time until ur rating is better", to what I can already say no thx I want to run M+ to improve my character not to improve some artificial number on some website I couldn't give less !@#$s about.

Having raided World 40, having had up to rank 2 dps logs, getting server firsts, having some orange logs on all 3 toons I raid with, raiding since vanilla, having completed all CM golds in MoP and WoD, having done solo challenges of +30 Proving grounds and Mage tower on 16 specs is all apparently worth less than some artificial rating on some website that is %^-*ed anyways because people who push on reset day have a massive advantage on high pop servers.

I can't even get into groups that are 15 ilvls lower than what I got equipped.

TL;DR: Seems like I have to unsub until 8.1.

How do we know you're any good at 5 mans? Also why would anyone take a dps that has average ilvl and no proof of skill (in 5 mans), over any other dps atm? Sounds like you want to be carried in high level keys without having to put any of the ground work in.

I don't expect to be able to walk into a mythic raiding guild without having top quality parses. Why should you walk into high level mythic + groups without having top quality mythic + runs?
Last time I checked, most of the groups that required a high score for a +8 for instance were made by people that hadn't even cleared a +5-6 in time. Basically you need a lot of patience to find a group of actually skilled players if you are pugging, or go with the guild if you can ofc. I will, by default, not join any group where the one making it is a low skilled douche wanting to get carried and boost his key while wanting 800-1000 Raider.io from the party. You know, those HC Uldir raids? "Have curve, be the best, be God" - sounds familiar? They are made by the !@#$tiest players this game has ever seen ;)
The only possible gear upgrades are from a +10 key for my shadow (cleared 8/8 hc), as he is 367 ilvl and misses 370+ gear in only 2 slots. However, due to my raider.io rating is probably relatively low as I'm usually running my +10s for the week with guildies. As most of them went inactive or unsubbed it's impossible to get into any groups.

So what the raider.io advocates are going to tell me is "go run low keys in time until ur rating is better", to what I can already say no thx I want to run M+ to improve my character not to improve some artificial number on some website I couldn't give less !@#$s about.

Having raided World 40, having had up to rank 2 dps logs, getting server firsts, having some orange logs on all 3 toons I raid with, raiding since vanilla, having completed all CM golds in MoP and WoD, having done solo challenges of +30 Proving grounds and Mage tower on 16 specs is all apparently worth less than some artificial rating on some website that is %^-*ed anyways because people who push on reset day have a massive advantage on high pop servers.

tldr: im so awesome yet too dumb to know what to do.

you think you are awesome but your raider.io shows you deplete everything. and i trust raider.io mroe than your words

bye
And that’s the whole point of this thread... :p

Blizzard made the game about numbers only.

Noone seems to play for fun anymore or care about anyone.

“I trust more addon than your words” is perfect example.

Imagine helping others in an MMO game. Such silly idea! :p

USE YOUR OWN KEY THEN
literally nobody cares

or you know, do your own key in time until you get to 10+, but i guess you dont want to do that since it requires a bit of effort

also you say shadow ? as in shadow priest ?
i have bad news for you, when you sign up, another 30 other people with better classes, more exp, and better gear sign up also
why would people pick you ?
24/10/2018 11:56Posted by Jareb
And that’s the whole point of this thread... :p

Blizzard made the game about numbers only.

Noone seems to play for fun anymore or care about anyone.

“I trust more addon than your words” is perfect example.

Imagine helping others in an MMO game. Such silly idea! :p

Why don't you push your key to 10 with fortified, sanguine and grevious next time around and then invite some random people. I bet it's gonna be very fun experience.
Raider.io is the biggest cancer in the game right now...worse that any mismanagement of communication or unoriginal design of azerite republic.

I don't do m+s as people leave mid run to keep their "last 5 runs" history clean if there is a threat the run will not be in time...thereby ruining the run for 4 other people as well. Time well spent!

It's beyond me how Blizz tolerates 3rd party site directly impacting behaviour of players and making money off of it (traffic to site, paid membership for faster profile updates, business as usual).

If you are talking from a dps perspective, it's because nobody wants dps dks.
23/10/2018 20:59Posted by Curedk
23/10/2018 20:10Posted by Dottie
You don't care about the rating but others do, who wants someone with your iLevel when they can take someone with 20+ more?

People usually say "make your own groups."

