Future of the Night Warriors

Story
In 8.1. Tyrande will do a ritual and will become a Night Warrior. She will become Vengeance of Kaldorei, taking powers from evil dark side of the Elune, to have revenge.
On Blizzcone Blizzard told:

"We’re building foundations for future stories."

- knowing Blizzard, in other words Tyrande will become evil, and will die in a raid.

But what about players? Players also can be Night Warriors! What you think, will Blizzard take possibility to be Night Warrior from players in future?
And also, will Night Warriors be just a small group of elite warriors, and majority of Night Elves will have white eyes, or majority of Night Elves will have those dark skin and eyes aka Drows?
06/11/2018 17:47Posted by Призраклеса
evil dark side of the Elune

Elune isn't really good or evil. No more than the Light and Shadow are evil at their core. Night Warrior is just a different aspect of her.

- knowing Blizzard, in other words Tyrande will become evil, and will die in a raid.

Ghost, let's hope not. Or we'll become actual ghosts as a race >.>

But what about players? Players also can be Night Warriors! What you think, will Blizzard take possibility to be Night Warrior from players in future?

Have they taken away customisation options in the past?

Given the lore that the ritual is so incredibly dangerous and the product is so powerful, it's reasonable to assume that there will be very few Night Warriors. Otherwise, this war would be over already and Ashenvale would be a cakewalk.

I am frustrated that DKs don't get the Night Warrior customisation (for obvious reasons), though it did produce a truly spectacular result in the Wowhead Dressing Room. Doesn't really do much for DHs, for those wondering.
rom evil dark side of the Elune

I wouldn't put it like that, more the 'fighting spirit' of Elune.

No, if not for lore reasons then not for gameplay-reasons. They sporadically take something away, and they certainly won't do it with customisation options.

And also, will Night Warriors be just a small group of elite warriors, and majority of Night Elves will have white eyes, or majority of Night Elves will have those dark skin and eyes aka Drows?

Only a small group, like an elite force.

I think the Night Warriors are going to play a further role when we go to Azshara, but I'm not sure. It might be a one-time thing, and we might not see any Night Warriors after this patch again.
Considering Night Warrior are easily killed and raised back up in 8.1 then they are not that strong. And I can easily see Tyrande going back to being inconsistent so that solves that problem.
knowing Blizzard, in other words Tyrande will become evil, and will die in a raid.

She's not Horde. Don't worry, she's safe.
"We’re building foundations for future stories."- knowing Blizzard, in other words Tyrande will become evil, and will die in a raid.

Very optimistic of you to believe they will actually build stories upon those foundations.
Afaik the night elves have been kicked in the !@# since Cata. I think Tyrande & Malfurion are safe for a while.
06/11/2018 18:12Posted by Theronarum
Only a small group, like an elite force.

I think the Night Warriors are going to play a further role when we go to Azshara, but I'm not sure. It might be a one-time thing, and we might not see any Night Warriors after this patch again.

I'm also can't choose. Should I join them, and become Vengeance of Kaldorei. Or should I stay normal, but still having my revenge, just like Shandris Feathermoon is doing? Because one day this faction war will be over, and what next?

This remind me High/Blood elves story. Some of them choose to become revengers, other decided to stay normal.

06/11/2018 18:28Posted by Aeula
She's not Horde. Don't worry, she's safe.

There was already one Night Elves leader, who become evil, and was killed in a raid.
06/11/2018 18:46Posted by Alestra
Afaik the night elves have been kicked in the !@# since Cata. I think Tyrande & Malfurion are safe for a while.

Puahahahahahah, good one.
But actually, it take a moment a think, then:
First Night Elves leader Azshara, she became evil and soon will die in a raid. Another leader Fendral, also became evil and was killed in a raid. Nightbornes leader (they are also NE) Elisande also became evil and die in a raid...
So it will be pretty foolishly to make Tyrande evil and kill her in a raid. Magic hash tag #NEpunchingBags will shine again in that case. If I was WoW writer I wouldn't do that mistake.

Also a love between Malfurion and Tyrande is only real love which is always shown in game. If one of them dies, than WoW will be left totally without love!!!
07/11/2018 07:06Posted by Призраклеса
If one of them dies, than WoW will be left totally without love!!!
Sylvanas + Nathanos = <3
06/11/2018 18:51Posted by Призраклеса
There was already one Night Elves leader, who become evil, and was killed in a raid.

Staghelm didn't become evil; he always was. Even when he lived in Darnassus he was a jerk.

The future of the Night Warriors will be the same as everything else they add to the game as part of an expansion. It'll float around for a while during the xpac in which it launches, then fade into the background when the next one comes out. I'd like to see them do something interesting with it but they probably won't.
07/11/2018 08:50Posted by Owlsong
06/11/2018 18:51Posted by Призраклеса

Staghelm didn't become evil; he always was. Even when he lived in Darnassus he was a jerk.

The future of the Night Warriors will be the same as everything else they add to the game as part of an expansion. It'll float around for a while during the xpac in which it launches, then fade into the background when the next one comes out. I'd like to see them do something interesting with it but they probably won't.

