Getting perma declined because of Raider.io

General
Prev 1 3 4 5 Next
Must agree with OP. My situation is not quite as extreme, but I still can't get into anything above a +5 (with 365 ilvl). Much like them, I've primarily done m+ with guildies before. Not very good guildies, so I doubt a lot of score came out of it (probably zero - doubt anything made the top leaderboards on my realm). But it would be nice to be able to jump into some m+ that actually give upgrades like I did in Legion.

Maybe it would help if r.io somehow detected that I did 45% of the DPS in those runs...
24/10/2018 15:50Posted by Shortbolts
24/10/2018 15:24Posted by Showmee
Just join some random guild that will take you to hc with them. I raid one or two days a week and killed heroic ghunn. If I was able to do it then you can too

Down side is, I have friends in the guild I'm in, and I'm the GM of it. At least once a week we do as much of Normal as possible, and sometimes me and a friend go for a HC run (If we can get in). But, as it's a small guild, don't get much chance to be on at the same time.

Like today, I've been on most of the morning, 8 people who I am friends with are in the guild, only 1 person was on doing their own thing. So, I had to try and solo join things. Only time I can do content is when some of them are on, but, we all have different things to do outside of WoW.

I'd feel terrible if I just up and left them all, cause 3 of us made the guild together, and we're slowly building it up. And I know I have limitations because of it, but doesn't stop the fact that the content I want to do/feel I CAN do, I'm locked out of unless I have those few people online.

In other words, I don't really come online unless 2-3 people are on in the guild and we set up M+ runs etc. Which, in turn, makes me feel trapped and makes me not want to play the game I love more.

Though, this is probably just ramblings of a moron who should just "git gud" lol.

I understand your position very well. I was once in same shoes as you are now. Unfortunately, there's no way to make everybody happy. I just sat with my buddies and we discussed stuff. I convinced them to improve their game, we joined new guild as a group to still play together but to also be surrounded by other people on decent level to help us out. I am quite sure you could find a place to join with all your friends and then ur problem might get solved.
24/10/2018 15:22Posted by Tsjoh
I know. But when you develop a fan-thing based on the api like this and put it public, you are also a little bit more responsible. Just a disclaimer is not enough.

The shortcomings are wholly on blizzard's side. Raider io is a great tool.

I really don't understand the upset, I also love how people single out raider io and not wowprogress which was previously used to weedle out suitable players. It manages to pick up even less runs than raider io does.

There will always be some way of measuring players ability. This is a very good way of seeing if you can find suitable people to do your key. If you want hassle free no score keys there are several communities for that too.
24/10/2018 16:58Posted by Showmee
I understand your position very well. I was once in same shoes as you are now. Unfortunately, there's no way to make everybody happy. I just sat with my buddies and we discussed stuff. I convinced them to improve their game, we joined new guild as a group to still play together but to also be surrounded by other people on decent level to help us out. I am quite sure you could find a place to join with all your friends and then ur problem might get solved.

Yeah, I had found them when I joined a random HC guild. The GM and the Officers were "difficult" to deal with, so we all ended up leaving and making our own. Been thinking about seeing if we can join another guild, but I'm conflicted. So, it's difficult, as I struggle making friends, so I keep the ones I have made close and as happy as I possibly can. Not doing me any good, but eh, I have friends xD
24/10/2018 20:10Posted by Shortbolts

Yeah, I had found them when I joined a random HC guild. The GM and the Officers were "difficult" to deal with, so we all ended up leaving and making our own. Been thinking about seeing if we can join another guild, but I'm conflicted. So, it's difficult, as I struggle making friends, so I keep the ones I have made close and as happy as I possibly can. Not doing me any good, but eh, I have friends xD

Still, I would advise you to talk with your friends about this matter. There are quite a lot people unsubbing right now before 8.1 hits so there are a lot of guilds looking for replacements and I bet some would agree to invite group of even 10 people to their ranks. Think about it.
24/10/2018 22:02Posted by Showmee
Still, I would advise you to talk with your friends about this matter. There are quite a lot people unsubbing right now before 8.1 hits so there are a lot of guilds looking for replacements and I bet some would agree to invite group of even 10 people to their ranks. Think about it.

I will do. Cheers for the advice, it is much appreciated! ^_^
23/10/2018 21:06Posted by Revash
Eh... Dont bother OP. You will get the "classic" "standart" responses.

Like: "Get gud!", "Make your own group!" and etc....

When "make your own group" is one perfectly good solution to the OPs issue then no wonder it gets mentioned.

Blizz need to be encouraging people to join guilds and be sociable. Allowing raider.io to create a toxic pug environment is only going to encourage players to do so so I hope they don't get rid of it.

It is not "git gud" it is "git guild".
Join a guild, play with them. If that doesn't work, then work on your own keystone and make your own groups. Still, you should be trying to join another guild here.

There's absolutely nothing more that needs to be said. You put in time to even make a keystone group, or you join a guild, befriend them and not worry about RIO.

Also remember to look at what Communities has to offer. That way you're not even joining a guild, just other folks with the same mindset.

Options are there, use them.
Yeah exactly, I never even checked that raiderio website and im a dps. If I need to do stuff and there's no friend online I just make grps and that's it.
You have to guild up if you wanna make a habit of running raids or m+. PuG life is NOT worth the headache. It's why I haven't raided anything in years and am ubercasual now just grabbing my welfare epics whenever Im not just pvping.

