Mount collection clarification needed, blizzard

General
i tried to search for it but didn't find any topics that would clarify all cases a mount is counted or not counted for the mount collection achievements. the information sources seem inconsistent and many players do the collection so it affects a lot of people.

yesterday i made the 4 lesser JC panther mounts, used them one by one and the counter moved up only 1 (from 245/250 to 246/250). the only rule i know is the mount must by usable by one character to be counted, so no profession or faction restrictions. these JC mounts have no restrictions at all so it seemed clear to me that they should count as 4 (i should have 249/250 now).

today the counter showed 247/250 without doing anything, so it seems either some of them was not counted and/or the refreshing of the counter is really slow, but i don't know why. checked some of my alts (non-JC, horde) and the achievement says the same 247/250 so probably the counter is bugged or slow to realize if i have a new mount sometimes.

my armory page says i have 319 mounts collected while my in-game collection page says "total mounts: 294" so even these two blizzard sources are not compatible. what causes the difference anyway?

it would be nice and fair to tell when mounts are not counted because they are sometimes really pricey (one JC mount starts at 20k gold but there are more expensive ones). are there any exceptions in the counting for the achievements? what about someone buying shop mounts for the achievement for real money and find out it was not counted?
Between the armoury and in game list the difference is between horde only and alliance only mounts I think. So if you got the teldrassil hippogryph in the bfa pre patch in game on alliance it counts as 1 mount but you also have the horde bat (even if you didn't do the horde side) on a horde character as 1 mount so same number of mounts show so on the armoury it will show both mounts meaning it classes 2 separate mounts hence more mounts showing.

It's the same for any mount that is faction specific but has an equivalent on the other faction so all the horses and gryphons etc you only need to purchase on one faction to unlock both sides and in the armoury they show up as separate mounts.
Do you have another character with more class/profession mounts than your warlock? The counter will move up when you log that char but won't move past that until you return to that char.

For example, you said you were at 245 and made 4 mounts. If you had 3 of those mounts specific to some character, the character you were on was pretty much on 242 useable mounts and moved that to 246. When you'd return to that char, it'd get to 249.
I know this because of my paladin alt (2 class mounts + 2 engineering mounts) so any time I get a mount when close to an achi, I log that to push the counter up.
01/11/2018 10:38Posted by Mahmeya
Do you have another character with more class/profession mounts than your warlock? The counter will move up when you log that char but won't move past that until you return to that char.

For example, you said you were at 245 and made 4 mounts. If you had 3 of those mounts specific to some character, the character you were on was pretty much on 242 useable mounts and moved that to 246. When you'd return to that char, it'd get to 249.
I know this because of my paladin alt (2 class mounts + 2 engineering mounts) so any time I get a mount when close to an achi, I log that to push the counter up.

you definetely have a point there, i've logged on every class and prof alts and at my paladin the counter moved up to 249/250. but meanwhile i have collected an additional one (glory of the draenor hero) so theoretically i already should have 250 now and logging doesn't help.

this is so weird and need arrangement by blizzard i think.
Faction mounts that gives a version to each faction, does not count towards achievements ect. and only counts as +1 towards "unique" mounts, aka not achievements.
Best way to get the actual number of unique mounts, is to check the achievement.
it seems the achievement counter is slow to realize that you got a new mount even if you relog to another character (interestingly, the collection counter increased immediately). finally did the dark iron recruit line and i was awarded with the dark iron core hound. nothing happened, no surprise - relogged to my paladin again and got achievement and the felfire hawk. now it says i have 251, but i should be at 252 now (249 with the 4 JC mounts + 1 for draenor hero +1 DI line +1 mountacular felfire hawk = 252). i will check tomorrow, maybe it needs dome refreshing with daily reset.