Or

they could finally get some balls, let Tyrande do something epic with her power that helps the Nightelves and after that let the rage of elune consume her and kill her for good -> heroic ending, good use of power, consistency and not another Mary sue
07/11/2018 09:37Posted by Xiaopaw
07/11/2018 08:50Posted by Owlsong

Or

they could finally get some balls, let Tyrande do something epic with her power that helps the Nightelves and after that let the rage of elune consume her and kill her for good -> heroic ending, good use of power, consistency and not another Mary sue

Why does Tyrande or Malfurion or both always have to die in the scenario's offered by Horde players? XD
Funny I made a similar titled post on General forums over 2 months ago.

Future of Night Elves & the Night Warrior
https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17623923582#post-1

There were many more active hard-core subs then, so the discussion ran to 4 pages, albeit we never discussed things from that view.

I never thought the dark side of the moon was evil, what makes you say that? Because it's dark? If that's the case, night elves being of the night, dark and shadows, would be evil too but aren't at all. Is a sword evil because it can be used to kill and destroy? Can't such usage be for protection and eradicating evil destructive People? Perhaps that's the way to view the dark side of the moon.

I just view it as the warrior vengeful side of Elune, punishment and judgement, maybe they will reveal that it is the way the void is supposed to be utilised but isn't by the malevolent void lords, while the moon light side is the peaceful, healing nurturing side.

I wonder if we shall see insights to the void side that aren't evil because Elune isn't evil and has been hinted that she is the balance between light and void having both sides.

Also the night elf priestesses had a shadow/Void side that inflicted pain and punishment, in WotA, I wonder if this will connect night elves to void elves. If they remember this little details.
07/11/2018 17:50Posted by Moridunum
07/11/2018 09:37Posted by Xiaopaw

Or

Why does Tyrande or Malfurion or both always have to die in the scenario's offered by Horde players? XD

Tyrande has to for consistancy. Maiev whine our ears full with how powerful but deadly for the host this power is. Noone has survived this. If they dont want to put the lame fairytail shennanigans, she needs to die. Let it be heroical and legendary, but keeping her would not do the story good ( and another broken superpower on the alliance side...) .
07/11/2018 19:59Posted by Xiaopaw
If they dont want to put the lame fairytail shennanigans, she needs to die.

Well that sounds exactly like something blizzard has been doing for quite some time, doesn't it.
07/11/2018 19:59Posted by Xiaopaw
07/11/2018 17:50Posted by Moridunum

Tyrande has to for consistancy. Maiev whine our ears full with how powerful but deadly for the host this power is. Noone has survived this. If they dont want to put the lame fairytail shennanigans, she needs to die. Let it be heroical and legendary, but keeping her would not do the story good ( and another broken superpower on the alliance side...) .

I was understanding that the ritual itself is deadly for the ones who undergo it, and when it goes awry. Not that its some kind of trade off between life for power?

So no, if one undergoes it succesfully, its not deadly and it imbueds the user with great power.... But undergoing the ritual, and if it goes wrong, its deadly... Akin to the Draenei and their Lightforging. Its only deadly when it goes wrong.
07/11/2018 19:57Posted by Elandril
Funny I made a similar titled post on General forums over 2 months ago.

Future of Night Elves & the Night Warrior
https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17623923582#post-1

You should post threads like these on the story forums more, it was a nice read and I agree with in fully.
07/11/2018 20:41Posted by Frozenshadow
You should post threads like these on the story forums more, it was a nice read and I agree with in fully.

Ah thanks, yeh, on general, I kinda get swamped by a trio of blood elf posters who tend to be disruptive, often on things the topic isn't about and just trolling me, posts end up being me against the 5 of them in the discussion bit, though i have a lot more positive upvotes, most guys don't respond, unwilling to wade into the fight they keep starting.

But the reason I tend to post there to raise awareness of night elves and remind those who don't normally get into the story or think much of night elves, that there is a lot awesome about them that hasn't been in most of wow, in fact, not until Legion did you actually see night elves as badass, and not until now is the first time you've seen the allinace group of night elves as badass ~(the legion group were neutrals mainly, and one of them was given to the horde), so its refreshing to see. But they kinda need to know this stuff is out there, some of it is 14 years old, and gets lost really in all the various new things to everything else that comes.

Perhaps I would post more here, I think it will get a better discussion here, rather than 1 night elf against 4 blood elves (and a night elf that doesn't like me). but that is because most general forum users aren't really into lore and story.

But if blizzard continue to raise the bar of their story telling in game, they will engage many more people, and they can only benefit from that. As a cool story has always actually drawn me to play wow, so it will have that effect on others. And the more diverse it is, the more variety they keep and enhance, the more people will find just that niche there they really like and also would likely interest them in other aspects that are similar but a delicious variance enhancing the experience.

Here is a recent topic I wrote today, on the state of things, you might enjoy it.

Blizzard Are You Really Serious About Night Elves This Time?
https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17624423481#post-1