Ok so basically I now raid mythic, wait until im 385+ ilvl then I will be invited to M+10 where the base drop ilvl is 370 and be completely worthless. Great system.

No, Dottie is just an obnoxious forum troll. I doubt Dottie even plays this game nowadays.

https://raider.io/characters/eu/blackrock/Curedk
You're currently at 193 rio. I know it sucks but you'll just have to work your way up the rating joining +5 and +6 or even +8 if you feel lucky until you've done every dungeon. Then you can slowly work your way up.

Sadly, this is what they worked out and all we can do is roll with it.
I don't care about RIO or class balance, you can group with me. Usually I tend to help other people and pick lower ilevel for mythic +2+3 , were I know I can pull it in time with my hunter / paladin .

If that don't go by your rules, or you want to push mythic +10 in professional and in time, start boosting RIO :D.

I usually push +10 , but usually not quite in time :). There are weeks and weeks.

You are playing a highly undesirable class for M+ (if you are referring to your shadowpriest), no one cares about your ilvl for M+, they care about your experience on the key they are doing or your overal score in general to demonstrate you are capable of completing those keys on time.

If you don't care about your score then why do you expect those doing +10s to care about you. A 1k score is achieved by doing a +10 on every dungeon on time. I personally don't have that score myself, I'm just explaining how it works.

You aren't interested in using the metric that people gauge a player for higher keys by but want them to accept a whole lot of other achievements from you as proof. Life doesn't work that way. No more than a high end raid team will accept you with no logs. I do agree that blizzards are the problem by not releasing the data for all runs. It's retarded to expect busy servers to take someone from a dead server just to get their runs recorded. However if you're pugging, chances are there will be someone in your group to allow the run to be recorded.

Because no one cares about ilvl!!!!!! There are lots of people all applying to keys at the same time. They are going to choose the best of what is on offer.
I'm usually running my +10s for the week with guildies. As most of them went inactive or unsubbed it's impossible to get into any groups.

You do realize the score should represent your experience with the current dungeons (and the dungeon you apply for in specific).
Normal Raids are completely different to play than M+5.
Hc Raids are different to play than M+10.
Only because they reward the same base item level, they are not interchangeable.
You mentioned you play shadow priest, this might be one issue apart from a low score. Shadow priests are not on top of the damage charts and they lack utility compared to several other classes. This in combination with no experience is not a good standing for the application on higher level keystones.
And if you don't care about getting the experience for the higher level keystones but only about the loot you might get. Why would people that don't even know you care about taking you with them if they have better suited players applying?

For me there are 2 ways to get to high M+ keystones.
1. Get a regular group of people running with you (guild or friendlist), who know how you perform in high level dungeons. If you need to build a reputation in a group you probably have to start with low keystones.
2. Push you score so people know you have the experience in the dungeons without knowing you in person.
Blizzard is in no way claiming they record all runs. They just present leaderboards. It is raider.io who is creating a beast out of not-representive data. And even values players who did not ask for it.
Getting a new guild on your level is prob the easiest, because yea you're right even when you do have the skills then getting the score can still be a pain ^^

Other issue is that there's like 20 DPS queuing for every tank and healer, so chances are slim already anyway for anyone.
This post reminds me of those people that apply to arena lfg and link stuff from 2009, as if thats relevant in any way in 2018
24/10/2018 13:26Posted by Miraine
I know it sucks but you'll just have to work your way up the rating joining +5 and +6 or even +8 if you feel lucky until you've done every dungeon. Then you can slowly work your way up.

This would be alright if, as a DPS, you either didn't spend 40 minutes to an hour getting declined by EVERY group, or spend 40 minutes to an hour setting up a group.

The ONLY way I can get upgrades is from +5 up, and Uldir HC (Except 1 ring that I just need haste for, and a trinket that I need to have upgraded to higher ilvl from Tol Dagor). Almost impossible to get into Uldir HC unless you have Curve, and spending 1-2 hours searching/making your own group disheartens you a lot.

Tyrannical is supposed to be where Locks excel, yet I am still spending 1 hour+ looking for a group. So, I decide to try and upgrade my +3 key that I have. I'm apart of a community of M+'s, ask in their. Nothing. Set up my group, 1 hour later I have 2 DPS and a healer, no tank.

The ONLY way I can get my ilvl up is by doing low content for me and hoping for TF gear of what I need. 2 weeks now I've been around 357-358 ilvl. It went up by 1 due to my neck levelling up. That's it.