Stuff like this is making WoW a single player game for a lot of folks.
23/10/2018 20:34Posted by Shwosh
Item level > Everything else

That is why so many only cares about the loot, gets toxic over fails and quit in despair when they get unlucky with the loot

You are HORRENDOUSLY incorrect. Azerite Traits are what you should ALWAYS look at.
Such toxicity, such elitism. I see people made of filth. You can thank Rio for one thing above all else. Never before did "community" show how ugly it is. Keep it going dudes, this sh itshow of game is gonna be dead before 8.2. <3
23/10/2018 20:59Posted by Curedk
23/10/2018 20:10Posted by Dottie
You don't care about the rating but others do, who wants someone with your iLevel when they can take someone with 20+ more?

People usually say "make your own groups."

Ok so basically I now raid mythic, wait until im 385+ ilvl then I will be invited to M+10 where the base drop ilvl is 370 and be completely worthless. Great system.

Make. Your. Own. Group.
25/10/2018 10:54Posted by Wryme
Such toxicity, such elitism. I see people made of filth. You can thank Rio for one thing above all else. Never before did "community" show how ugly it is. Keep it going dudes, this sh itshow of game is gonna be dead before 8.2. <3

I'm guessing you didn't play when gearscore was introduced. The game survived that and Rio is not going to kill the game..
I understand why people use it. I mean, ilvl doesn't really say anything.

You can get 380 ilvl by only PvP'ing or raiding. It also doesn't help that you get "Welfare epics" every week and now you even get 370 Azerite pieces for free.

It's a timed key and it sucks when people sabotage it.

I make my own groups and don't use raider.io yet, but I might when I start pushing higher keys. I get a lot of people with 360+ ilvl that don't know the mechanics of bosses.
To the OP: well being good at Uldir doesn't make you good in M+ it's a whole another story and to be frank, as someone who was in your shoes (bottom line of classes -> Prot Warrior) still managed to do ~950 rio purely PUGing but I barely ever joined foreign grp I always assembled mine.
One of things I noticed by the time i got assembled hundreads of grps is, that I saw applications to my ~10ish keys by ppl with no m+ experience whatsoever. I mean, what do you expect? To be fair, I didn't even wanted to skip whole m+ progressing (lower keys, lesser affixes) due to me not confident enough that I can handle that (and o man i can tell you I wouldn't handle that as simple as it seems m+ difficulty isn't linear). My advice to you is work your way up, do own grps, get some experience in m+ sphere = r.io score and then you can consider applying to groups.

To rest of discussion:
I don't find r.io as a bad tool. It indicates a lot of players m+ experience. I usually don't require very great score from atendant but I am looking for someone that clearly has the experience. He doesnt have to be 1000+ rio score to join my +10 grp but he must have been to all m+ instances and timed atleast few +8 that indicates he knows what's up and if you got 5 times of "knows what's up" you are very likely to succeed in a +10 run. Even the 10 is kind of magical line where a lot of fun factor (infested) is cooked in.

TL;DR: it's natural that ppl playing higher keystones won't play with unexperienced players. You have to work your way atleast close to 10 to be eligible for others and again, i find it absolutely normal.
Just switch garde, imagine yourself assembling HC pug and someone who has 2/8N, decent M+ runs and 375 ilvl is attending, would you accept him knowing that he has no experience in N Uldir?

25/10/2018 10:54Posted by Wryme
Such toxicity, such elitism.

You don't get it you don't have to be elitist or toxic to not wanting to pay repair bills and key regression for people that have their heads stuck in sky thinking they have curve and overgear so they MUST steamroll peasant m+ dungeons aswell. I've been there, i've done that. Thank's to rio I got rid of such ppl. I met them. Dealt with them. Their ego is usually so high that even you tell them what's wrong they'll tell you "fck off not my fault" (I got curve right???) and leaves party. Ppl who have their rio profile filled with runs are more likely dedicated to it and will try to get better.
25/10/2018 11:26Posted by Flace
23/10/2018 20:59Posted by Curedk

Ok so basically I now raid mythic, wait until im 385+ ilvl then I will be invited to M+10 where the base drop ilvl is 370 and be completely worthless. Great system.

Make. Your. Own. Group.
jyst FYI, this literally solves nothing.. level an alt, get 340 ilvl and try creating a group and see how long it takes to form one lol.
25/10/2018 13:12Posted by Dappysham
jyst FYI, this literally solves nothing.. level an alt, get 340 ilvl and try creating a group and see how long it takes to form one lol.

There's no reason to point this out anymore. It's been pointed out by a lot of people, yet they still think it's simple and easy to create a group. Because 1-2 hours of creating your own groups don't exist or anything.
How come? That's basically what i did since ilvl 320-330, creating own grps way up to ilvl 372 and 950 rio. No raids, no guild M+ runs, no premade grp, no OP class...
25/10/2018 13:16Posted by Hegynooh
How come? That's basically what i did since ilvl 320-330, creating own grps way up to ilvl 372 and 950 rio. No raids, no guild M+ runs, no premade grp, no OP class...

Nobody is applying to groups without a tank. I also have filtered my lfg-addon on groups min 1 tank (and 0 healers).
I made an exception last weekend on my alt since my 330 char has nothing to 'demand'. And I had been a couple of times for around 45 minutes with no tank applying, on +2 and +3 keys. These groups cancelled, with 45 minutes nothing achieved.

And then when you are able to get into a key, that low key is not registered by raider.io.