I have a Demon Hunter, 7 days less played time than what I have on this, yet is only 7 ilvls lower. It's becoming tedious trying to gear this character up and trying to get into +3-+6 groups that I'm close to walking from this game.

Only thing that's kept me here is guildies. Only way I can get things done is with guildies. PuGs are just full of toxic "I'm better than you" people, and it's just not right.

Joined an HC Uldir run today, got accepted, went to the raid, set up my stones, then got kicked. Only just entered the raid to put my stone up and insta kicked, by a RL who had a 95k health Monk friend in that group with them. This is what this game has become. There's no such thing as a community anymore, just a group of random players all out for themselves.
24/10/2018 14:12Posted by Tsjoh
Blizzard is in no way claiming they record all runs. They just present leaderboards. It is raider.io who is creating a beast out of not-representive data. And even values players who did not ask for it.

Using your terminology, Raider IO is also not claiming to be able to receive all runs data due to the limitations placed on them by Blizzard.

It also doesn't help that Ion believes people only run an M+ key once or twice a week. Despite the fact that most have had to go M+ to gear.
I know. But when you develop a fan-thing based on the api like this and put it public, you are also a little bit more responsible. Just a disclaimer is not enough.
24/10/2018 14:44Posted by Shortbolts
24/10/2018 13:26Posted by Miraine
I know it sucks but you'll just have to work your way up the rating joining +5 and +6 or even +8 if you feel lucky until you've done every dungeon. Then you can slowly work your way up.

This would be alright if, as a DPS, you either didn't spend 40 minutes to an hour getting declined by EVERY group, or spend 40 minutes to an hour setting up a group.

The ONLY way I can get upgrades is from +5 up, and Uldir HC (Except 1 ring that I just need haste for, and a trinket that I need to have upgraded to higher ilvl from Tol Dagor). Almost impossible to get into Uldir HC unless you have Curve, and spending 1-2 hours searching/making your own group disheartens you a lot.

Tyrannical is supposed to be where Locks excel, yet I am still spending 1 hour+ looking for a group. So, I decide to try and upgrade my +3 key that I have. I'm apart of a community of M+'s, ask in their. Nothing. Set up my group, 1 hour later I have 2 DPS and a healer, no tank.

The ONLY way I can get my ilvl up is by doing low content for me and hoping for TF gear of what I need. 2 weeks now I've been around 357-358 ilvl. It went up by 1 due to my neck levelling up. That's it.

I have a Demon Hunter, 7 days less played time than what I have on this, yet is only 7 ilvls lower. It's becoming tedious trying to gear this character up and trying to get into +3-+6 groups that I'm close to walking from this game.

Only thing that's kept me here is guildies. Only way I can get things done is with guildies. PuGs are just full of toxic "I'm better than you" people, and it's just not right.

Joined an HC Uldir run today, got accepted, went to the raid, set up my stones, then got kicked. Only just entered the raid to put my stone up and insta kicked, by a RL who had a 95k health Monk friend in that group with them. This is what this game has become. There's no such thing as a community anymore, just a group of random players all out for themselves.

Just join some random guild that will take you to hc with them. I raid one or two days a week and killed heroic ghunn. If I was able to do it then you can too
24/10/2018 15:24Posted by Showmee
Just join some random guild that will take you to hc with them. I raid one or two days a week and killed heroic ghunn. If I was able to do it then you can too

Down side is, I have friends in the guild I'm in, and I'm the GM of it. At least once a week we do as much of Normal as possible, and sometimes me and a friend go for a HC run (If we can get in). But, as it's a small guild, don't get much chance to be on at the same time.

Like today, I've been on most of the morning, 8 people who I am friends with are in the guild, only 1 person was on doing their own thing. So, I had to try and solo join things. Only time I can do content is when some of them are on, but, we all have different things to do outside of WoW.

I'd feel terrible if I just up and left them all, cause 3 of us made the guild together, and we're slowly building it up. And I know I have limitations because of it, but doesn't stop the fact that the content I want to do/feel I CAN do, I'm locked out of unless I have those few people online.

In other words, I don't really come online unless 2-3 people are on in the guild and we set up M+ runs etc. Which, in turn, makes me feel trapped and makes me not want to play the game I love more.

Though, this is probably just ramblings of a moron who should just "git gud" lol.